Land running out for ioa

MrPromey

Originally posted by MrPromey

The Orlando area is already starting to reach saturation in regards to hotel rooms for most times of the year and at the prices for their hotels, I don't understand why many out of state visitors would choose to stay there. There isn't much more than two days worth of activities available with what Universal has to offer and getting to everything else (mostly Sea World & Disney) from there is a big hassle even with a rental car.

On the other hand, perhaps they are going to bank of that high speed rail and the various local rails that are supposed to come along with it to fix the location problem... Of course they didn't know the rails were going to happen at the time this all began but maybe they are now anticipating that. Who knows.. I knew I should have brought my mind reading cap to work with me today ;)

The Mom

Premium Member

Sorry. I wasn't trying to tell you, honest :( ... I know some times it seems like I'm getting confrontational, but I don't mean to come across that way at all... I guess I'm just a mean one at heart :cry:

That's OK! I won't send you to your room, or make you weed the yard! I'm not that easily offended....thank goodness! ;)

woofboy111

On the other hand, perhaps they are going to bank of that high speed rail and the various local rails that are supposed to come along with it to fix the location problem... Of course they didn't know the rails were going to happen at the time this all began but maybe they are now anticipating that. Who knows.. I knew I should have brought my mind reading cap to work with me today ;)

i wish they would start up a local rail system that they have been talking about for so long. If it was built like the plans that I saw for it once, I could walk to the station and ride it all the way to disney, without getting in my car once!!!

Quentin Disney

Yes, Central Florida needs light rail now! Every local complains about the traffic on 1-4 and what not. Maybe if we all weren't entirely dependent on cars, we could have much more convience with mass transit. However, the local government always sweep the issue under the rug whenever the issue surfaces. This region is growing fast and something like that is needed for a growing community.

wdwmaniac

I think IOA is ok but still love Disney. I like the coaster there and the trill rides but it seems that roller coaster get old you can build big and faster one but another place will have something better and it is hard to revamp. Like Imagination they re did and then no one cared for it and tehy are redoing it again try doing that with a coaster with out some major problems. Also most teens like IOA because it is more for them- Spiderman, etc. When you thnk Mickey Mouse as a teen you think they are weird. Also Universal need discount hotels, evn though I we stay at the deluxe resorts not everyone can afford it which is a big turn down for many.

Wackywitch

Originally posted by The Mom
$150 a night may seem like a lot for Portofino (we got it for $99 in November when the parks were really hurting) but you get a lot for your buck!!

Wait a minute, wait a minute......

You got Portofino for $99.00???? Heck, I wouldn't mind paying even $150.00 for Portofino! I just didn't like the idea of paying $150.00 for HRH.

Tell me, Mom......tell me your secrets! I'll send you a doughnut. Pretty please? With sugar?

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Wackywitch

Wait a minute, wait a minute......

You got Portofino for $99.00???? Heck, I wouldn't mind paying even $150.00 for Portofino! I just didn't like the idea of paying $150.00 for HRH.

Tell me, Mom......tell me your secrets! I'll send you a doughnut. Pretty please? With sugar?

No secret, really! I'm both a Florida resident and AAA member. Both of them have lots of savings in the "off" season. And as I mentioned, the parks were really hurting last fall!! I doubt the prices are always that low...that's why I jumped for it when I saw the ad in the local paper! The first time we went, the Portofino had just opened, and they were looking for customers! We actually paid more ($169) then than we did most recently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom