Lasseter Taking Leave of Absence

Hatbox Ghostbuster

“He was inappropriate with the fairies,” said the former Pixar executive, referring to physical contact that included long hugs. “We had to have someone make sure he wasn’t alone with them.”

Arthur-Surprised-Gif-In-Disneys-Sword-In-The-Stone.gif

Hatbox Ghostbuster

At this point, if Lasseter doesn't get canned, that's going to set an awfully interesting precedent. And how many employees will be enthusiastic about working with him again? I would also be surprised if he returns and basically picks up where he left off with his same position.

dweezil78

There is no law of attractions that says show scenes must play out in a continuous loop.

Agreed. Early attractions needed to work on a loop because the technology needed to effectively start/stop/reset things without having things break down every 30 seconds just wasn't up to snuff. There's no theme park/storytelling rule or law that says things need to be on a loop. That is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard on here -- and there have been lots!!!

Hatbox Ghostbuster

That's the primary reason a CEO of a modern multi-media company exists. The role is judged on largely on financial performance and revenue outcomes.
I understand that the CEO's position is largely to ensure the success and growth of the company...but to me it's just sad that the head of a company like Disney can't also be a top-notch creative person as well.

D

Deleted member 107043

I understand that the CEO's position is largely to ensure the success and growth of the company...but to me it's just sad that the head of a company like Disney can't also be a top-notch creative person as well.

Agreed, but I think at this point, some 34 years after Eisner arrived at Disney and 18 years into Iger's tenure as CEO, it's time that everyone accept that the Walt Disney Company is mostly a content distribution company, not the boutique creative enterprise that it was at Walt's passing. The point I'm making is that you can forget about Disney as it stands being that kind of company again, no matter who holds the CEO position.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Agreed, but I think at this point, some 34 years after Eisner arrived at Disney and 18 years into Iger's tenure as CEO, it's time that everyone accept that the Walt Disney Company is mostly a content distribution company, not the boutique creative enterprise that it was at Walt's passing. The point I'm making is that you can forget about Disney as it stands being that kind of company again, no matter who holds the CEO position.
lol, I don't know that I would ever have categorized Walt-era Disney as "boutique", but that's just me.

Also, ugh, I don't want you to be right about this...despite all the current and future evidence pointing to it.
I think the correct CEO could turn it around...it just surely won't be Chapek.

edit: my math is a bit fuzzy, but didn't Iger become CEO in 2005? That would only give him 12 years at the helm not 18.

Curious Constance

New reporting revealing details about Lassetter's behavior are emerging. It appears that higher ups within Disney knew about it. :jawdrop:

There’s evidence Disney may well have been aware of troubling behavior on the part of the digital animation pioneer. Indeed the Pixar co-founder attended some wrap parties with a handler to ensure he would not engage in inappropriate conduct with women, say two people with direct knowledge of the situation.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/john-lasseter-behavior-pixar-disney-1202213821/
Wait, he had a HANDLER?! That's both the funniest and most disgusting thing I've ever heard.

Last edited:

SSG

Original Poster
Wait, he had a HANDLER?! Those both the funniest and most disgusting thing I've ever heard.
This report on Matt Lauer has him beat:

"His office was in a secluded space, and he had a button under his desk that allowed him to lock his door from the inside without getting up. This afforded him the assurance of privacy. It allowed him to welcome female employees and initiate inappropriate contact while knowing nobody could walk in on him,"

Curious Constance

This report on Matt Lauer has him beat:

"His office was in a secluded space, and he had a button under his desk that allowed him to lock his door from the inside without getting up. This afforded him the assurance of privacy. It allowed him to welcome female employees and initiate inappropriate contact while knowing nobody could walk in on him,"

Are these wild animals or humans?

I'm telling you Hollywood is filled with crazy robots, not people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom