"Larger Sized Guest" Worry -Help..

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

I am 5'7, 320lbs male (short and round especially around stomach). I have avoided Space Mountain, Rock N Roller Coaster like the plague but when I was smaller they were my favorite rides. But now I am mortified of standing in the line only to not fit. I know they have test seats (I think) could you tell me where they are located? Also, for anyone that is of larger size please tell me about your experience with the "standard size" seating. I know I have had trouble with the seatbelt on Soarin the past. Does anyone know about Dumbo as well - I have not ridden it since a child but I would love to take a spin on it but again. Thanks so much :p

docdebbi

also try allears.et, they have an entiere section on larger folks at WDW (written by larger folks who've been there) including photos of each and every ride vehicle so you can anticipate if it will work. Disney also has a ride vehicle for each ride in a private place where you can see how comfortably you fit before you get in line. ask a CM when you approach the ride.

disney4life2008

Original Poster
also try allears.et, they have an entiere section on larger folks at WDW (written by larger folks who've been there) including photos of each and every ride vehicle so you can anticipate if it will work. Disney also has a ride vehicle for each ride in a private place where you can see how comfortably you fit before you get in line. ask a CM when you approach the ride.

Thank you so much.

bethymouse

Oh don't you worry.:D From a large sized woman 5'8'' nearly 300lbs. I can fit on every ride!:D Some rides are tight and some are difficult to get out "up" from ( Astro Orbiter), but I can ride them all, and I am big!:eek:
That's what I love about WDW!:D The rides that are "tight" are the ones w/ seatbelts like Star Tours.
Hakuna Matata my friend!:D

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Oh don't you worry.:D From a large sized woman 5'8'' nearly 300lbs. I can fit on every ride!:D Some rides are tight and some are difficult to get out "up" from ( Astro Orbiter), but I can ride them all, and I am big!:eek:
That's what I love about WDW!:D The rides that are "tight" are the ones w/ seatbelts like Star Tours.
Hakuna Matata my friend!:D

Thank you so much. My BFF is your size but 5'4 female and she refuses to come with WDW with me because she thinks she will not fit. I keep telling her that unlike Six Flags and other amusement parks - WDW is set up to make the guest happy and that includes us large folks. I have found that Space Mountain and RNRC are easy to get into but hard to get out of. Space Mountain is fine because it disembarks in privacy but if I recall RNRC people can see you getting out and it takes extra time for me to get out and they like to rush you out. I have never rode Astro Orbiter but your encourage I will give it a try. And my happiness will be found if I can enjoy Dumbo - seriously, its been about 15 years since I have rode it.

Disney_Dad88

Its kind of late now but some motivation for me to lose weight was planning our Disney Trip. Next time you go, set a goal and try to lose some weight. Please don't take that in a mean way either, but Disney is the motivation I have used to lose weight myself. Our trip is in Januray 2014, and I started a simple diet of exercising and eating better, but the main thing I did was cut out my sugar including soft drinks. You will be surprised how much weight you can lose just doing that. You don't need any fancy diets and stuff. Im 5,11" and was 265 lbs when I started on May 1. Now Im 228 after two months of dieting. My goal is to be down to 215 before Disney, and at 215 its a good weight for me because Im stocky and I look sick if I go below 200. It gives you some good self confidence and you feel so much better and you will be able to have a better experience at Disney. I know that's not a good answer since you are leaving soon but use it for motivation for the next time. Trust me it works and you will feel a lot better.

FettFan

Hi Everyone,

I am 5'7, 320lbs male (short and round especially around stomach). I have avoided Space Mountain, Rock N Roller Coaster like the plague but when I was smaller they were my favorite rides. But now I am mortified of standing in the line only to not fit. I know they have test seats (I think) could you tell me where they are located? Also, for anyone that is of larger size please tell me about your experience with the "standard size" seating. I know I have had trouble with the seatbelt on Soarin the past. Does anyone know about Dumbo as well - I have not ridden it since a child but I would love to take a spin on it but again. Thanks so much :p

Splash Mountain won't be a problem for you. My brother-in-law is 6-1 and weighs about 400. He simply got a row to himself.

Don't know about any of the others though, since he's not a thrill ride person and opted out of all the other major thrills. To which I'm like "dude, seriously? You pay $300 for a ticket just to ride the benches?"

bethymouse

Its kind of late now but some motivation for me to lose weight was planning our Disney Trip. Next time you go, set a goal and try to lose some weight. Please don't take that in a mean way either, but Disney is the motivation I have used to lose weight myself. Our trip is in Januray 2014, and I started a simple diet of exercising and eating better, but the main thing I did was cut out my sugar including soft drinks. You will be surprised how much weight you can lose just doing that. You don't need any fancy diets and stuff. Im 5,11" and was 265 lbs when I started on May 1. Now Im 228 after two months of dieting. My goal is to be down to 215 before Disney, and at 215 its a good weight for me because Im stocky and I look sick if I go below 200. It gives you some good self confidence and you feel so much better and you will be able to have a better experience at Disney. I know that's not a good answer since you are leaving soon but use it for motivation for the next time. Trust me it works and you will feel a lot better.
Congrats! I am trying to do the same thing for a DL trip ( hopefully) in 2014.:) It's not easy, but so far so good. Don't give up the faith and hope ( I know I always seem to).;)

Disney_Dad88

Congrats! I am trying to do the same thing for a DL trip ( hopefully) in 2014.:) It's not easy, but so far so good. Don't give up the faith and hope ( I know I always seem to).;)

Ive tried diets before but what Ive found at is that its not the diet itself, but the drive and motivation. Disney World seems to be the only thing that keeps my head up and so far its been great. One good thing for me is that I get to work in the heat all day so I haven't really been exercising and the pounds have been melting off. Unfortunately I fractured my ankle at work last week and Im out of work for 6 weeks. Im trying just to maintain my weight right now because its hard to be able to jog and stuff with a busted ankle. Should be back going at the end of August which still gives me about 5 months to shave off about 20lbs. Shouldn't be a problem as long as I have you guys on here to talk about Disney World with me and keep me motivated.

bethymouse

Your BFF must go! It's such a wonderful place to feel "good".;)
Happy Birthday to you!:D
EE was great! So much fun! Just a lap bar like BTMRR.:D Oh- Kali River Rapids can sometimes be tight too. It has "smallish" seats like Soarin.:eek: I panic sometimes on Test Track trying to get the seat belt buckled, but it's no problem really! It's my favorite!:D Tower of Terror also has a seatbelt, but there is plenty of room.;)
I remember asking a very nice CM if I'd fit into the RNRC seats. He was so kind and said, "Beautiful young lady you'll have no problem.":D Mission Space no problem either, but beware if you're at all claustrophobic!:eek: Barnstormer, the "kiddie coaster" is also tight, but still doable.;) ENJOY!:D

disney4life2008

Original Poster

Absolutely. My trip starts in 48 hours though.But I will also be back in January and I will do just that :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom