Land running out for ioa

CUMBY

Original Poster
I know that their is a construction area between the lost continent and jurasic park
a construction area behind ripsaw falls
and a small construction area behind behind dr doom

After that land is used up what will they do?

Can seuss landing be expanded?

Can universal move Turkey lane road to alow more space for Jurasic park.

NowInc

Originally posted by CUMBY
I know that their is a construction area between the lost continent and jurasic park
a construction area behind ripsaw falls
and a small construction area behind behind dr doom

After that land is used up what will they do?

Can seuss landing be expanded?

Well...looking at the history of Universal...and seeing how little USF has "expanded"...I dont think its an issue for IOA. They most likley wont ever use all the land they have now...so no need to make more empty space...

rodkenrich

Re: Re: Land running out for ioa

From what I
Originally posted by NowInc

Well...looking at the history of Universal...and seeing how little USF has "expanded"...I dont think its an issue for IOA. They most likley wont ever use all the land they have now...so no need to make more empty space...
From what I also gathered over the past nine months, Universal acquired a site form Lockheed Martin for future plans such as golf courses, recreational facilities and more resorts. What is your input on that?:confused:

NowInc

Re: Re: Re: Land running out for ioa

Originally posted by rodkenrich
From what I From what I also gathered over the past nine months, Universal acquired a site form Lockheed Martin for future plans such as golf courses, recreational facilities and more resorts. What is your input on that?:confused:

LoL..just more "copycat" actions by Universal to try and be as good as disney...

CUMBY

Original Poster
Universal is trying to copy disney and in some ways suceeds but in many ways fails.For example Universal dosn't even have a strong set of characters roaming their parks.

NowInc

Universal is trying to copy disney and in some ways suceeds but in many ways fails.For example Universal dosn't even have a strong set of characters roaming their parks.

They have extreamly dissapointing attendence rates...that is just perfect proof that when you copy someone...you fail. (Well..i wont go as far to say they FAILED..but I am sure they wish they were doing a LOT better)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member

NOPE!! It's a residential area, and there's a high school on that road.. not to mention that it's a public road.

mkt

Premium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Land running out for ioa

Originally posted by NowInc

LoL..just more "copycat" actions by Universal to try and be as good as disney...

amen

mkt

Premium Member

the only way they have succeeded is in building a technologically advanced park.. but they lag far behind in the all important areas of Guest Service, QUALITY, cleanliness, and theming. I'm sorry, but I don't ever recall a medieval village w/ a 100ft steel beam sticking out of the sky. If they were to remove the "theme" from their title, I wouldn't be mad about that then.

As for the characters, considering that Woody and Winnie Woodpecker are the ONLY true Universal Character, and the rest are licensed from various companies (Hanna-Barbera, King Features, Dreamworks, Dr. Seuss Enterprises, etc) I can now see why they have such a rag tag group of furballs. I'll admit though, Curious George is kinda cute though...

markymark

True, plus the quality of the service from the "cm's" is dreadful compared to Disney.

woofboy111

Originally posted by mktiggerman

the only way they have succeeded is in building a technologically advanced park.. but they lag far behind in the all important areas of Guest Service, QUALITY, cleanliness, and theming. I'm sorry, but I don't ever recall a medieval village w/ a 100ft steel beam sticking out of the sky. If they were to remove the "theme" from their title, I wouldn't be mad about that then.

I wouldn't say that their themeing is bad. True, it's not as good as Disneys, but have you ever seen themeing like Islands of adventure has at a park like 6 flags? (universal studios is a different story.)

Quentin Disney

As for the characters, considering that Woody and Winnie Woodpecker are the ONLY true Universal Character, and the rest are licensed from various companies (Hanna-Barbera, King Features, Dreamworks, Dr. Seuss Enterprises, etc) I can now see why they have such a rag tag group of furballs. I'll admit though, Curious George is kinda cute though...

Oh, so that's Woody's Girlfriend? What an original name!:lol:

Going back to the UO characters. Some characters are really done well. The Marvel characters and especially the Grinch have very good character interaction. However, I'm disgusted in how they treated the Rugrats. They have absolutely no personality - just a guy/girl in a suit. Bad Universal, Bad!

To sum it up, Universal has a LOOOONG way to go if they want to be in the same standards as Disney in the character dept.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Quentin Disney

Oh, so that's Woody's Girlfriend? What an original name!:lol:

Going back to the UO characters. Some characters are really done well. The Marvel characters and especially the Grinch have very good character interaction. However, I'm disgusted in how they treated the Rugrats. They have absolutely no personality - just a guy/girl in a suit. Bad Universal, Bad!

To sum it up, Universal has a LOOOONG way to go if they want to be in the same standards as Disney in the character dept.

well, also, Disney has a department devoted to character costume development.. now, let see what universal has:

http://www.shaftoninc.com/

yeah.. a lot of work on their part.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by woofboy111

I wouldn't say that their themeing is bad. True, it's not as good as Disneys, but have you ever seen themeing like Islands of adventure has at a park like 6 flags? (universal studios is a different story.)

USF is a studio, so I'll allow stuff like that. And six flags touts itself as amusement parks, so I'll forgive them too. But IOA touts itself as a Theme Park. The entire park was fabulously done... EXCEPT FOR DUELING DRAGONS (and the kiddie coaster they have). They are awesome rides, but horribly themed

EPCOTMonorail

But IOA touts itself as a Theme Park. The entire park was fabulously done... EXCEPT FOR DUELING DRAGONS (and the kiddie coaster they have). They are awesome rides, but horribly themed

Whadda ya mean "Except for Dueling Dragons"? Dragons has the best themed queue I've ever seen! Ok, so the queue is a little on the long side, but it's so much fun to walk through. And at the end of all that is a great ride.

The Unicorn Flyers is just a cheap kiddie filler. Nice little ride, but not much theming on that one.

Only 13 more days and I'll be home again and going to USF/IOA to renew my AP!

"Turn right for Ice, and left for Fire! And pray your luck does not expire..."

Luau Cove

You must be joking. For Dueling Dragons a complete Castle was constructed with an excellent theme inside including knights, stone walls, windows which are really screens and a great atmosphere before you get into the ride. Maybe it's not too organized as a Disney Mountain, but it is really well done.
I don't know what people have against Universal, to me it's a great place to have fun and ride some type of rides you won't find in Disney (Spider-man, etc) which doesn't mean I want Disney to have them, I want Universal to have them since it's the place for those type of rides. I know they try to compete with Disney and they copy a lot of things, but no one can deny it is an awesome park. I mean, if it wasn't for Disney, this would be THE park.

-->LUAU

mkt

Premium Member
correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall ever seeing a 100ft tall steel beam in the middle ages when I did the work on my history thesis

EPCOTMonorail

correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall ever seeing a 100ft tall steel beam in the middle ages when I did the work on my history thesis
:confused: :confused:

Are you referring to Dragons as the big steel beam?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom