King Size Bed

Oceana

We are headed to DW to stay at POp Century Tuesday. It will be my husband, my 17 month old, and myself. We cosleep so we do not need a crib. I will bring my own bed rail.

Apparently since we are 3 people we are not able to get a king size bed, because the system thinks 3 people cannot sleep in the same bed. So our reservation is putting us in a double room. I really feel that I should get to sleep with my husband on vacation so.

Ideas? They cannot remove my son from the reservation for fire code.

What upsets me is that I requested all this weeks ago when I made my reservation only just now when I call to confirm does it become an issue.

The new solution is for me to get 2 rooms so I can have 3 people in one bed.

ahhhh!
julie

m star

here's an idea. Ask for a roll away ______ for the extra person, and then you dont have to use it when you get there. Check to see if there's an extra cost for a ______, but even if there is it will be less than two rooms. You may even be able to cancel the request for the ______ when you check in, they may be more flexible about the room arrangements than the reservation people.

Upvote 0

Trishnh

maybe if you request a crib since they are free that would help?? :confused: That is the strangest thing I have heard since the 17 month old should not even count towards the total number of people in the room. I would keep pushing the issue because that is absurd! :hammer:

Upvote 0

Oceana

Original Poster
Perhaps C O T is a bad word.

I tried requesting a crib, however it doesnt change the computers ability to put us in a King room.

I called Pop Century directly, the person I spoke to talked to oporations. She was able to put our desire for a King room in the comments section but also was unable to change it.

She suggested that when we check in the front desk person will be able to make the room request change IF a king room is available, so we cant request it in advance but at check in can request it.

This is totally silly, computers certainly should have an override for stuff like this.

julie

Upvote 0

wdwfan30

why not just keep the room with the 2 beds? you can all still sleep together since its a baby in the middle and you just have the extra bed in the room. i don't know if you realize but rooms with king beds are more expensive than double beds anyway.

Upvote 0

nicholas

I think C O T is a bad word because of "inter c o t"?

And I think I read somewhere that out of the millions of rooms, POP only has 35 rooms with king beds. We requested one MONTHS in advance for this past trip and still didn't get it. No biggie for us though.

Good luck! You'll love POP regardless.

Upvote 0

Kadee

wdwfan30 said:
why not just keep the room with the 2 beds? you can all still sleep together since its a baby in the middle and you just have the extra bed in the room. i don't know if you realize but rooms with king beds are more expensive than double beds anyway.
You can't put three people (even if one is a toddler) in a full size bed. That would be very uncomfortable. Those beds are very small for just two people. If I were you, I'd call back until I got someone who was able/willing to change you to a king size room. Tell them you are bringing a pack-n-play for the baby to sleep in, if you have to.

Their reasoning is absurd! Keep trying!!!! Good Luck!!!

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

A king bed request is just that, a request. Since there are fewer of these rooms to go around, they would be first-come, first-served.

I understand why the CM couldn't guarantee you a king room, because they just don't guarantee a request, although it is noted on your reservation.

Because your child is under 3, and in theory could sleep in a pack'n play (per WDW's rules), there should be no issue with that.

However, you should have a Plan B in case you do end up with 2 double beds.

Upvote 0

TravisMT81

nicholas said:
I think C O T is a bad word because of "inter c o t"?

And I think I read somewhere that out of the millions of rooms, POP only has 35 rooms with king beds. We requested one MONTHS in advance for this past trip and still didn't get it. No biggie for us though.

Good luck! You'll love POP regardless.

I can only imagine what you wanted a king bed for :zipit:

Upvote 0

Debbie

My sister requested a king size bed when she stayed at Pop Century in January (for the marathon). She was told, only upon check-in, that the king beds were available in the handicap accessible rooms. Therefore these rooms had to remain clear for any person with special needs. She wasn't happy about this; she's the type to raise a stink until she has her way. But she loves Disney as I do and just advised management that guests should be made aware of this upon requesting a king size bed. The brochure is mis-leading if king beds are being advertised and they are not available to the GENERAL public.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Talk to CRO/whoever you book through about the king beds. There are no guarantees unless for medical needs (such as roll in shower for wheelchairs) for a king bed in any value resort.

If you want a king bed guaranteed, upgrade to a moderate and pay for a king room.

Most of the time, these are just REQUESTS:

Smoking/non-smoking
King bed
Building theme/location
Floor
View
Connecting/Adjoining rooms

Upvote 0

Oceana

Original Poster
i realize the are just requests, the silliness of it is that i am unable to request a king room because we are 3 people, even if one of us is a toddler. i tried the rent a crib aspect, i tried the i am bringing my own crib aspect. the computer will not allow it to be put on the reservation even as a request.

a double bed would not be comfortable with 2 adults and a baby.

we wanted to stay at pop because i like the look for the toddler, as wonderful as the other resorts are... they are more subtle. The giant in your face of the sports style resorts are really appealing to me for interest for him. I want returning to our room to be almost as amazing as getting to the parks KWIM?

Thanks all, we will see how this turns out Tuesday

julie

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Not suggesting breaking the rules...eh em....but why do they need to know if you are bringing a toddler? The child gets free admission to the parks, I think. Call them back and tell them that you are not bringing your child because of their stupid rule and request the king. When you get there and get checked in and get your room, if need be, tell them, oh, we decided to bring our child............

Upvote 0

Nicole

I stayed at Pop Century in July, had no problem getting a room with a King bed. They didn't guarantee it but when I checked in they gave it to me. Have you tried calling the front desk of the hotel?

Upvote 0

Oceana

Original Poster
They have to know about the toddler for fire safty reasons.

It is within 5 days of our visit and yes I spoke to someone at the desk. Still they are unable to change what the computer should allow.

We will see what happens Tuesday morning.

thanks all
julie

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom