Trip Report Land & Sea - Baja Style! - Complete

🎶And it's been a while🎶

Well here we are again after a pretty long Disney hiatus, minus a holiday resort-only visit.

In just a few weeks, we're off to the grand state of California! On this journey, we'll visit the Disneyland Resort and sail the Disney Wonder.

Here we are!
20211122_171646.jpg

As you can see (or sea - get it?) we're on a cruise. We have been cruising during the hiatus.

We've sailed Celebrity:
20211026_112754.jpg

If you haven't sailed Celebrity and you're looking for a bit more refined and adult (mostly-kid free) experience, this is the line for you. Plus, drinks are included. Lots of drinks. The food tastes better (for the most part) and you have a much better variety. The Edge class of ships are beautiful.

Then we hit this up:
20211123_091229.jpg

This was a true kids-free experience. The food is amazing! By far the best food I've ever had on a cruise ship. There's some really great outdoor spaces as well. They're working out new cruise line issues so there were some hiccups. Entertainment isn't great and the pool is miniscule. We also had the pleasure of running into a former DCL server we had on the Dream or Fantasy (I can't remember). It was an awesome experience.

We just finished up sailing on this lady:
20220218_075614.jpg

We liked Celebrity so much we sailed again on the Millennium. This is Celebrity's oldest ship (22 years I think) and there were some spots showing age, but I'll tell you, this in no way detracted from the experience. It's just been Revolutionized (refurbished in fancy terms) and most of the ship is looking great. Again, the food choices....

Embarkation Day Desserts
20220217_121250.jpg

This is what the dessert presentation looked like every single day.

If you're on the fence about Celebrity, do it.

Next up - our plans!

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
We're using our DVC points to stay 4 nights at the Grand Californian.
We purchased a 4-day ticket with Genie+.

Departure Day - March 29
We leave the ATL around 8pm EST and fly into Santa Ana (John Wayne Airport) around 9:30 pm. We then head straight to our 1 night at Best Western Park Place. We well rest and be ready for tomorrow, our first day at Disneyland Park!

March 30 - Disneyland
March 31 - California Adventure
April 1 - California Adventure and Napa Rose Dinner
April 2 - Disneyland Park
April 3 - We take the Pacific Surfliner (Amtrak) to San Diego and board (fingers-crossed) the Disney Wonder.
April 4 - At Sea - This will probably be a day of doing absolutely nothing.
April 5 - Cab San Lucas, Mexico - Ultimate Luxury Sail and Snorkel
April 6 - At Sea, dinner at Palo, and a mojito & caipirinha tasting
April 7 - Ensenada, Mexico - Wine Country Tour
April 8 - Debark and go home. Boo.

It's going to be a busy-ish vacation. DCL just dropped its mask mandate, so we're pretty excited about that.
California Adventure is having it's Food and Wine Festival, so I'm excited to try the food and drink. If you're headed out that way, make sure you grab the Sip & Savor pass and use your Disney Visa for a discount. I also learned (and why I didn't know this before) is that you can order all the food and wine items at one booth and then take your receipt to the other booths to pick up the food. This is what Disney has said, and I'm going to try it out.

Last edited:

Sbk1234

This looks like a great trip. Looking forward to it. I don't know if you're familiar with the Disneyland Resort, but in my opinion there's a LOT more to do at Disneyland than DCA, so you may want to consider if you want two days at Disneyland instead of only one. Obviously, it's your trip, but just my two cents.

I've only cruised on Carnival, Princess, and Royal Caribbean, so I've been wondering about the other lines. Nice to hear such good things about Celebrity. I'll have to look at that line the next time I'm in the market to book a cruise.

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
This looks like a great trip. Looking forward to it. I don't know if you're familiar with the Disneyland Resort, but in my opinion there's a LOT more to do at Disneyland than DCA, so you may want to consider if you want two days at Disneyland instead of only one. Obviously, it's your trip, but just my two cents.

I've only cruised on Carnival, Princess, and Royal Caribbean, so I've been wondering about the other lines. Nice to hear such good things about Celebrity. I'll have to look at that line the next time I'm in the market to book a cruise.
We've sailed Disney, Virgin, and Norwegian and can firmly say Celebrity is a great line for food, staterooms, and what they include in their fares. They're a bit weak in scripted entertainment, but their variety acts have been really good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom