Labor cost cutting measures begin at Walt Disney World as the company enters Q1

ToTBellHop

Housekeeping is not being cut.
Nothing to cut!
1633360071344.gif

Market to their own employees in over-staffed areas! Anyone can drop off towels and empty trash cans…

Jeff4272

DVC rooms get serviced every 4th and 8th day of family stay unless member declines cleaning services
Yeah serviced isnt Mousekeeping.......Trash and towel service? Please..................I just wanted to floors swept, bathrooms cleaned, sheets changed.................was willing to pay for it and still couldnt get it

Ayla

You got towels?! That’s Mickey Glove Service in 2021!

I had to steal towels from the cart like a criminal. Stole coffee pods, too. How dare I expect enough coffee for every day?! This is the BoardWalk, not a Hilton (Garden Inn…)! I need to adjust my expectations.
We got replacement towels and nothing else at the Yacht Club. No replacement toiletries (YC still uses small individual bottles), no garbage removal and no beds made. I told my traveling partner that if I had known all they were going to do was pick up towels and replace them, I wouldn't have bothered with a tip. I was expecting them to actually do something.

Ayla

I don't think having international travel open up will have a huge impact. It's been open for Canadians to fly the whole time and it hasn't changed anything. The whole testing thing is making people have 2nd thoughts.
I understand. The testing requirement to get back into the US is why I haven't visited Mexico since testing became a requirement.

CaptainAmerica

was willing to pay for it and still couldnt get it
...which tells you that this is an honest-to-goodness labor shortage in housekeeping and not a grand conspiracy to cut costs. If Disney were short-staffing housekeeping on purpose, they wouldn't have taken away DVC members' ability to PAY for it.

Ayla

Yeah serviced isnt Mousekeeping.......Trash and towel service? Please..................I just wanted to floors swept, bathrooms cleaned, sheets changed.................was willing to pay for it and still couldnt get it
I didn't even want the sheets changed, I just wanted the beds made!

Jeff4272

...which tells you that this is an honest-to-goodness labor shortage in housekeeping and not a grand conspiracy to cut costs. If Disney were short-staffing housekeeping on purpose, they wouldn't have taken away DVC members' ability to PAY for it.
agree 100%........Wage inflation is coming, prices going up........it has too, there's nobody to work

Trauma

You got towels?! That’s Mickey Glove Service in 2021!

I had to steal towels from the cart like a criminal. Stole coffee pods, too. How dare I expect enough coffee for every day?! This is the BoardWalk, not a Hilton (Garden Inn…)! I need to adjust my expectations.
I just left the boardwalk, was in a 3 bedroom grand villa. When I arrived the shower head in the master bathroom was just hanging off the wall, and the fridge was warm and didn’t work.

Since this was DVC I don’t expect much mousekeeping but at least check the freakin rooms before people check in.

Lilofan

It’s a bit more challenging than that unfortunately, but rumour is next week or two there will be a ton of internal job postings, so that could be one of the reasons why
One would hope that someone transferring to unfilled jobs are vaccinated and not going the exemption route.

castlecake2.0

I didn't even want the sheets changed, I just wanted the beds made!
It says when you book that’s not available right now, hopefully again soon. My friend just stayed at pop and had hers made everyday, looks like they’re trying to get back to normal
One would hope that someone transferring to unfilled jobs are vaccinated and not going the exemption route.
The company is being very strict with this. Lots of leaders left this week as they refused to get the shot and resigned as it was their deadline this week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom