Kim Possible adventure Epcot change rumor

JEANYLASER

Original Poster
We've recently heard a rumor that the Kim Possible Adventure at Epcot may eventually be turned into an Agent P Secret Mission, themed to the alter ego of Perry the Platypus from Phineas and Ferb. If that proves to be true, it shows the benefit of software-driven activities, where the entire show can be swapped out with a software update. Of course, as with all rumors,

it's from Mouseplanet!

Communicore

It's definitely not EPCOT Center anymore...:ROFLOL:

I guess at least it is a current show. Speaking of which, did they ever have a Kim Possible meet and greet?

lebeau

It's definitely not EPCOT Center anymore...:ROFLOL:

I guess at least it is a current show. Speaking of which, did they ever have a Kim Possible meet and greet?

If this change is true, I approve.

And yes, they did have a Kim Possible m&g at the Studios.

Pioneer Hall

I saw this in their weekly update as well and think that it would be a great move. It seems like it would be a pretty easy conversion and would have far more appeal than KP.

GrumpyFan

Hmm, I wonder if they would upgrade the "Kimmunicators", or get rid of them altogether and go with something like what they're doing with Sorcers of the Magic Kingdom.

RunnerEd

Hmm, I wonder if they would upgrade the "Kimmunicators", or get rid of them altogether and go with something like what they're doing with Sorcers of the Magic Kingdom.

I had the same thought initially but I think an upgrade would be a lot more workable for Epcot without a major overhaul. France, for instance has a camera in the Eiffel Tower that takes the "spy's" picture which you can view on the Kimmunicator. It's a very cool effect but one that couldn't be replicated with a Sorcerers style card. As a fan of Fineus and Ferb, count me as for this upgrade any time!!!!

Ive heard of this. I hope they do it to, Kim Possible is soo old and no kids really know who the heck she is. I think Phineas and Ferb is the way to go

WDWchick

That's true, I used to watch KP all the time when I was younger, so I knew all the characters and stuff. Walking around EPCOT though, I hear kids say how did they come up with this stuff.... In my opinin that used to be one of the best shows

Horizonsfan

Ive heard of this. I hope they do it to, Kim Possible is soo old and no kids really know who the heck she is. I think Phineas and Ferb is the way to go

If this is true, it doesn't make sense that they keep theming it to temporary Disney Channel properties. Why not use a more classic/permanent property or better yet, use an original cast of characters?:eek::shrug:

danstadnik

If this is true, it doesn't make sense that they keep theming it to temporary Disney Channel properties. Why not use a more classic/permanent property or better yet, use an original cast of characters?:eek::shrug:

I agree 100%. KP was dated when it was opened, and I think P & F is already becoming dated as well. My kids used to watch it daily, but I can't think of it being on in my house for a year or so. Maybe The Incredibles would work better? Or Monsters Inc, as the sequel is coming soon... Something with the doors taking you into different countries...? Or just a general "Let's help Mickey find..." etc.
I have a feeling that P & F merch will shortly be on the clearance racks that Hannah Montana, Jonas Bros., and High School Musical items have recently on.

CountryBearFan

I like KP, but kids don't know who she is any more...

The same thing can be said for Song of the South and its Brer characters (since it has yet to be released on DVD in the US), but that hasn't stopped them from closing or re-theming Splash Mountain. :hammer:

Similar issues also haven't stopped them from removing the Mr. Toad, Roger Rabbit and Gadget's Go Coaster rides at DL. :hammer:

ToTBellHop

The same thing can be said for Song of the South and its Brer characters (since it has yet to be released on DVD in the US), but that hasn't stopped them from closing or re-theming Splash Mountain. :hammer:

Similar issues also haven't stopped them from removing the Mr. Toad, Roger Rabbit and Gadget's Go Coaster rides at DL. :hammer:
They also weren't designed to be updated. KP was.

Pioneer Hall

I agree 100%. KP was dated when it was opened, and I think P & F is already becoming dated as well. My kids used to watch it daily, but I can't think of it being on in my house for a year or so. Maybe The Incredibles would work better? Or Monsters Inc, as the sequel is coming soon... Something with the doors taking you into different countries...? Or just a general "Let's help Mickey find..." etc.
I have a feeling that P & F merch will shortly be on the clearance racks that Hannah Montana, Jonas Bros., and High School Musical items have recently on.

While your kids might have gotten tired of it, the show is still a major hit. As of the last quarter of 2011, the show was the number one watched animated show amongst the 6-11 and 9-14 age groups and has been in the number 1 spot for 9-14 four years running. Their movie special that aired this summer was watched by 4.6 million viewers during it's original airing. So unlike KP, which was already off the air when they introduced the game, Phineas and Ferb are still an incredibly popular franchise amongst its demographic.

CountryBearFan

P.S.: I don't think they should change the World Showcase Adventure. The KP theming is just fine as it is. And I actually think the World Showcase Adventure would be harder to change than, say, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom or the Midship Detective Agency anyway (especially when you consider the fact that unlike SotMK or MDA, which heavily rely on screens, KPWSA uses actual animated physical props).

Besides, KP's theming is a far better fit for Epcot than Phineas & Ferb. Also, as I've said before, Doofenschmirtz does not try to take over the world like the KP villains do, just the tri-state area, so in a way, it would be out of character for Doof to go that far. Also, the Phineas & Ferb characters don't really travel the world in the way that the KP characters do anyway.

Keep in mind that one of the reasons Walt created the theme parks was so that the company's characters could have a place where they would be guaranteed to live forever for sure, even when they weren't getting as much attention in other media. And that means let Kim, Ron and company stay where they are in the parks...and that means the World Showcase Adventure should retain the KP theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom