Land Of Legends Main Entrance

FutureImagineer

Original Poster
ok heres the plan

The entrance would be a Bazaar lie main st or Harambe in AK. Guests would go through turnstiles and walk down the st, walking buy beautiful archetecture and amazing sights. Restaurants and stores would fill these buildings aas the guests make their way to there destination, a mountain...Mt. ?...whatever we name it. inside there....a portal, but not jsut a regular portal of spoke design, Im talking bout a huge information center, a travel guide through time, inside the mountain which tells about each land and if you decide which one to go to then you go....like world showcase you can pick up a passport to bring along. its like a huge time machine a scientist would tell guests as they learn about each land. Then the rest my friends is land development. I also plan to have a different source of transportation around the outer rim of the park. Possibly a monorail (time machine) where ludwig van drake, a scientist in time travel, hosts and brings you to a destination. Thats all I can think of now. Let me know what you think. Heres a pic of a Roller Coaster Tycoon version of the Main Entrance and Bazaar (just first draft, no theming at all).

mountain%20entrance.jpg

DisJosh

Nice job FI! I helped out with this idea ;) hehehe......:D

Well chad is the father of the mountain idea....FI thought up the rest and the bazar idea is perfect for the "main street" we were al sooo stumped on!

Chad

Hmm, Well, when I thought up the mainstreet, I came up with crystal valley.
Now, hear me out. I was trying to go for an entrance that had no identification with any other civilization, and Crystal valley was what I came up with. Basically, it would look almost exactly like the Bazaar, in layout anyways, but instead of the tents and buildings, on either side would be large rock faces, making it seem like you were walking at the bottom of a canyon, caves would be in this canyon, being the entrance to shops and restraunts. Now, the main feature of this canyon would be a variety of crystals, all colors, all shapes, all sizes, jutting from the rocks, from the ground, from everywhere. At night, all these crystals would light up, giving them a light night-time glow.
The mountain would be at the end of the canyon, and the face of the mountain facing the entrance would have a brilliant waterfall falling from it. The crystal decor would continue around the mountain area. Each face of the mountain would face the entrance to a different land, and on each section would be writings from that land (Cave paintings for native american, greek letters for greek/roman etc) since each civilization had stone tablets or some form of rock writings before any other type of written communication.

I like the Bazaar idea, but thats at the entrance for Islands of Adventure and Busch Gardens, so...I wanted somethign a bit more original, DisJosh, can you get some concept art up?

FutureImagineer

Original Poster
Well it was just a rough draft, and the bazaar buildings were jsut to show what the outlien would look like, they had no intention of being there like that (plain old buildings) they were jsut to show you guys stuff.I liek your idea though.

Chad

I knew thats was just an outline, and I saw where you were going, from what you typed I saw the scene from Aladin where Jasmine is out shopping in disguise, and I love that idea, but it's been used quite a bit...

disney2b

for the moutain it can be themed like the 5 lands, the themeing of the differnet 5 can be like the 5 lands and seperate by a water on each section of the mountain. then where i had my time travel ride with ludwig von drake can be inside of it. and the entrance sounds great. is it like the entrance to isands od adventure, it has that aladin look to it

DisJosh

Originally posted by Chad
Hmm, Well, when I thought up the mainstreet, I came up with crystal valley.
Now, hear me out. I was trying to go for an entrance that had no identification with any other civilization, and Crystal valley was what I came up with. Basically, it would look almost exactly like the Bazaar, in layout anyways, but instead of the tents and buildings, on either side would be large rock faces, making it seem like you were walking at the bottom of a canyon, caves would be in this canyon, being the entrance to shops and restraunts. Now, the main feature of this canyon would be a variety of crystals, all colors, all shapes, all sizes, jutting from the rocks, from the ground, from everywhere. At night, all these crystals would light up, giving them a light night-time glow.
The mountain would be at the end of the canyon, and the face of the mountain facing the entrance would have a brilliant waterfall falling from it. The crystal decor would continue around the mountain area. Each face of the mountain would face the entrance to a different land, and on each section would be writings from that land (Cave paintings for native american, greek letters for greek/roman etc) since each civilization had stone tablets or some form of rock writings before any other type of written communication.

I like the Bazaar idea, but thats at the entrance for Islands of Adventure and Busch Gardens, so...I wanted somethign a bit more original, DisJosh, can you get some concept art up?

I'll get started on some art work......I'll have stuff up by the end of the week. And sketches in between....

disney2b

ludwig von drake could be the star person of the park and could be the transportation, their could a monorail inside the park that gave ride times, general info on height limits and other thing, more or less interactive, like a touch computer screen

FutureImagineer

Original Poster
Exactly what I thought. Van Drake would have a major role, I dont see how its the same as IOA, but if Chad, we could work together and make something great.

Entrance

When you finalize the main entrance way, let me know...I want to work on an entrance wth the turnstiles, and transportation.....buses, monorail, tram and bus....i want to see if transportation should be above, ground level or below...I have attached a sketch of a design I made where transportation sinks beneath ground level...what a sight at sunset where there are no unobstructed views of the park!!!!! Tell me what you think!!!
:sohappy:

Attachments

• entrance concept.jpg
    entrance concept.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 113

Chad

No, no..It's not exactly the same, but port of entry has a Bazzar feeling to it. Of course, lets work together, That was the whole point of this, I was just trying to come up with something that accomplished these goals:
1 Was Original and Unique
2 Had no identification with any culture

Thats why my valley seemed to fit, something mystical and non-existant...I think my point would come across better with some art

disney2b

hey FutureImagineer i didnt it too be the same just like but its still a good idea, drake would be a great spokesperson for this park, did we decide on a final name of this park yet, and monorailblack i'd like to help with transportation ideas maybe something new never done before, while i plan to work heavily on the themeing, and come up the posible roller coaster thrill that we should have.

Chad

Hey Disjosh, not that I'm poking you with a hot iron (but I WILL if you don't meet your deadline!!!! >:) j/k)

I'm actually working on some of my own right now, And I'd love to hear your ideas Disney2b, I'm looking for something to spice it up a bit more....

DisJosh

Heres a sketch.......the boxxy looking area and(the blue) in reality is all chrystal rock faces.....that vein up into the mt.....I figure the looks similar to something in the dryer area of the ande mt's.

I'll get working on a finished drawing as soon as I can find some reference pics of chrystals....but for now this is all ya get!:D

Monorail black, I'm thinkin the monorail or whatever mode of transport we use for this park should have a retro almost jules verne look to it....

Attachments

• entrancell0001.jpg
    entrancell0001.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 96

FutureImagineer

Original Poster
Heres teh new pics. Notice no store buildings just rock caves, which can be larger or whatever you think. the nteh monorail system (Jules Verne theme already brought up) goes aroudn the mountain and to the other lands. also notice the beautiful waterfalls and ponds around the mountain as first talked about from Chad. Let me know your thoughts
Here the Close up of the new mountain and monorail.

mountain3.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom