LA Times article on Pirates Rehab

Buried20KLeague

Well if nothing else, this gives us confirmation that they're upgrading the fire effects in the burning town!! Great to hear! Technology has come a long way from wavy sheets and lights... Good to see they're going to implement some of it! :sohappy:

kengels

After reading the article, I can tell you why people aren't walking in the HM looking for Eddie Murphy, is because that movie sucked in comparison to PoTC (and pretty much everything else). IMO I am all for change, shows growth.

Frosty689

Buried20KLeague said:
Well if nothing else, this gives us confirmation that they're upgrading the fire effects in the burning town!! Great to hear! Technology has come a long way from wavy sheets and lights... Good to see they're going to implement some of it! :sohappy:

Such a high-tech process, those crazy wavy sheets.. lol, but seriously this ride is a great ride. However, it does need some severe updating, and I don't understand why this article kind of complains about it.

meryll83

I didnt't realise they were chanigng the story line to incorporate them.
When I was at DLP a couple of years ago there were a couple of animatronics looking suspiciously like Captain Jack and Will Turner if my memory serves me correctly....

1disneydood

Fans of the movie will see familiar elements, including animatronic characters depicting Jack Sparrow and Capt. Barbossa. In the ride's cannon scene, in which a pirate ship appears to shoot cannonballs over the riders' heads, music from the movie will be playing. Special effects also have been upgraded to make the cannon blasts more realistic.
Wasn't there a rumor or post a few weeks back that stated the cannons will be powerful enough to knock off your hats and glasses? Is that still the gameplan or was that just a rumor? Or is that another feature reserved just for Cali?

nyfrenchy

I"m glad they will finally upgrade the canon blast effect.

I always found the "pssssscchhhhht" sound of the canons so unrealistic that I thought something was broken in that scene.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom