Kim Possible adventure Epcot change rumor

DisneyJunkie

Ok, I need to understand this.....why? The Kim Possible Adventure thing was actually kind of cool and this seems like nothing more than an unnecessary replacement.

EvilQueen-T

we've had a lot of fun playing kp. my granddaughter just turned 8 and grew up loving shows from blues clues to scooby doo so playing kp was like a real life mystery for her. i think the update is a good idea in that it will be more recognizable to the target demographic. gd age 8 doesn't remember kp being on tv it's been off to long but loves phineas and ferb. i'm sure they'll work the agent p story into most if not all of the existing hard fixed elements of the game and change the video type items and the kimmunicators.

07vanquish

Well I always said I would play the KP game at epcot, so much for that thought (kicking my own butt at the moment), I didn't think it would have left this soon, I thought there would have been another year for KP :brick:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well I always said I would play the KP game at epcot, so much for that thought (kicking my own butt at the moment), I didn't think it would have left this soon, I thought there would have been another year for KP :brick:
It is not really going anywhere. It is just getting a face lift and a name change. Many of the elements will remain and new ones will be added.

Rpearson

Wow. I'm quite interested to see this. I'm 20 but my little brother and sister love Phineas and Ferb, and I've watched a few episodes with them. Its quite a cute show. I'm more surprised by the instant bitterness, that people have already sprouted. Honestly this is nothing more than just a name change and an update on the cell phones. This all sounds like the same exact thing as KP, just with a more current theme that hooks with this generation. I'm proud that Disney has stepped up and updated the game. KP is dated, boys and girls. But that doesnt mean the magic of the interactivity is gone. Its still gonna be the same adventure just with a new ally.

invader

Bleh, Phineas and Ferb is such an overrated show. It's only considered "good" because of all of the other crap on TV.

bhg469

I think its pretty bad too but if the attraction gets a refresh I'm all for it. Sorcerers is really not nearly as good and I want more of this type of attraction around for years to come.

Cosmic Commando

You mean other than: Mulan, Snow White, Jasmine and Aladdin, Belle, Beast and Sleeping Beauty, Alice and Mary Poppins and of course Kim. ( did I miss any )

Andy
Only Genie, Marie, the Pooh characters, Donald in Mexico and all those random characters that show up at that backstage access corridor near the American Adventure. No characters in World Showcase ;)

I-4Warrior

I'm actually pretty geeked about this... the writing on P&F is extremely sharp and inspired for a kids show. A welcome change/addition to World Showcase, but then again, I look forward to changes in the parks.

Ralphlaw

Ok, I need to understand this.....why? The Kim Possible Adventure thing was actually kind of cool and this seems like nothing more than an unnecessary replacement.

I see both viewpoints, and it's interesting that the only KimPossible thing my family and I ever did was in Epcot. We never watched the show, we had no merch, etc. . . Kim Possible for us had its own niche with scavenger hunting at World Showcase. It was uniquely WS, and a part of our vacation that was never diluted by our day to day lives. In that respect, it was a cool part of our vacation, and our lives.

Yet the characters never resonated. The villain(s), especially, meant nothing to us. We are looking forward to the change because we love P&F; and Dr. D, Major Monogram, Carl, and Agent P will come alive a little more. Yes, I will miss Kim and the gang, but the decision makes great sense to attract more people with kids to WS, to add delight with familiar characters and villains, and to sharpen the writing a bit. Face it, the KimP writing was pretty forgettable, "Oh no, he (some villain I never heard of) got away." I can't imagine that the P&F crew will allow the writing to be so routine, and I especially look forward to future episodes of the actual show taking place in Norway, Morocco, and other WS locations to link it all up.

And long term, P&F could expand to the Future World pavilions as well. With a great and popular theme like P&F, investing in such an expansion of a glowing meteorite at Mission Space, a peeking dinosaur at Universe of Energy, and an unusual fish at the Seas makes sense.

Yet I will, in some way, miss that unique place that KimP had for my family in WS. Oh well, move forward. Like Mr. Toad, the theme no longer resonated, so a change was in order despite the protests of those seeking nostalgia. Some day my family too will reminisce about the lost KimP, but know in our hearts that our memory of it is probably better than the real thing ever was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom