Kodak sponsorship with Disney Parks to end this year

EOD K9

I make every attempt to buy things from sponsors of Disney and companies that sponsor pro cycling teams. I will by from Garmin because they sponsor Team Garmin-Sharp. I buy TREK because they sponsor Team RadioShack-Nissan-TREK. The same holds true in Disney. I will attempt to buy Nestle products and the like if I can. How they know I bought their products because of their sponsorship is way above my paygrade though.

JWG

Often sponsorship comes with other "perks and priviledges" that aren't simply related to having their name in lights. IE, I dare you to find a non-Sylvania light bulb on property. Last week I paid attention to every light I could see and they were ALL Sylvania. While I know Siemens has been a major sponsor for over 5 years now, I don't think EVERY light bulb has burnt out since then.

Kodak was the only film/memory card/etc. available on property.

GE gets a showroom that 17 milion people walk through every year. And, frankly, that is impactful. I'm a big fan of the F150, but looking at the Silverado after Test Track was intriguing.

Alamo sponsors the Peoplemover and National/Alamo is the only rental agency on property.

Membership has its priviledges.

mickey2008.1

Being a sponsor comes with a built in guaranteed audience, where else can you buy that? And it's at the most visited theme park world wide with a world wide audience. Maybe better than tv commercials, as I fast forward those.

mickeysbrother

I remember when my x gf about 5 years back got a Kodak camera from a friend. I actually laughed and said nice camera. What a piece of Pie that thing was. Was not comparable to any other camera that was on the market. Its a shame because they totally missed the boat on digital. The leaders are now the losers of cameras

StageFrenzy

I make every attempt to buy things from sponsors of Disney and companies that sponsor pro cycling teams. I will by from Garmin because they sponsor Team Garmin-Sharp. I buy TREK because they sponsor Team RadioShack-Nissan-TREK. The same holds true in Disney. I will attempt to buy Nestle products and the like if I can. How they know I bought their products because of their sponsorship is way above my paygrade though.

What about BMC, Cannondale or any other bicycle manufacturer that sponsors UCI pro teams. Why would you consciously decide to buy nestle products just because they sponsor a pavilion or period, especially nestle.

ewensell3

ETA: I wonder if someone like Canon or Nikon might be interested in being the official camera of WDW. They might not sell cameras in the parks but they might pay for that kind of advertisement and brand awareness.

Does PhotoPass still use Nikon cameras? If so, Nikon might already have an "in".

Canon might be better in that they have both cameras and printers... Imagine ride photos taken by Canon imaging equipment and printed with Canon printers on Canon photo paper.

Nikon would need a printer partner to do something similar. Oh, look, there's this company called HP which already sponsors a ride at Disney. I think they might sell a printer or two. :)

As for products in the parks, I agree that would be a tough sell. In the modern digital world there would have to be a value-add to get people to buy them in park. Perhaps SanDisk SD cards pre-loaded with professionally taken on-ride photos or videos? Perhaps our theoretical Canon/Nikon camera shop could rent current prosumer-level cameras? Modified so they won't work off property of course... And maybe modified to work with NextGen? Take a pic of a tomb in the HM queue and an apparition is overlaid onto the image in realtime? "Picture the Magic"

Just some random thoughts. Point being the demise of Kodak could provide some innovative sponsorship opportunities.

EOD K9

What about BMC, Cannondale or any other bicycle manufacturer that sponsors UCI pro teams. Why would you consciously decide to buy nestle products just because they sponsor a pavilion or period, especially nestle.

My team is also sponsored by TREK for one. So for me to be seen riding a BMC is frowned upon. I buy Kodak because I also like their product (photo paper). Nestle also has some good things that I enjoy (Not their in park hot chocolate though). I own a GM car, but that is because I like their brand. Not just because they have sponsorship.

StageFrenzy

My team is also sponsored by TREK for one. So for me to be seen riding a BMC is frowned upon. I buy Kodak because I also like their product (photo paper). Nestle also has some good things that I enjoy (Not their in park hot chocolate though). I own a GM car, but that is because I like their brand. Not just because they have sponsorship.

The Trek thing makes more since now, I watch the whole Tour de France France last year and I have been doing a lot of reading on the sport. I'm Also looking forward to trying to find the The Tour Down Under and see what happens to Katusha.

EOD K9

If you have any cycling questions, feel free to ask. The TDU should be on the NBC Sports Network in January.

Clamman73

The Trek thing makes more since now, I watch the whole Tour de France France last year and I have been doing a lot of reading on the sport. I'm Also looking forward to trying to find the The Tour Down Under and see what happens to Katusha.

Meh...they ride Canyons anyway...can't even buy them in the U.S.

EOD K9

All of the major brands have their ups and downs. TREK has been great with their customer service and their frame warranty. Maybe we should move this to the cycling section on these boards.

celluloid

With an 80s 3D show that has overstayed its 'tribute' and a dark ride that's message is non existent and once lovable character is obnoxious I will take any sponsor as long as something is done with it, since the parent company does not want to do anything to it.

EOD K9

Celluloid brings up a good point about the "tribute" movie. Its been three years. HISTA would be a better re-replacement for Captain EO.

Thrill Seeker

Celluloid brings up a good point about the "tribute" movie. Its been three years. HISTA would be a better re-replacement for Captain EO.

Never!!! I always hated HISTA. I agree that Captain EO has been back for a while now, but HISTA is hopefully dead and buried. Let's bring something new to the Magic Eye Theater for once!

celluloid

Well that have had three years to film it as a side project. But who are we kidding? We can't even get the five minute 1989 film out of Norway.

EOD K9

Never!!! I always hated HISTA. I agree that Captain EO has been back for a while now, but HISTA is hopefully dead and buried. Let's bring something new to the Magic Eye Theater for once!
I hear exactly what you are saying, however, IMO, HISTA is the lesser of two evils.

celluloid

I would agree. At least it is more enjoyable to the general public and is an actual 4D themed show. Rather than showing off 80s era 3D without the proper effects that show even originally had. EO has not aged nicely. And it did not get much love from the company when returning. Its the weakest display of all of the 3D attractions in Central Florida and stars a controversial dead guy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom