Kudos to HESS EXPRESS

Pixie Duster

monothingie said:
Not to get off topic too much. But everytime I go to WDW I choose to drive, and I usually go to various places in the Orlando area.

I know up here in the North East (NJ) we have Costco, BJ's Wholsale, and Sams Club Gas Stations which are much cheaper than regular stations ($1.69 for Unleaded as compared to $1.89 NJ prices accurate as of today. Self serve is illegal in NJ BTW). Does anyone know if they have these wholesale club gas stations anywhere in central FL?

Yup, but I know about the East side of town, like Winter Park, Casselberry, but not much about the area closer to WDW, I just moved to this area closer to WDW and I do not use wholesale places. Sorry.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
monothingie said:
Not to get off topic too much. But everytime I go to WDW I choose to drive, and I usually go to various places in the Orlando area.

I know up here in the North East (NJ) we have Costco, BJ's Wholsale, and Sams Club Gas Stations which are much cheaper than regular stations ($1.69 for Unleaded as compared to $1.89 NJ prices accurate as of today. Self serve is illegal in NJ BTW). Does anyone know if they have these wholesale club gas stations anywhere in central FL?
Gas prices can vary quite drastically from state to state due to different taxes placed on gas. I believe the tax rate is something it the neighborhood of 10 to 20 cents per gallon more in Florida than Georgia.

tinkerbella

Hey tn1999, I don't know exactly which Shell you are talking about but if it's the one across from the Ale House/Palm Pkwy then you should definately switch to Hess at DTD. I only say this because I live off 535 behind the MK and I only get gas at that Shell if I am TRULY DESPERATE. Like, not going to make it any further down the road desperate. I have seen them go as high as $.20 over the Hess station. Same with the 7-11 across the street. These are some of the worst prices I have seen next to the stations by the airport.

I hate that the gas people think that just because they are located in a tourist area they can jack up the prices so high. It makes it harder for those of us that live nearby to find decent priced anything. At least the ones ON property are a bit cheaper.

Sorry for rambling on but the Shell and 7-11 off 535 here is way over priced so NO ONE GET GAS THERE!!! Lol.:lol:

Ringo8n24

If you are traveling on I-10 coming through Panama City to Tallahassee traveling to WDW, watch out. Those gas stations through there are completely outrageous. It never fails, I always have to stop at the same one (I believe it is in Marianne) and it was very expensive before these price hikes. Fill up again around Pensacola if feasible and pass through that area towards Tallahassee on to Lake City...I always forget and the darn fuel light is on and I have to stop in the same area everytime and regret it.

I love the Hess station on WDW property. They had really good prices on 12 packs of Coke products. I believe they were 2.75 a piece.

Atta83

tinkerbella said:
Hey tn1999, I don't know exactly which Shell you are talking about but if it's the one across from the Ale House/Palm Pkwy then you should definately switch to Hess at DTD. I only say this because I live off 535 behind the MK and I only get gas at that Shell if I am TRULY DESPERATE. Like, not going to make it any further down the road desperate. I have seen them go as high as $.20 over the Hess station. Same with the 7-11 across the street. These are some of the worst prices I have seen next to the stations by the airport.

I hate that the gas people think that just because they are located in a tourist area they can jack up the prices so high. It makes it harder for those of us that live nearby to find decent priced anything. At least the ones ON property are a bit cheaper.

Sorry for rambling on but the Shell and 7-11 off 535 here is way over priced so NO ONE GET GAS THERE!!! Lol.:lol:

I know what stations you are talking about, those two are always high. I avoid them at all cost.

Now for the whole sale places that sell gas i dont get it there, I filled on time at the Wal-Mart gas station and my car didnt like that one bit. So back I went to Kroger with my Krogers card and I get 3 cents off a gallon.

Why do gas prices seem to go up right when I need to fill, I mean last time I filled up was like in Feb, but I dont drive that much right now. I can only start imagining what its gonna be like this May driving to FL hopefully not to bad.

Figment1986

wait.. GA has tax on gas now.... wow...

I like hess.. reasonable proce... thought i usually use marathon or radiant... sometimes racetrack.. depending on who had the shipment and who is lower.... ($2 for gas... $35 to fill up.... this is getting bad... time to try to get a hybrid car...)

sring

Not sure about hydrogen...it didn;t work out too well for the Hindenberg. Now if they wanted to make Hybrids available for test drives in Innoventions...............

If you want to see some outrageous prices on gas check out the prices at the Chevron that is right next to Hotel Plaza Blvd. The prices are 30 to 40 cents per gallon higher than the Hess across from DTD. Hopefully the US will follow Germany’s lead and switch to Hydrogen. No pollution safer and cheaper then gas.

EpcotServo

Three reasons why the two Hess stations rock:

1-reasonable gas prices.

2-cheap fountain drinks.

3-Peanut Butter M&Ms!

:lol::D

miles1

Talk about Thread from the Dead!

When I read the first post and saw gas at $2.07, I almost drove down for a fill up. (From Connecticut!).

Still it's amazing that in three short years we've seen gas rise by about 35%. Can you think of any other commodity that has done that? And how quickly we've become conditioned to it- now $3.00/gal is considered a bargain.

Phonedave

Talk about Thread from the Dead!

When I read the first post and saw gas at $2.07, I almost drove down for a fill up. (From Connecticut!).

Still it's amazing that in three short years we've seen gas rise by about 35%. Can you think of any other commodity that has done that? And how quickly we've become conditioned to it- now $3.00/gal is considered a bargain.

I can think of at least one.

Adult 1 day WDW ticket at the beginning of 1990 - $29.00

Adult 1 day WDW ticket and the end of 1993 - $35.00

OK, so its only 18% - what do I know :)

-dave

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not sure about hydrogen...it didn;t work out too well for the Hindenberg. Now if they wanted to make Hybrids available for test drives in Innoventions...............
Actually truth be told gasoline is far more volatile and explosive than hydrogen.

Because hydrogen lighter than air, when a spill occurs the hydrogen will disperse rapidly into the air.

Gas, on the other hand, evaporates very slowly and the vapors from gas are heavier than air so the gas vapors tend to accumulate around ground level. That is why when you see some idiot on youTube using gas to light a fire you will see that ground level burst of flame.

A few years ago I saw a video of the Billings Energy Research Corp. firing armor piercing incendiary rounds into two both a tank of hydrogen and gasoline. When struck, the hydrogen tank slowly burned through a puncture in its side. The tank filled with gas erupted into a huge fireball.

WDW Monorail

Hydrogen did not cause the explosion in the Hindenberg.
:)

Anyway, in 1958, the average income of a male was $3,700. In 2005, the national average income was a little more than $44,000. So, in the span of almost 50 years the average income increased by much more than 10 times the amount in 1958.

In 1958, lets say the average price per gallon of gasoline was $.35. So, in the span of about 50 years, the price per gallon should have increased more than 10x. But it hasn't. And it shouldn't. Yet, we still complain that gas prices are much higher than they were 10-20 years ago.

(Or am I just using logic made up by Daniel?) :lookaroun

PeoplemoverTTA

Yet, we still complain that gas prices are much higher than they were 10-20 years ago.

FWIW, when I got my first car in 2000, I paid $.98 per gallon for gas. When I got my first new car, in 2002, I remember paying something like $1.10 the first time I filled it up.

Here in New York State, the tax on gas is progressive, meaning the higher the cost of gas, the higher the tax (making our gas ridiculously expensive). When I was in Orlando last month, gas was, on average, $.25 less per gallon (even at the Hess on property).

Anyway, at least in my own personal experience, the price of gas has gone from (in 2002) $1.10 to the current price down the street, which is $3.19.

Oh, and since 2002, my salary has unfortunately not kept pace with the price increase for gas :rolleyes: (I wish I could say my salary increased 300% in 6 years!).

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Hybrids are truly overrated, especially if most of your driving is on the highway. I'm personally a diesel lover.

Texas84

I'd love to see some proof that Germany has 'switched' to hydrogen. It's too expensive to transport (at least in the US). My alma mater, The University of Texas, is working on self-generating hydrogen stations to get over that hurdle. We're not there yet. Some day...

And, um, not necessarily responding to a particular comment, but being wrong is not an opinion or a point of view. Just wanted to make that point.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
From what I've gathered, they haven't switched... they have a (minor) infrastructure partially in place, and that's about it

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
From what I've gathered, they haven't switched... they have a (minor) infrastructure partially in place, and that's about it
Correct. There ambitions back 2005 were quite ambitious but the results have fallen considerably short. Here is hoping that this break through will help pave the way for hydrogen as a fuel source in the US.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom