Kinda bummed about the DTD McD's that's closing

sponono88

The food isn't spicy. Pollo Campero serves Camperitos, their version of chicken nuggets. and i'm pretty sure they have fries as well.

Vacation is a great time for kids to try some new foods. I've never been able to understand why people order food on vacation that they can and so frequently do eat when they are at home. I was a very picky eater (still am in some ways) until my early 20s. I blame a lot of that on my parents not making me try different foods. I basically lived in chicken nuggets until I was 10. Step out of the comfort zone and step away from the McDonalds :wave:

worldfanatic

I have to admit, I eat at McDonalds way too often at home.

But while on vacation at Disney World?????
Never, never, never, ever. Not in a million lifetimes.

Seeing the arches within WDW always bummed me out.
They're just too common in everyday life.
I'm so glad they're leaving.:sohappy:

Crazy4WDW1

I think that in all of my numerous visits to WDW I've only ever been in that McDonald's once. I believe it was to get a cold drink. I for one won't miss it.

tigsmom

My kids are older now (21 & 15), but if you offered them chicken nuggets they would jump on them! :lol: Just about every restaurant serves nuggets or strips, but maybe it's time to teach them to be a little more adventurous?

I like what I'm hearing from them though...

Pollo Campero’s food is freshly prepared each day. Fried and grilled chicken is marinated, sending the distinctive Campero flavor all the way to the bone. Fried chicken is hand-breaded in seasoned flour and slowly pressure-cooked without trans-fats, resulting in a flavorful and juicy meal. Grilled chicken features the taste of lime and orange juices, red bell peppers, and a special blend of Latin herbs and spices. The new fresh concept menu will feature fresh salads, sandwiches, fruits, and healthy snacks, as well as vegetarian, gluten-free, sugar-free, low-sodium or organic offerings.

Look then menu up, I'm sure the kids would eat there...nuggets & fries as well as a lot of other stuff.

erasure fan1

Mcnuggets are evil:fork:
Since they took away the dark meat nuggets I have to agree!:lol:

I guess Im in the minority here but I kind of liked having the McD's @ DTD. We wouldnt really eat there but maybe once a trip, but it was nice to stop and get a regular hamburger for my daughter as we walked around the stores. That said its not that big of a deal, my daughters not that picky that we have to eat there.

I have one kid that will eat anything you put in front of her and one that eats about 20-25 typical kid foods and that's it. I refused to go to McDonald's when we were in DTD so we went to Earl of Sandwich and they got the grilled cheese. EofS offer normal kids food like any other restaurant and I think Wolfgang Puck Express has chicken fingers.

Scooter

I, too will miss the DTD McDonalds.
My wife and I enjoy trying new places when on vacation but after days of trying new foods including Chinese, German, Mexican, Irish, Norwegian, Japanese and Moroccan, it was nice to eat a meal of old fashioned American Cuisine.

Eating one meal each trip at McDonalds to us, was like visiting an old friend.

hrcollectibles

Mcnuggets are evil:fork:

Mcanything is evil. I do not eat McDonalds at home why would I subject myself to that while on vacation.

Vacation is a great time for kids to try some new foods. I've never been able to understand why people order food on vacation that they can and so frequently do eat when they are at home. I was a very picky eater (still am in some ways) until my early 20s. I blame a lot of that on my parents not making me try different foods. I basically lived in chicken nuggets until I was 10. Step out of the comfort zone and step away from the McDonalds :wave:

I am with you.. When I am on vacation I never eat at any place I can t home... Why travel (2 and a half hours in my case) to eat at a place right up the road from my house When I can go to Earl of Sandwich

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Sorry, the world [not just Disney World] could do without McDonalds or fast food of any kind.

Might slow down the obesity rates in the population.

I'd be happy if Disney got rid of all QS and built enough TS to actually feed real food to everybody with realistic portions instead of the hugely ridiculous sized portions they serve now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom