"Last day" management

We Be Pirates

Anyone have any ideas or experience on the best way to do "the last day"? Do you leave early and get going or take late flights to make the most of it? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!! We are returning in 285 days...!!:xmas:

DizneyPryncess

I always leave out early on the day of departure. Why torture myself. There is no way I could relax and really soak in the World if I knew I always already checked out of my room. So the plans that everyone talks about (park hopping and squeezing out all the last bits of marrow) we do the day/night before.

This is how I feel too. Once I'm checked out, I am ready to get home. I never plan anything else that day. Although I will say that we usually drive from PA, so leaving early is really the best option for us. Otherwise we have to stay overnight somewhere on the drive home, and we like to try to get home in one day.

I just don't think I could really enjoy doing anything in WDW knowing I'm leaving in a few hours. I like to just get it over with & head for home once I'm awake.

Upvote 0

drp4video

I stopped taking the last flight out a few years ago because I always would go to the park the day of the flight, and I would be dropping on TOT, or riding RNR, or another ride, and look at my watch and say, "I can go on this one more time." Then, I would miss my flight. :ROFLOL:

So now, we take a flight out between 11 am and 3 p.m. If earlier, we leave after breakfast, if later, we bop into DTD for a little shopping and lunch before we leave.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Anyone have any ideas or experience on the best way to do "the last day"? Do you leave early and get going or take late flights to make the most of it? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!! We are returning in 285 days...!!:xmas:

My DH and I do the same thing each time. We do Magic Kingdom, get an ADR for bfast before the park opens so we get pics of just us in front of the castle with just the two of us, and hit our fave rides one last time. And of course, see Mickey. We usually drove since we were only 4 hours away so we would leave late afternoon. This next trip we are flying so we will have to use Magical Express but we are taking the latest night flight we can get.

Upvote 0

rob0519

285 days? Wow. Anyway, we tend to book a flight out around 7:00 pm. We take our luggage down, check them in, get our boarding passes and then decide what to do based on the weather. We've spent the last day at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Typhoon Lagoon and Downtown Disney.

Then we head for the airport about 3 hours before the flight. My advice would be play it by ear and see what you feel like doing.

Upvote 0

We Be Pirates

Original Poster
My DH and I do the same thing each time. We do Magic Kingdom, get an ADR for bfast before the park opens so we get pics of just us in front of the castle with just the two of us, and hit our fave rides one last time. And of course, see Mickey. We usually drove since we were only 4 hours away so we would leave late afternoon. This next trip we are flying so we will have to use Magical Express but we are taking the latest night flight we can get.

Thanks disneygirl....Early ADR is a nice idea. Like it!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom