Kingdom Hearts Ride

SirGoofy

Original Poster
Hey everyone! I'm a huge Disney fan and a huge video game fan, so naturally I loved Kingdom Hearts. I was wondering if there were any plans of having a KH ride.

mickeykid79

Sounds like a good idea

It will be interesting to see such an attraction, But I believe Squaresoft owns the rights to the game so it would have to be sponsored by them and that might conflict with Disney interactive.

But I can see some setup at least, a store, or interactive playarea, somewhere in Fantasyland, or at MGM.:king:

SirGoofy

Original Poster
I had read that Square Enix had given the rights to make a ride or a movie to Disney, but that was in Official Playstation Magazine, so i don't know.

stingrock23

I think that's a great idea for an attraction. I loved the game, and look forward to the sequel. I"m not sure what type of attraction could be built, but it's a good theme. Maybe they could put it where Super Star Limo was at DCA.

SirGoofy

Original Poster
I was thinking that the rumored Villian Mountian would be perfect for this. THink about it. You could have all the villians trying to stop Sora from locking the Key Hole to all of their evil powers. It could be a dark/thrill/roller coaster type of ride, kinda like Dinosaur with drops and such.

sniggle74

A Kingdom Hearts Ride would be great! I would definately have to be a dark ride. It would fit nicely in Fantasyland.....almost like a Storybook land type ride (a la Disneyland) but much darker.

I can see going through each of the lands with Sora and friends....until we get to the end of the ride where Mickey is closing the door. So many possiblities.

I have seen a very small clip of the second Kingdom Hearts, but does anyone have an idea when it is due out.....I need my fix.

MartyMouse

Kingdom Hearts is a great game, but I don’t see anything happening with the parks. The video game market is so short lived, the people who buy video games have the attention span of an 8 year old, if it isn’t the newest new thing then it gets lumped into the old crap box never to be heard from again.
Disney would be making a mistake with a Kingdom Hearts game because in 5 years this conversation will take place –
“Kingdom Hearts??? What’s that??”
“I think it was a video game or something.”
“Oh well, who cares, lets go home and play “Blood Thirsty Mothers Part VI : Baby Killer” on my Play Station 3”

SirGoofy

Original Poster
Wow MartyMouse. If you think that all gamers care about is blood and gore you are very wrong. I hate when people say that. Video games can be good without having peoples guts flyin all over the place. Kingdom Hearts is one of those games. It appeals to all ages, the young because it is Disney and the old for its great RPG gaming experiance. It will not die, because Square Enix is planning on making it like Final Fantasy, which has 11 games so far. So Disney would NOT be making a mistake.

ALL VIDEO GAMES ARE NOT LIKE GRAND THEFT AUTO!:fork:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Kingdom Hearts would make an AWESOME attraction. With a sequel coming out, and a Game Boy Advance game coming out, this game isn't going to be forgotten for a long time.

Keyblader Ax

Originally posted by SirGoofy
Wow MartyMouse. If you think that all gamers care about is blood and gore you are very wrong. I hate when people say that. Video games can be good without having peoples guts flyin all over the place. Kingdom Hearts is one of those games. It appeals to all ages, the young because it is Disney and the old for its great RPG gaming experiance. It will not die, because Square Enix is planning on making it like Final Fantasy, which has 11 games so far. So Disney would NOT be making a mistake.

Right On!:sohappy:

tztowerofterror

i believe what he was saying was that gory games are the most popular genre. its what most kids today play. yes, not all games are gorey, but most have some sort of violence in them. imo, i don't think a video game based attraction would work very well, especially this one seeing that its non-violent. just my ¢.2! :)

Not For Sale

Could you make it a mix of Spider-man at IOA (sorry about mentioning it) and that thing at Disney Quest. I forgot what its called but it has some comic book people and you fight them with headsets on. You dont need any scenery except for the entrance and exit and exerything will be synchronized to the movements and at the end you win or lose. I never played Kingdom Hearts so in my own little world I think this will work.

GServo84

Originally posted by MartyMouse
Kingdom Hearts is a great game, but I don’t see anything happening with the parks. The video game market is so short lived, the people who buy video games have the attention span of an 8 year old, if it isn’t the newest new thing then it gets lumped into the old crap box never to be heard from again.
Disney would be making a mistake with a Kingdom Hearts game because in 5 years this conversation will take place –
“Kingdom Hearts??? What’s that??”
“I think it was a video game or something.”
“Oh well, who cares, lets go home and play “Blood Thirsty Mothers Part VI : Baby Killer” on my Play Station 3”

You obviously are someone with no idea about the people who play video games and only listen to what's reported on in the mainstream media. Not everyone plays games like Grand Theft Auto 3. There are many that have rich storylines and great gameplay.

Respond to this MartyMouse:

How many games have YOU played in your life?

If you respond none, you have no room to comment. About the video game market being short lived, the industry makes more money than the movie industry. And the Game Boy Advance system has taken in a 1.5 billion dollar profit. Many movie studios don't pull in nearly that much. The market has been around for over 25 years; so try saying it's short lived after that.

On your comment about gamers having the attention spans of 8 year olds, that's just derogatory and completely false. I spend 40+ hours on games a week (yes, with other people). I made Dean's list at LSU, got an A in Calculus, and yes, I have kissed a girl (that was just to make me not sound like a total geek ;) ).

Let me restate:

1. Video Game Profit > Movie Studio Profit
2. Not all video games are violent.
3. Not all gamers are stupid people with low attention spans.
4. Your argument is fallacious and has no substance.

With all these statements backing me up, I feel that I, along with the approval of most of the other heavy gamers on this forum, have the right to say: YOU HAVE NO FRICKIN IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!

Thanks for your time!

P.S.: I believe both Disney and Squaresoft own the rights to the name Kingdom Hearts, but Sora, Riku, and Kairi are all property of Squaresoft along with the other Final Fantasy characters. But this doesn't mean that they aren't going in a theme park. ;)

GServo84

Originally posted by SirGoofy

Just a friendly correction ;)

There are 15 titles currently:

Final Fantasies:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Tactics, 8, 9, 10, Tactics Advance, 11 (Online), 10-2, and Crystal Chronicles.

Just to back you up man.

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME!!!!!
YOU HAVEN'T LIVED IF YOU HAVEN'T LAN'ed!!!!!

SirGoofy

Original Poster
Throwing a little spiderman influence would be awsome Not For Sale!

And to GServo8...:sohappy: bravo! I couldn't have said it better myself! Yea I forgot Tactics,CC, and X-2

GServo84

Just making sure that the old people of the world don't control what we do and think. Hear that Joe Lieberman and Tipper Gore!?

BTW SirGoofy, how much of the game did you complete?

My Stats:
Sora Lv. 74
Donald Lv. 72
Goofy LV. 73

All 99 Dalmatian Puppies Found
All Bosses Beat (save Sephiroth)
All Trinities Found

47:15 clocked

See, this is a "shining example" for a person with low attention span (for MartyMouse, that was something we call sarcasm).

GServo84

Originally posted by sniggle74
And let us not forget Final Fantasy Adventures for the Super NES

Damn, I can't believe I forgot that. Now I must commit ritual seppaku. *AAGGHH*

I now hve no left pinky. Tht sucks.

SirGoofy

Original Poster
I beat all the bosses except the Ice Titan and Sephiroth
I got all the trinities and dalmations
Sora-level 65
Donald-level 61
Goofy-level 63
Time-33:26:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom