Land cleared by the TTC on the site of the Mediterranean Resort plot

s8film40

Not quite, Kidani Village is in effect a stand alone Resort. It has a restaurant, pool facilities, front desk, store and separate parking. :)

Does share buses with AKL tho.

I was more so referring to the things you don't see as a guest, like support for engineering services, housekeeping, employee cafeterias, employee costuming, business offices, etc. As well as shared staffing. Yes Kidani does appear more so than others as a standalone resort, but there is no doubt it was built alongside DAKL for cost saving reasons.

s8film40

When they first cleared it my first thought was that it was being cleared as a fire road, since at the exact same time they cleared other fire roads specifically along world drive. Then I heard the rumor about sight lines, of course that didn't seem right since it didn't line up as a sight line. Now if they have indeed widened it to include what would be the correct sight line (even though you can clearly see over the trees) than that would seem to indicate that while misguided that was the intention. I haven't heard anything one way or the other officially though.

WDWExplorer

Banned
You can believe the 'sight line' story all you want... I know for a fact it isn't true... I also know that the clearing that was done does NOTHING for the sight lines for the hold points mentioned. You could always see straight across to that hold point.

To clarify, I have NO idea what is being built, but a structure is being constructed..

They will be driving new test piles using a new pile chaining technology developed by engineers at LSU. These piles are apparently much more reliable in swampy soils, etc....

Regardless, new test piles are necessary considering the age on the old ones..

enjoy the suspense!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You can believe the 'sight line' story all you want... I know for a fact it isn't true... I also know that the clearing that was done does NOTHING for the sight lines for the hold points mentioned. You could always see straight across to that hold point.

To clarify, I have NO idea what is being built, but a structure is being constructed..

They will be driving new test piles using a new pile chaining technology developed by engineers at LSU. These piles are apparently much more reliable in swampy soils, etc....

Regardless, new test piles are necessary considering the age on the old ones..

enjoy the suspense!

So, we'll be chastised for believing the "sight line" story, but you have no idea what is going on either. Ok........

s8film40

So, we'll be chastised for believing the "sight line" story, but you have no idea what is going on either. Ok........

In order for you to believe the sight line story you have to believe that Disney would undertake the project first without checking to see if it's necessary. This could be done by simply riding the monorail out to the position and looking across the lake, at which point they would have realized you can see the hold point just fine. Secondly you would have to believe that they are disorganized enough to have what is a decent sized land clearing project mistakenly performed in the wrong location. I personally neither believe it or disbelieve it, there is not a whole lot of information either way and I've seen Disney make some epic mistakes over the years and this wouldn't be too big compared to some others.

board57796

In the middle of the clearing there are stakes with pink flags on them. Written on the pink flags is the words "Sight Line" if you don't believe me, go to TTC and you'll see them around many of the tall trees there.

And it does make it easier to see a train at 66. I would know.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
In order for you to believe the sight line story you have to believe that Disney would undertake the project first without checking to see if it's necessary. This could be done by simply riding the monorail out to the position and looking across the lake, at which point they would have realized you can see the hold point just fine. Secondly you would have to believe that they are disorganized enough to have what is a decent sized land clearing project mistakenly performed in the wrong location. I personally neither believe it or disbelieve it, there is not a whole lot of information either way and I've seen Disney make some epic mistakes over the years and this wouldn't be too big compared to some others.

You neither believe or disbelieve it, but we're not to believe it?

And the information we get from Steve is usually very good. If he states the work is for sight issues, I'm going to believe it more than not...

s8film40

You neither believe or disbelieve it, but we're not to believe it?

And the information we get from Steve is usually very good. If he states the work is for sight issues, I'm going to believe it more than not...

No I think you missed my point. I was simply stating that if the clearing was indeed for "sight lines" then it represents a poor decision and a clumsy mistake on the part of Disney. The sight line is unnecessary and even if it was it was cut in the wrong spot. This doesn't mean that thats not what it is intended for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom