Lack of background music?

Walt_Disney

Original Poster
So I was at Disney World the past couple days noticed the lack of music playing in the background as you walked around. Most noteworthy were; the entrance to animal kingdom before the turnstiles, same at magic kingdom. No music in fantasy land and several other areas around the magic kingdom lacked music.

Cmdr_Crimson

Random speculation: could it have something to do with the end of the holiday season and the switch back to "normal" mode at the park? Maybe someone turned off the holiday loops and forgot to turn on the usual ones.

-Rob
This....I went during the transition in Epcot in 2014....The first 3 days it was the standard Innoventions loop and at park closing the plaza went silent and just as the park closed they switched it to the Holiday loops....Saddest day to hear that switch...

Goofnut1980

I think they need more park music around the joint. We were walking around the Poly on our last stay in December and barely any of the speakers were audible. That also goes for the speakers near the DVC building at the GF.

TrojanUSC

I think they need more park music around the joint. We were walking around the Poly on our last stay in December and barely any of the speakers were audible. That also goes for the speakers near the DVC building at the GF.

If you mean in the GCH or at the pool then sure, but the resorts are tricky as those guest rooms don't have great sound insulation so audible music on the pathways can penetrate pretty easy.

SeaCastle

It wasn't playing in either hotel last May either. Boardwalk's BGM used to play outside on the Boardwalk itself but has been limited to the inside of the hotel for some years. I believe Yacht and Beach Club's has been turned down well. Soarin's line music was turned way down on our last visit. That's a great loop-- you get to hear the soundtracks from great American film epics like Air Force One, Far and Away, Apollo 13, Consenting Adults, and Indecent Proposal (not kidding about the last two).

Interestingly the real estate of the Frontierland loop that you hear walking around the River expanded to Big Thunder a number of years ago. Since then it has expanded deeper into the entrance of Splash Mountain's queue as of last January.

Lost but not forgotten is the empty Skyway building in Fantasyland that woud blare out yodeling for hours on end before it got razed.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I was pleasantly surprised to have Christmas music playing on the pathway in between seven seas lagoon and the VGF. It was so nice sitting on my balcony.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So I was at Disney World the past couple days noticed the lack of music playing in the background as you walked around. Most noteworthy were; the entrance to animal kingdom before the turnstiles, same at magic kingdom. No music in fantasy land and several other areas around the magic kingdom lacked music.

Sadness. My son would have also noticed immediately as he is a big fan of the park/land music in each park. Hope Disney addresses quickly.

Tom Morrow

There is supposed to be music playing at DAK before the turnstyles.

I have a keen eye and ear for show quality and one thing WDW is very bad at as a whole is audio levels. Tons of audio at WDW is just way too quiet to be effective, and BGM is a big part of this. There are times when I don't mind this. For instance, I think Universal's BGM is usually too loud to the point where it becomes overkill and creates a feeling of stress. BGM in park areas should be present but not overbearing.

Thelazer

Most hotel GM's, don't seem to care about the details anymore.
Used to be on the daily property walk things like BGM would be noticed and maintenance dispatched.

These days, good luck finding anyone who even knows were the amp room is.

Goofnut1980

If you mean in the GCH or at the pool then sure, but the resorts are tricky as those guest rooms don't have great sound insulation so audible music on the pathways can penetrate pretty easy.
One sound I love to hear at the Poly is the sound of the ferry horns till 2am... It is just a cozy sound.

Goofnut1980

It wasn't playing in either hotel last May either. Boardwalk's BGM used to play outside on the Boardwalk itself but has been limited to the inside of the hotel for some years. I believe Yacht and Beach Club's has been turned down well. Soarin's line music was turned way down on our last visit. That's a great loop-- you get to hear the soundtracks from great American film epics like Air Force One, Far and Away, Apollo 13, Consenting Adults, and Indecent Proposal (not kidding about the last two).

Interestingly the real estate of the Frontierland loop that you hear walking around the River expanded to Big Thunder a number of years ago. Since then it has expanded deeper into the entrance of Splash Mountain's queue as of last January.

Lost but not forgotten is the empty Skyway building in Fantasyland that woud blare out yodeling for hours on end before it got razed.
I loved the yodeling! I also have sooooooo many of the loops on a flashdrive in my car. It is about the only music I listen to in traffic. Very calming. I have some of the holiday loops as well. Good Stuff!

Victor Kelly

I loved the yodeling! I also have sooooooo many of the loops on a flashdrive in my car. It is about the only music I listen to in traffic. Very calming. I have some of the holiday loops as well. Good Stuff!
I have a lot of that music as well. When I used to work in an office I had my MP3 player going. Takes a lot of the stress away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom