Last Day at Work before Disney-What do you do?

6laurac

Hello fellow Disney lovers,

Today is my last day at work before getting ready to see the Mouse :) . I was wondering what do you do the last day at work to further get ready and excited for your trip? I have finished all my special projects and am just on alert mode in case of something I have to handle today. So what do you do the last day at work to get ready to enjoy your trip?

s.ollie

Tell EVERYONE where i am going the next day, continuously all day long, and i mean everyone, colleagues and customers, delivery people, no one escapes. They do be quite exasperated with me by the end of it that they are happy to see the back of me, this is also probably a culmination of the fact that i declare daily how many days left to Disney from about 200 days out. Apparently they just dont get it !!!!!!!:eek:

I also leave little notes on our daily planner stating where i will be that day, Like Magic Kingdom Day, Epcot Day etc. sometimes i do it in Disney Code and write things like MNSSHP and confuse the hell out of them, They tolerate me, well they have to Im the Boss after all

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Tell EVERYONE where i am going the next day, continuously all day long, and i mean everyone, colleagues and customers, delivery people, no one escapes. They do be quite exasperated with me by the end of it that they are happy to see the back of me, this is also probably a culmination of the fact that i declare daily how many days left to Disney from about 200 days out. Apparently they just dont get it !!!!!!!:eek:

I also leave little notes on our daily planner stating where i will be that day, Like Magic Kingdom Day, Epcot Day etc. sometimes i do it in Disney Code and write things like MNSSHP and confuse the hell out of them, They tolerate me, well they have to Im the Boss after all

LOVE IT... I'm goin to Disney and you're not...

k1792708.jpg

k1650389.jpg

Upvote 0

coachwnh

Stare at the clock. I have a supervisor who is a DVC member herself. We talk Disney all the time. A few other co workers are huge WDW fans as well. I like to talk with them. If all goes well, im given the ok to head out a little early. It's great when others totally understand what you are thinking about during those last few hours at work!

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Hello fellow Disney lovers,

Today is my last day at work before getting ready to see the Mouse :) . I was wondering what do you do the last day at work to further get ready and excited for your trip? I have finished all my special projects and am just on alert mode in case of something I have to handle today. So what do you do the last day at work to get ready to enjoy your trip?
Give my employer a full days work for a full days pay.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

I go to the office in the morning, get a nice big cup of coffee, and then walk around from office to office letting everyone know I'll be gone the next week on vacation (sounds like I'm being responsible, but really I'm just rubbing in it). Give my secretary all of the things that need to be filed while I gone. Make any phone calls that need to be made; send any emails that need to be sent. For example, one last email around the office asking anyone if they'd like a new set of mouse ears? Then I set my out of office email and voicemail and skedaddle! Go home and finish up laundry and packing and pretend not to be too excited because the kids don't realize we're leaving the next day. We always tell them it's the day after we leave so that they sleep the night before (i.e., this year we leave on a Saturday morning, but they have their countdown set for us not to leave until Sunday morning). It's worked so far - not sure how much longer we can keep pulling off the same stunt...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom