Kona Cafe

Ciciwoowoo

We used to love it and go there for breakfast every trip until last year; we had the misfortune of meeting the most unfriendly CM that ever worked at WDW.

When we got home, I emailed, wrote letters, got phone calls from Disney regarding this, etc. In the end, they said basically thank you for your concern, blah blah. I don't honestly know if that person works there anymore. (wish I could still remember her name, I'd have everyone here check it out!)

That experience ruined the magic of Kona for us, though. We made all our dining reservations for this trip, and it will be our first Tonga-less vacation.

I hope you have a good experience, though. Can't let one rotten apple spoil it.

shoppingnut

Ciciwoowoo said:
That experience ruined the magic of Kona for us, though. We made all our dining reservations for this trip, and it will be our first Tonga-less vacation.

I'm not sure if you are aware but Boatwright's at POR has banana stuffed french toast too (samething as Tonga). I make sure I go there every trip at least once for it. It's the same thing as Tongo Toast.

I also think Kona Kafe is a hidden treasure and that most folks don't think about having dinner there. We were there this past December and it was great.

RU42

I guess I will add my drool, er comment, to this thread. Tonga Toast!

Also, I had dinner there and the steak was good but they had an incredible spinish; I think it was deep fried or something - all I remember was that both my wife and I loved it!

RU

scorp111

Great to hear all the positive reviews. We will be eating there in September.......

I wanted to eat at the Poly, but didn't want to do Ohana's again.

sittle

....steak...

Hey, Kona RAWKS!!! Get yourself a nice tall LapuLapu, and a medium rare Teriyaki Marinated Steak for dinner, and if you save a bit of room for one of their killer desserts, your gonna feel plenty magical my friend.

We went their two years ago, and they had (in our opinion) the second best desserts on the resort. #1 for us was the Candy Cauldron Candy Apples.

Their steak at Kona Kafe was very good for supper.

Eat your heartout!

sring

I love all the comments about the Tonga, but the fish chowser at the Kona is possibly the best soup I ever had.

I'm in Orlando for a conferenceand trying to convince friends to go there tonight for dinner, just to get the soup.

SnowWhite5669

We love Kona Cafe for dinner but not lunch. We were disappointed with the lunch menu but absolutely love it for dinner. Sometimes we'll eat there 2 or 3 times in a trip! Love the Fish Chowder!:slurp:

captainhook1974

My wife and I used to LOVE the Kona..but it's just really good now...they used to have the best seasoned fries with sandwiches for lunch..etc...but now have the regular Disney fries last time we were there..Pulled pork sandwich is excellent...and if you like coffee..probably the best cup on-site..

sring

stingrock23 said:
Does anyone know what time it opens in the morning? I can't find it on either allears or the disney website.

I'm sure it may vary with season and/or anticipated crowd levels. I do know that PS Reservations are recommended, you can always call 407-WDW-DINE and find out from them.

Now if they ever make PS reservations on the web available....

MouseMadness

LOOOOOOOOOOVE it!! :sohappy: We stay at the Poly each trip, so many lunches are eaten at Kona Cafe, and usually breakfast on our last day. :)cry: )

Scooter

stingrock23 said:
Does anyone know what time it opens in the morning? I can't find it on either allears or the disney website.

I was just there 2 days ago and I asked...Kona Cafe opens at 7:30AM

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom