large group question

Craig & Lisa

Hey everyone, the family and I have been going to WDW since 97 but, never with a group of 10 before. My question is this, has anybody ever been there with a large group before and did you have problems keeping things organized? Note to everyone, out of the 10 of us 6 are newbies, 4 adults and 2 kids. thanks. 50 days and counting........ NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

sarajo

We go to WDW every year with a group of approximately 25-30. The best way to stay organized is to not have rigid plans for most anything. Do get ADR's arranged for any big, family meals that you want to do, but as far as planning your days at the parks and all... don't plan anything specifically. And, be prepared for one set of people to want to do one thing and another group want to do another. When this happens, the best thing for us has been to establish a meeting time & place and let people do their own thing and meet up at the appointed time/place.

Being with a large group is fun-- it can get hectic, but it is fun. And, you always have someone around to take pictures of you and your immediate family!

Have a great time!

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
the best thing for us has been to establish a meeting time & place and let people do their own thing and meet up at the appointed time/place.
Does this always work? I mean, I would figure that you'd have to set your meeting time in a pretty large window of time to make sure everyone got back. With unpredictable wait times, crowds, bottle necks, and people traffic jams and such, I just wonder how this works out. :wave:

Upvote 0

arequipa

We did a group of 22 in 2000 to WDW and stayed at All-Star. There were 9 adults and the rest children under the age of 14. We had a great time. One piece of advice is to not get dissapointed if there are days or times when everyone does not want to be together. It is real hard for a large group to always have the same interest. When we split up we would set up a meeing time and then whoever showed up would go on for more fun. The first time we all went separate ways many thought that some just did not want to be with the group. But we got over that quickly and had a great time. Also when moving through the parks with a large group with children you will go much slower so be patient and save a day to go hit those things that you may not of had time to do during group travel time.

Upvote 0

diebolds

25 of us are going in Oct. They only thing we are all doing is Hoop Dee Doo. There are some that have never been there before. Some are doing the Grand Gathering Safari. Some are doing the Segway tour. Some are going to MNSSHP. Three are doing the train tour. No set meeting times are scheduled. I am sure some will gather around the pool in the evening and discuss the days events. Stayin at All Star Music.

Upvote 0

debpeduz

I have gone with a group of 9 before. I was involved in some planning of my brother and sister-in-laws wedding planning. I was not with as large of a group as others who have posted, but they have already given you some sage advice. Do not get upset if some people want to do one thing and the rest want to do another.
I would suggest planning at least the theme parks that you want to go to each day and just suggest meeting times and places at each park and let people wander at will. We tried to do the whole group together and it worked out well for the most part. If there was ever a ride that someone didn't want to go on, they just sat outside and waited for us or browsed through a nearby gift shop.
As far as dining reservations, I would make sure you have those ASAP! You can book so far in advance right now, popular restaurants are getting filled up with the dining packages becoming more popular, affordable, and sometimes free depending on your package. If there are picky eaters, try to stay to basic restaurants:
-Chef Mickey's
-any of the Italian restaurants (Mama Melrose, Tony's or Alfredo's)
-Biergarten (Germany)
-Rose and Crown (United Kingdom)
-50's Prime Time Cafe

There were some different dietary needs in my group, so we were able to work everything out. For the most part, it worked out well. Just remember you are in the Happiest Place On Earth and to have a good time!

Upvote 0

DSNYKID

We've gone with groups of 9 or 10. Sometimes my side of the family, sometimes DH's side. We got together before the trip and decided which park we would go to each day and if it was going to be an early day or a late night. We like to get up early and go, not my brother and his family. We also had AP and the rest of the group didn't. The first day everyone would get up early and head to MK. For many it was their first trip and we were the tour guides. Other days some people would get up early and head to a park, and some would do something different. Then maybe inthe evening we would meet in a park for dinner and a parade or fireworks. Planning ahead is key, especially making ADR for places you all want to eat. Our trip in November: us, my parents, and DH sister and family. WE all love Disney!!:)

Upvote 0

sarajo

Does this always work? I mean, I would figure that you'd have to set your meeting time in a pretty large window of time to make sure everyone got back. With unpredictable wait times, crowds, bottle necks, and people traffic jams and such, I just wonder how this works out. :wave:

For the most part... yes, it has worked for us, especially with the advent of cell phones! 15 years ago when we didn't all have cell phones, it was a bit trickier, but now... if somebody is on their way to meet us, but does get caught, they can just call somebody in the group.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Original Poster
Well, everyone has great ideas, and the one thing that we have said and requested from everyone is, if you want to go off in another direction no problem, we just want everyone together when we eat as a family. You don't need to hang with us the whole time and we understand, but the meals are what we would like. And so far no one has a problem with it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom