Kona Cafe Opinions?

aladdin2007

Hi everyone,
We had tried to make a dinner reserve for OHANA, but since it was booked we went ahead with the Kona Cafe. Is this a good choice for a birthday dinner? Or do you have a better suggestion maybe? Were just coming over for the afternoon and evening next weekend, and we cant get into our favorite dining spots in the parks becuase our season passes are on block. So was wondering which resort resturant would be best. Artist Point was our second choice maybe but we went with Kona.

allstar01

Ohana

Depending on how many in your party, Try going to Ohana about an half hour before they open. I've done this before without a reservation, and I have been able to get in.

Upvote 0
We were in Disney last October and also got seating at Ohana for that night right when they opened. We just kept checking with the reservation desk at the resort and a cancellation just called in. It's a fun place to eat.

Upvote 0

tdonald

I really like Kona Cafe for breakfast, but have never cared for lunch or dinner. IMO, go to Artist Point if you can. It's my favorite restaurant on property, and maybe the world. I highly recommend the Buffalo Sirlion Steak (melt in your mouth), the Cedar Salmon (melts in your mouth also), and the Berry Cobbler. It's more expensive than Ohana and Kona, but it's still VERY much worth the expense, in my opinion.

Upvote 0

olinecoach61

We absolutely love Kona. We went last year because we couldn't get into Ohana and had to "settle" for Kona. It was awesome. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. If you eat there you must try the cheese cake! UMMMMMMMM!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Breakfast and lunch are fine (haven't had dinner there), but IMHO it just doesn't say celebration to me.
You can try Ohana again from home and also right on up to the time you want to eat, there may be cancellations. There are many other nice places to have a birthday celebration, why not give the the menus a look see and see if there isn't something you like better?
Artist Point is wonderful .

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Love the place, love he food, but not party enough for a party and not special enough for a birthday dinner.

If money isnt a factor Id say California Grill, the times weve been Artist Point is a bit too quiet for a party atmosphere.

Upvote 0

DME

Was just at WDW during Memorial Day weekend. We had my 4yo son's birthday lunch at this restaurant. One of our fav's. Of course there are no characters there but we still have fun. For dessert they had a plate made up with chocolate etched onto the plate that said happy birthday and also had an image of Lilo and Stitch. He was happy and so were we.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom