La Nouba

donvincenzo

Have a trip planned in the fall and am considering going to see La Nouba. I've heard it is amazing and wanted to hear people's thoughts. I don't mind spending the money if it is worth it. Is it worth it? Does it matter where you sit? Again, if certain sections offer a far better experience, I don't mind spending the few extra bucks to get the maximum enjoyment. I've thought about going to see this for years and might finally go this year. Hoping for some opinions to help me decide......

BTW, I'm sure La Nouba has been discussed hundreds of times on the boards, but searching was driving me nuts because it kept saying I was under the minimum word length. So I'm apologizing ahead of time......:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun

wendysmom

It is certainly worth it. We're Cirque fans, have been to 4 others around the country, and this one has always been our favorite! We've sat in two different places there, middle section is the one we prefer. It's pricey, but so incredible! (Last time we took DD and D-son-in-law and the pre-show clowns involved us in a routine! Our son-in-law thought we planned it!)

Upvote 0

donvincenzo

Original Poster
My father would kill me if he got involved in any routine so even with the great view, maybe I'll avoid that section. Thanks for the opinion though! I'm leaning towards going but I thought it would help to hear as many people's opinions as possible.

Upvote 0

wendysmom

Don't let that scare you away from the middle! The clowns stacked boxes in my lap and wandered off...like they forgot about them! It was silly and over quickly.:wave:

Upvote 0

Philo

I saw it and loved it - a fantastic couple of hours.

We only decided to visit once we had got to the world. We just strolled up to the ticket booth and asked what they had available. The seats we got would be known as the 'cheap seats' (far left at the back) but I though the view was fantastic anyway - there probably isn't a bad seat in the house.

Anyway, I strongly recommend you visit, don't worry too much about the seats and please book in advance - we we're very lucky as it was a quiet period but I imagine it can get booked up for weeks solid.

Upvote 0

donvincenzo

Original Poster
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll be sure to get tickets ahead of time. Seems like there aren't really bad views in the theater, which I thought I had heard previously. Looking forward to going.......

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

We've been thinking about buying tickets to LaNouba, too. Since this is a trip without the kids we thought it would be a good time to see what it's like without commiting to 4 tickets. Our only hesitiation is we aren't sure we want to sacrifice an evening in the parks to go. LOL! Pitiful, huh?

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

La Nouba was fantastic, my 14 yr old nephew loved it, thought it was better than Blue Man Group. I think that the seats that are a bit higher up are better because there is quite a bit of action going on from mid-air not just on the stage itself.

Upvote 0

hcphish

Spend the money and get the best seats you can. We saw the show a couple of years ago and absolutley loved it. I don't think there is a bad seat in there but being close to the center was a great experience.

Upvote 0

colleen2997

No not pitiful. LOL, I feel the same way, don't want to sacrifice time in the parks to see La Nouba! Though my husband really wants to go. I am not so interested.

Upvote 0

hcphish

No not pitiful. LOL, I feel the same way, don't want to sacrifice time in the parks to see La Nouba! Though my husband really wants to go. I am not so interested.

We always do a day Downtown anyway so that is when we planned for it. But plan it for a night with EMH and go back to the parks after the show.

Upvote 0

donvincenzo

Original Poster
This trip will be a little longer than normal for us (10 days). So we'll have a couple days without going to the parks, so we'll go to La Nouba on one of those days. We won't have to miss a night in the parks. Getting more and more excited for it......

Upvote 0

MandyJ72

We saw La Nouba last year and only booked tickets when we got there (a treat from my mum & dad who came out shortly after us) and we were in the middle section, directly facing the stage but in the veryback row and you know, it was perfect.

The theatre isn't that vast that you feel you are miles away and it was certainly cheaper than the lower down seats but I didn't feel we missed anything at all and thought the seats were perfect.

M
x

Upvote 0

coasterphil

Yes it's worth going to, no it isn't neccesary to pay for the front and center seats. I was very pleased with my Category 2 seating, dead center and halfway up the second level of seating.

Upvote 0

gbruenin

Yes it's worth going to, no it isn't neccesary to pay for the front and center seats. I was very pleased with my Category 2 seating, dead center and halfway up the second level of seating.

Fully agree. The wife and I saw Mystere in Vegas, and thought the kids would like a Cirque show as well. They were 8 and 10 and the time, sat just about the same place you described (just a bit close to the bottom of the section). The kids were totally amazed, looked like :eek:. Totally worth every bit of the ticket. We've seen several other touring Cirque shows since, and they're all incredible. Go for it.

Gary

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom