Lagoon Replacement!!!

ToTBellHop

Meanwhile, the entire Warner Bros. Movie World in Madrid was built by Six Flags, thus the clone of the chronically-unreliable Deja Vu. Prior dealings with Bill have led to a lack of patience, only heightened by some prior actions of the user on these forums eventually resulting in banning.

awallaceunc

Originally posted by Bill
And yes, they are playing Harry Potter Music in the Studios now.
They've actually been playing them for at least a year. This week is the 1 year anniversary of my most recent WDW trip, and they were playing it then, along with other movie themes. We were very excited!

-Aaron

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by awallaceunc
They've actually been playing them for at least a year. This week is the 1 year anniversary of my most recent WDW trip, and they were playing it then, along with other movie themes. We were very excited!

-Aaron

They play movie music at the Studios. They also play Back to the Future, so don't look too deeply into this. We aren't getting Back to the Future: The Ride, either...

SpectroMan

Warner Bros. only has movie rights to the first 4 books. Rowling could end up signing the other books to another studio.

Harry's Wondrous World playing in the Studios...

John Williams and Disney: There could be nothing better.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
They play movie music at the Studios. They also play Back to the Future, so don't look too deeply into this. We aren't getting Back to the Future: The Ride, either...

I've only heard that played twice......and I may be wrong, but they could have played it because Alan Silvestri has been the composer for ten Buena Vista films.

As for Potter music playing.....here's what I think:

1. It could just be because of the rights....I mean, Bob Gault himself said "Disney has Potter wrapped up" when asked about Universal pursuing the rights...you really can't get closer to the truth than that, with the head of a theme park company saying such a thing.....I still believe a Potter attraction will exist in some form, whether it be at WDW or Universal. (yes, I am one of the few who believe Bill......) I just don't think it'll happen at Six Flags, or WB Movie World. (even though Movie World Australia had that small walk-through attraction)

2. It could be because of the rights ABC has for the first movie.

3. They just feel like playing music from any movie they want to. :lol:

careship

Back to the lagoon replacement....Monster's Inc themed area with the roller coaster ride on the doors. I guess that is more Studios then MK but hey I am gonna replace that lagoon with what I want eventually. Maybe Grizz will even make me a new park.

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
Meanwhile, the entire Warner Bros. Movie World in Madrid was built by Six Flags, thus the clone of the chronically-unreliable Deja Vu. Prior dealings with Bill have led to a lack of patience, only heightened by some prior actions of the user on these forums eventually resulting in banning.

Read my sig.:lol:

awallaceunc

ISTCNavigator57 said:

...And that's why I said, verbatim: "along with other movie themes." We were excited because we heard Harry Potter, not because we were reading an attraction out of it.

As for why they can play it... I don't think you need any grand rights to play it. Maybe a license or something, but I doubt you have to own it to play it. Department stores and radio stations play songs all the time, why would WDW be any different?

-Aaron

Tim G

Bill said:
You need to check up on your facts. ;)
Ever thought about the fact that YOU could be wrong... guess not...
You're getting pretty annoying, e v e r y t h i n g people say or tell.. Bill knows better... :( :( :(
Stop this childish behaviour...

Bill

Account Suspended
Yeah, you know what, I probably am wrong. But everyone thought Walt was wrong about his theme park idea. Of couse, the Potter Rumor has too much going for it...
Now, normally, I'd agree with you, cause you usually seem to know what you're talking about. But when one hears something with one's own ears, it's kinda hard to just say you didn't hear it... because I did hear it. So go figure.

ToTBellHop

Bill said:
Yeah, you know what, I probably am wrong. But everyone thought Walt was wrong about his theme park idea. Of couse, the Potter Rumor has too much going for it...
Now, normally, I'd agree with you, cause you usually seem to know what you're talking about. But when one hears something with one's own ears, it's kinda hard to just say you didn't hear it... because I did hear it. So go figure.

Yeah, and maybe this is one of those 99 out of a 100 ideas that WDI comes up with that DOESN'T happen? And excuse me, but likening you to Walt Disney is both sickening and facetious. You are no Walt.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Bill said:
I'll just say that there are already plans in motion. And yes, they are playing Harry Potter Music in the Studios now.

This means absolutely nothing. They play the Back to the Future theme music in the Disney-MGM Studios, and have done for years. That doesnt mean that Back to the Future THE RIDE is about to jump ship from Universal Studios Florida to Disney-MGM Studios.

Bill

Account Suspended
True, they also play Bond music there. But WDI is notorious for leaving little hints at what's to come. How many of you remember the placement of the giant Stitch above Alien Encounter before it closed? And it just seems interesting that they used Harry Potter Music in the Studios... true, it doesn't mean anything. But it's just one of those things that you'll have to wait and see what happens I guess.

careship

We dare to dream about what we would like to see there. Maybe it is a futile effort. Maybe our requests and ideas fall on deaf ears but.....

One Man's Dream is what gave us WDW to begin with, so let's not knock any one man's (woman's) dreams for the future of Disney.

raven

xfkirsten said:
...If you guys get Snow White - cool! It's a good show. It's not on par with Aladdin, but they also don't have the facility that Aladdin has to work with....

-Kirsten

You and your HNA, Kirsten! :kiss:

As posted in another thread, I would hope that paving over this area would at least open up the traffic flow a little better through Fantasyland. Even if something were to be put in it's place, I hope they don't narrow the path any more.

OK, so Snow White, huh? Well then they better have a show planned right now for after it closes. :lol: Seems to be the Disney-way. 5 years then change, 5 years then change.

stitchlvr

We just returned from MK, and since I had not been there in 4 years, I don't know if it was new, but there was a sign behind the walls that said "Character Festival" or something like that. Was that there before the lagoon was drained or is that new?

DisneyFan 2000

Not sure if I've already posted so I'll just help myself! :D

PLEASE, not another show! I don't care how good it is (with the exception of Fantasmic!). I want a big, fat, juicy, in-your-face, dark ride, family friendly E-ticket (with 3D props, AAs and everything :p ).

So.....................

EISNER, stop being cheap and build what Grizz says! (Or the Little Mermaid dark ride)

Either way, I won't stand another show at WDW.

BTW can everyone quit it already with the Harry Potter crap? Bill believes it's true (and it very well may be) but until we hear something from credible sources (no offence Bill) lets just drop the case... O.K.? :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom