Knott’s targets Disneyland passholders with $101 season pass as theme park wars heat up - OCR/SCNG

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
>>Knott’s Berry Farm launched the first salvo in the Southern California theme park wars with a $101 season pass targeting Disneyland passholders left without a place to call home after the neighboring Anaheim theme park killed its annual pass program.

Knott’s became the last major California theme park to announce a reopening date that will see the Buena Park theme park return to full operations in May after a yearlong coronavirus closure.

Knott’s will reopen with rides and attractions on May 6 to season passholders and return with a grand opening for the general public on May 21, according to theme park officials officials.<<

>>Knott’s season passes for 2020 and 2021 will be valid through May 5, 2022. New season passes can be purchased through June 20 starting at $101.

The $101 Knott’s season pass is less expensive than the lowest-priced $104 single-day ticket to Disneyland.

Disneyland surprised die-hard fans in January by canceling its four decade-old annual pass program and announcing that a new membership program would be unveiled at a later date.<<

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
>>All 2020 and 2021 season passes purchased through May 5, 2021, will be valid through May 5, 2022. Knott's Season Passes are now available starting at $101 or six easy payments of $13.50 after an initial payment. Gold Passes are $135 or six easy payments of just $17.00 after an initial payment. Information regarding Soak City Waterpark will be coming soon. These offers end on June 20, 2021. Applicable taxes and fees apply. Payment plans are only available at knotts.com.<<

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
SFMM 2021 passes.

1 park pass on sale for $75, normally $170.
2 park including water park - $121, normally $220

USH - Silver - $189, Gold is $249

LEGOLAND - 4 levels from $149 to $299

SeaWorld -

FunCard - 2021 SP - $96, With Water Park - $122

Annual passes starting at $108 to $237

Stevek

SFMM 2021 passes.

SeaWorld -

My daughter is at SFMM today...long lines, 90 minutes to ride Twisted Colossus but she's enjoying herself. Only $20 to upgrade her ticked to a season pass so no brainer for her.

cmwade77

SFMM 2021 passes.

SeaWorld -

The only issue with USH is they currently.dont have any pass level with no blackout dates.

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Perhaps, but I also would want the pass level that has express access that was sold before all of this.

Currently USH is not offering VIP tours.

Things have changed, and hopefully those will return soon. Pretty sure you could upgrade to the higher level when it comes available.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I’m still scratching my head why Disney scrapped it Passholder program...lol
Because Disneyland was getting too crowded and that diminishes the experience. Disney is beloved enough to get away with it. It will still fill up, it will just be a turnover of different people and not just the same local people anymore.

Growing up (and even still now at the lowest tier) Great America here in Santa Clara has always sold season passes for about the price of two regular admissions.

Good for Knott's for taking the initiative to bring more bodies in. I just hope once restrictions clear that they don't have constant capacity issues that create long lines and diminish their guest's experiences....or worse have to turn people at the gate away since they are offering such a sweet deal.

CaptinEO

They do. They want you to buy a ticket for each visit.
Disney sent myself and many others surveys about new annual passes just 2 weeks after they announced they were ending the program.

I'd love if the companies would move to a true ticket only option. There's no way their current prices are reflective of this.

If Universal can sustain charging 130 a day and Disneyland 150, more power to them. I'd personally be upset to buy a ticket just to find out I could've waited a month to get an annual pass.

edit: Universal is offering passes again

Last edited:

cmwade77

Currently USH is not offering VIP tours.

Things have changed, and hopefully those will return soon. Pretty sure you could upgrade to the higher level when it comes available.
Didn't say VIP tours, I said the level of pass that give you one time access per attraction per day to the express lanes. They are still offering unlimited access to the express lanes for a fee, so they should still be able to sell this pass level, just maybe in more limited quantities.

Rich T

I hate what season passes do to parks, but this is a brilliant opportunity for Knotts to grow their fanbase. I just hope the deal doesn’t last long enough to turn the place into a teen daycare center.

I wonder if this will be a company-wide strategy for Cedar Fair.

cmwade77

Because Disneyland was getting too crowded and that diminishes the experience. Disney is beloved enough to get away with it. It will still fill up, it will just be a turnover of different people and not just the same local people anymore.

Growing up (and even still now at the lowest tier) Great America here in Santa Clara has always sold season passes for about the price of two regular admissions.

Good for Knott's for taking the initiative to bring more bodies in. I just hope once restrictions clear that they don't have constant capacity issues that create long lines and diminish their guest's experiences....or worse have to turn people at the gate away since they are offering such a sweet deal.
Honestly, the pricing isn't far off from what they always offer, it is just clear they are targeting people that would be going to Disney right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom