Kodak going going gone?!?!?!?

jasondiff

tirian said:
... that Kodak refused to invest in the technology upgrades necessary for upcoming Photopass features.

Jeez it's no wonder Kodak wasn't able to make a successful conversion from film-based to digital photography.

Kadee said:
That is one of the best (if not THE best) digital SLR on the market. I'm saving for one right now.

As a Nikon D70 owner I couldn't agree with you more! :animwink: But, the D70 isn't available in many places anymore. It's been replaced with the D70s which, in almost every way, is the same camera.

hankhill

Just returned....not happy re pics

So all week we went alo0ng having 77 pictures taken. Sunday night comes, last night, in the Magic Kingdom and we arent able to look at our photos to see if we want to purchase prior to leaving. We are told that Kodak came in at 5AM that morning and took all the equipment as the partnership had ended. I know we have photopass and all but I tell you that was unprofessional and badly handled by Disney and Kodak. Kodak did it at a time that hurt not disney but the customer and Disney had to know it was coming and didnt let it out at all. Just bad by both companies. I expect more from Disney though.

Hank

:confused:

Kadee

ThreeCircles said:
As a Nikon D70 owner I couldn't agree with you more! :animwink: But, the D70 isn't available in many places anymore. It's been replaced with the D70s which, in almost every way, is the same camera.

That's what I heard.......What are the new/different features? The D70 is absolutely amazing!

If Kodak had taken the time to really do digital right, they might not be having this problem. Kodak's digital products are at best, good. Nothing special or great about them. Their popularity is solely because they are easy (hence, their name "EasyShare). The quality is poor. It can not compare to my Sony CyberShot. If Kodak would be willing to upgrade to the good stuff, they probably would not be having the problems with Disney.

ToTBellHop

ctwhalerman said:
serious, serious thread drift, but in this trashing of all things upstate New York, but at least Rochester still has their minor league hockey team. I'm from New Haven, and we couldn't even keep that! I guess our solace is that at least we know Yale will never go out of business.

God we miss those Amerks-Nighthawks battles from the good old days of the AHL...

now back to the thread about Kodak and Disney, i guess...
New Haven, eh? I'm becoming a Yalie in the fall :-D

PaisleyMF

hankhill said:
So all week we went alo0ng having 77 pictures taken. Sunday night comes, last night, in the Magic Kingdom and we arent able to look at our photos to see if we want to purchase prior to leaving. We are told that Kodak came in at 5AM that morning and took all the equipment as the partnership had ended. I know we have photopass and all but I tell you that was unprofessional and badly handled by Disney and Kodak. Kodak did it at a time that hurt not disney but the customer and Disney had to know it was coming and didnt let it out at all. Just bad by both companies. I expect more from Disney though.

Hank

:confused:

Actually who told you that kinda lied, The Kodak area is closed at Main Street Exposition Hall. it is been refurbished Kodak just leaved their offices there for the Kodak Photopass personel (since they are relocated to MGM, Animal and Water Parks including Wet N Wild) but there are 2 more places over Toon Town and either Fronteerland or Fantasyland ( i can recall)

PaisleyMF

Kadee said:
That's what I heard.......What are the new/different features? The D70 is absolutely amazing!

If Kodak had taken the time to really do digital right, they might not be having this problem. Kodak's digital products are at best, good. Nothing special or great about them. Their popularity is solely because they are easy (hence, their name "EasyShare). The quality is poor. It can not compare to my Sony CyberShot. If Kodak would be willing to upgrade to the good stuff, they probably would not be having the problems with Disney.

Did you know that some of the EasyShare cams the electronics are made by Nikon. And that they are a good startup or value camera (hey i got a Sony and a Nikon but i go on vacation with my Kodak.

Kadee

PaisleyMF said:
Did you know that some of the EasyShare cams the electronics are made by Nikon. And that they are a good startup or value camera (hey i got a Sony and a Nikon but i go on vacation with my Kodak.

Yeah, a lot of them "share" technology. But Kodak just doesn't have "it"..... Like you said, it is a good startup or value camera. You just don't get the quality or clarity of picture. Sony (for point and shoot), Nikon (for SLR) and Olympus are the best, IMHO, when it comes to digital cameras....

EpcoTim

Kadee said:
Yeah, a lot of them "share" technology. But Kodak just doesn't have "it"..... Like you said, it is a good startup or value camera. You just don't get the quality or clarity of picture. Sony (for point and shoot), Nikon (for SLR) and Olympus are the best, IMHO, when it comes to digital cameras....

Canon 20D. Greatest camera ever. But just because its what I shoot with.

RSoxNo1

I think it's time to dust off the Mt. Fuji plans now that Kodak isn't around to squash Fuji Film sponsoring the attraction.

ToTBellHop

There is definitely much to be said for a possible Fuji deal, but Disney has never been one to purposely leave a sour taste in a sponsor's mouth, as that would deter future sponsors from giving money. However, if Kodak did ever leave, I'm sure Disney would QUICKLY seize the opportunity to form a deal with Fuji worth tens of millions.

PhotoDave219

Jerm said:
So I have been hearing words about Kodak leaving in June. I know they have been phased out with the "Photo Pass" but have not heard anything about them "leaving" the park all together. Might want to check around on the back of the maps and a few of the attractions to see if they still have one of the longest running sponsors that Disney has had still on it in a few weeks.

J

Kodak out, DPI to be everywhere.

As for the canon/Nikon argument, you're splitting hairs. The main difference between the two is ergomatics and image quality at high ISOs.

A camera is just a tool, like a paintbrush. The technique and skill is all inside the person. Anyone can just take snapshots....

ToTBellHop

Haha...and I have neither technique nor skill. At least I don't put my thumb over the lens now and can actually focus the image...but that's about where my expertise ends.

EpcoTim

PhotoDave219 said:
A camera is just a tool, like a paintbrush. The technique and skill is all inside the person. Anyone can just take snapshots....

Exactly. Its all in the eye. To me, the truly great photographers are the ones who truly understand light.

And your sig is great.

Kadee

PhotoDave219 said:
Kodak out, DPI to be everywhere.

As for the canon/Nikon argument, you're splitting hairs. The main difference between the two is ergomatics and image quality at high ISOs.

I tend to agree ... to a point. I will be the first to admit that there are people who can take great photos with a disposible camera; I have done that ...once I figured out how to use the stupid thing. :lol: :lol: :lol: . (I hate those disposable things!) But the same shot with a really good SLR will make a much better photo. I REALLY want a Nikon D70s. Right now, I have a point and shoot Sony that is fabulous for a PnS. I slso have a Minolta Maxxum 500 that is great, but it is film. Digtal is just so convenient and much cheaper in the long run.

Back on topic...... Is Kodak really out of Disney? Are they keeping the "film arrangement" and just the photographers are out? I wish Disney would switch to Fugi. I like the color from Fugi film much better.

LeaveALegacyGuy

ThreeCircles said:
So, DPI are Disney CMs? And they're now in all photography positions across property?

Curiouser and curiouser...
DPI are actual Disney CMs who in take photos in ToonTown (character shots) when Kodak was still in MK. As of now, DPI has full control of MK, but I am not positive on the other parks. To answer Kadee's question, Kodak is not fully out of Walt Disney World. I myself am a Kodak employee and all of us who worked at MK are relocated to different areas (I am relocated to Ft. Wilderness). From my supervisor at MK, within the next few months, Kodak will be taken out of AK and MGM, but I do not know if we are going to be removed from resorts within the near future. The DPI Photographers are at all previously ran Kodak positions (i.e. Photo Pick-up in Expo Hall, Photographers on Main St. and the photographer over with Ariel).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom