Last minute packing!

SlideOperatorCP

Hi!
My boyfriend and I are leaving in 3 DAYS for our anniversary trip!!! :kiss: We have pretty much everything I can think of packed away. I was wondering if anyone can think of items that they wished that they brought with them and couldn;t find once they needed it... I am a little paranoid because I have never been there on vacation... I was a cp so I ALWAYS had everything I needed just a short bus ride away. My boyfriend thinks I am crazy but I wanna be safe!

Someone once posted something about how they couldn't find any Ambesol and that was a GREAT tip because that will really come in handy. Is there anything that anyone else can think of that they wish they had? Thank you so much!!!

3 DAYS 3DAYS 3 DAYS!!!! :sohappy:

EmeraldDolphin

a few years ago our family was going on a trip to CA... we live in CT... so this was the farthest we had ever taken our children. I was stressing over packing sooo much, and I was talking about it with an older lady at work. She said, "honey, I used to do the same thing, until my husband said...don't worry honey, if you forgot something, you can always buy it where we're going" I'm not usually the type to stress over packing, but because we were going so far away it was more stressful than ever... after she told me that story I was fine... I'm sure that if you forget something you can buy it in WDW... just be sure to remember any medications if you have any that you take daily. Enjoy yourself!!! :)

Upvote 0

no2apprentice

I don't know what your electronic needs are, but one thing we took last year which came in REALLY handy was a surge suppressor/power strip. We had cell phones, 2 cameras with rechargable batteries, and a laptop. Talk about a plug-in nightmare...but it was so much easier with the power strip.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Anbesol is one thing that I was not able to get on property for a child's toothache. I would like to make the suggestion of mole skin. If you can't get mole skin, get the new blister bandages by band aid with the padding and medication on them.

Pam

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Shiney pennies and quarters (for smashing in those machines...just cant say no!). A good attitude and great sunblock! oh yeah FILM, FILM, FILM...yeah they have it there but why pay so much extra for it? I agree with the above mentioned tip as well, not to over pack..we always bring one bag w/snacks it so we can have an empty bag for all of the stuff we buy when we are down there! But I always pack light on the clothes and I do laundry while my husband is swimming with the kids.

Upvote 0

Maria

Yeah, I agree... you are not going to the end of the world! There is always a 7eleven around! :animwink:
I would buy film and check on my camera´s batteries because those can get really expensive around property! Bring an extra bag inside your luggage in case you want to shop more than what your suitcase can hold, or want to take a quick beach/water park trip; don´t forget your medicines and birth control method :D ;) and your favorite sunblock!

What is that Ambesol that everybody talks about? :veryconfu

Have a great trip and Happy Anniversary! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
It's used for toothaches Maria.

Pam

Wow... I never thought toothaches would be that popular among adults when travelling! Gotta think of that next time I do it! ;)

Upvote 0

figmentmom

I don't like hauling a lot of stuff with us when we go to WDW, but there are a few things that are just expensive on property! Bring your own sunscreen, film and batteries, as others have already said, along with prescriptions and sunglasses. We always pack a corkscrew, fork, spoon, knife and can opener in the luggage that we CHECK (not carry-on, obviously!) Those plastic utensils aren't always effective!:)

Upvote 0

DisneyCP2000

On a side note about film...
Make sure you don't pack it in your check in luggage! The new scanners at your hometown airport or MCO are very strong and WILL ruin you photos. If you take it on carry on you'll be fine.

Upvote 0

wdwforus

Originally posted by Tiggerish
I second Pam's suggestion about moleskin. A blister can almost ruin your trip. I make sure I pack it every time now.

In the case of a blister if you take a decent size band aid and cut a diamond shape out of the center of the pad it will help alot. Put the hole over the blister and it will keep a lil gap between your sock and shoe. This is what they used to do for us in football and it really seemed to work.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
On a side note about film...
Make sure you don't pack it in your check in luggage! The new scanners at your hometown airport or MCO are very strong and WILL ruin you photos. If you take it on carry on you'll be fine.

I agree with this 100%. I just went through this at Orlando Int. a couple of weeks ago. I had to go rummaging through my luggage because I forgot all about it.

Pam

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by Maria
Wow... I never thought toothaches would be that popular among adults when travelling! Gotta think of that next time I do it! ;)

Actually my youngest had a toothache when we were there in 98" and they didn't have it anywhere on site. My husband had to go off property to get it.

Pam

Upvote 0

SlideOperatorCP

Original Poster
Thank you all so much!!! I am kind of a little more relaxed now! I doubt if I forgot anything! The suggestions are wonderful! Thanks again!!!

2 DAYS!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Candyapple

In regards to laundry... We usually buy trip clothes everytime we go on vacation. Bad habit, I know. Has anyone ever used the AKL self serve laundry facility? I heard there is one on site. This will end up cheaper than buying a set of clothes for each of the 11 days we'll be there. Not to mention tsome nice evening dinners, thats another outfit right there. I guess I'll wash mid week. Anyone ever done that or at least seen the one site laundry room?

Upvote 0

Candyapple

Oh, and dont forget prescription contact lenses. If you think you'll be fine with the ones youre wearing, think again. Once a contact just popped out of my eye at the movies and I was only able to see from one eye, you can imagine the headache I got. Imagine a week or more without them... that is of course if you do wear contacts.. Just a suggestion many can benefit from.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom