Kingdom Hearts

Philharmagically

Original Poster
Okay, so a little bit (actually, a lot!) of armchair imagineering here...

I was just thinking, with the release of Kingdom Hearts 2.5, and Kingdom Hearts 3 coming out soon, how awesome would it be to get some sort of nod towards the franchise within one of the Disney parks? For example, it's already been teased that some of the Limit moves in KH3 will be inspired by Disney attractions (e.g. Electric parade floats).

I mean, they could even just shoehorn it into DisneyQuest (because it does need updating). Because after all, it is a Disney video game.
I also think, given the massive Japanese market for a game that combines Disney with beloved JRPGs by Squaresoft (now Square Enix), it would be a massive hit at the Tokyo Disney parks, even if it didn't come to the American parks.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I've posted threads similar to this before!

I believe that a freaking AWESOME ride could be made with this franchise!! Think the style of Universal's Spider-man/Transformers simulator rides with the combinations of the different worlds that the Jimmy Neutron ride had... But Disney! This could be really flipping awesome with some of the most intense Disney movie scenes! Especially with the characters from Kingdom Hearts!

l4dybu6

I would LOVE to see stuff in the parks for the KH3 release!! They had Chain of Memories Goofy, Donald, and Sora meet and greets a few years ago, but not much since them. There's a group trying to bring more awareness to the franchise into the parks, hoping to get more than a meet and greet and some pins. Here is the website! (it seems that it needs to be re-newed, but this will give you the idea at least)
The group that runs it is pretty dedicated, and are apparently trying to talk with a few voice actors from the games to help them out! They run panels at local cons as well as the MNSSHP event every year if you want to check them out :D

So hopefully something will come of it by the time the game releases! (Even just some stuff at Disney Quest would be nice lol)

COrunner

Okay, so a little bit (actually, a lot!) of armchair imagineering here...

I was just thinking, with the release of Kingdom Hearts 2.5, and Kingdom Hearts 3 coming out soon, how awesome would it be to get some sort of nod towards the franchise within one of the Disney parks? For example, it's already been teased that some of the Limit moves in KH3 will be inspired by Disney attractions (e.g. Electric parade floats).

I mean, they could even just shoehorn it into DisneyQuest (because it does need updating). Because after all, it is a Disney video game.
I also think, given the massive Japanese market for a game that combines Disney with beloved JRPGs by Squaresoft (now Square Enix), it would be a massive hit at the Tokyo Disney parks, even if it didn't come to the American parks.

You saying that just made me think back to when Innoventions had pretty much every gaming system out for play including the Jaguar, Neo-Geo, Genesis, etc.

With how big Kingdom Hearts has been, the release of Disney Infinity and the other Disney-esqe IP's they have why would Disney not build out Disney Quest for gamers? Or do a week for gamers similar to Star Wars/Food and Wine.

I would definitely attend something like that!

Matt_Black

You saying that just made me think back to when Innoventions had pretty much every gaming system out for play including the Jaguar, Neo-Geo, Genesis, etc.

With how big Kingdom Hearts has been, the release of Disney Infinity and the other Disney-esqe IP's they have why would Disney not build out Disney Quest for gamers? Or do a week for gamers similar to Star Wars/Food and Wine.

I would definitely attend something like that!

Don't forget about TRON.

Philharmagically

Original Poster
Don't forget about TRON.
Not just Tron. Disney Infinity, any new Star Wars games. I don't understand why Disney isn't endorsing these products within the parks. If a kid plays a prototype version or demo of a game, they'll want to buy it when they get home from their vacation/when it comes out. Plus, think of the possibilities for exclusive Disney Infinity figures only available in the parks. It certainly would drive up profits (who knows, maybe that can get them to build more rides, fix old ones, make more games,etc.

Cmdr_Crimson

Sora, Donald & Goofy were all together at MNSSHP for the release of Chain of Memories....
tumblr_l0zrkwihY31qaqojyo1_500.png

COrunner

Not just Tron. Disney Infinity, any new Star Wars games. I don't understand why Disney isn't endorsing these products within the parks. If a kid plays a prototype version or demo of a game, they'll want to buy it when they get home from their vacation/when it comes out. Plus, think of the possibilities for exclusive Disney Infinity figures only available in the parks. It certainly would drive up profits (who knows, maybe that can get them to build more rides, fix old ones, make more games,etc.

Definitely agree. Skylanders created a market where you can print money with a game and figures. Given the success Disney has with pins and vinylmation it seems insane that they wouldn't do park exclusive infinity figures!

I also think back to just the shear amount of Disney video games that have been made going back through multiple systems. I would love if they setup innoventions so my daughter could play the original TRON or Mickey Mouscapades on NES.

Philharmagically

Original Poster
Definitely agree. Skylanders created a market where you can print money with a game and figures. Given the success Disney has with pins and vinylmation it seems insane that they wouldn't do park exclusive infinity figures!

I also think back to just the shear amount of Disney video games that have been made going back through multiple systems. I would love if they setup innoventions so my daughter could play the original TRON or Mickey Mouscapades on NES.
Can't forget the hellish platformer for PS1 Mickey's Wild Adventure. If you died three times, it was back to the beginning!

I never understood why KH didn't have a bigger presence in the parks. But as for KH 3, we have not even a clue of when it will be released. It's been almost a decade since the 2nd game (I'm not counting all of the handhelds) and there's very limited info on it so by the time it's released it's possible Disney will having something even bigger to focus on but I hope they do something with it.

Last edited:

MissAlmyra

It would be great to see anything Kingdom Hearts at the parks! I've always felt like the series has been underutilized by Disney, unless you count Hot Topic merchandise.
There was even a Kingdom Hearts animated series that was planned and pitched a few years ago, but it never came to fruition. With the combining of Disney and Square-Enix's IPs, it seems like a no-brainer!

Matt_Black

Yeah, I think Disney had been in the past a bit not sure about how or even if to market video games. I remember when KH2 came out, I decided to pop around for some DVDs to freshen up my memory. At the time, I don't think any of the films featured in the game were released from the vault. Considering that the game made millions of dollars it's first day (and I worked at a video game store at the time; it was HUGE. Kids were even buying that big-@$$ strategy guide and were jealous of me because I got the one with the Final Form Sora on the cover), you'd think Disney would have done the synergistic approach they're famous for.

Some 10 years later, considering how mainstream video games have gotten and the success of Disney Infinity, it's a good deal more likely we might see more of a push this time around.

Cmdr_Crimson

While the games are a big hit....We then have the other issue...And that's *disgrunteld sigh* your average theme park Disney fans where they have no clue who they are, why are they there, And they ask "What's a Heartless?"
It's a shame...And to add insult to us US Fans...Look at what TDL Had in their Resort for the Release of KH:Re-Coded.:banghead:
kh3.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom