Kilimanjaro Safaris tilting bridge is back!

Disco Yeti

Original Poster
I have it on good authority that the so-called "tilting bridge" effect (where the bridge feels like it's breaking underneath your truck) has at long last returned to Kilimanjaro Safaris, starting today.

However, there are a few issues still. More details to come...

Disco Yeti

Original Poster
I'm not sure how long it's been out of order, but it's been a while. Many months, at least.

The story I'm hearing is that it was a technical problem, but I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say on that.

What I do know is that it's apparently been fixed for a little while but was turned off until the latest batch of CPs got trained.

Also turned off? The poacher gunshots. I'm hearing they may not return.

Tilting bridge is now back, though. However, the original sensor system (designed only to work with the giant trucks) combined with the new changes to the ride (putting other kinds of vehicles on the path for Adventure Safaris and such) mean that the effect will be auto-disabled for some guests riding the regular safaris. So unless something changes, for now it will be potluck whether you get the effect or not in your safari.

Heck, potluck would be an improvement for another certain ride... :lookaroun

B. Mode
The Disco Yeti

WDW FTW

I havent been in quite awhile but seems like the bridge was working last time I went.

I noticed your signature and i was in wdw last during december of 09/ jan10
and the effect was working if i remember correctly, but i was dissapointed when i heard it was removed/malfunctioning a few months ago.

Chape19714

I'm not sure how long it's been out of order, but it's been a while. Many months, at least.

The story I'm hearing is that it was a technical problem, but I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say on that.

What I do know is that it's apparently been fixed for a little while but was turned off until the latest batch of CPs got trained.

Also turned off? The poacher gunshots. I'm hearing they may not return.

Tilting bridge is now back, though. However, the original sensor system (designed only to work with the giant trucks) combined with the new changes to the ride (putting other kinds of vehicles on the path for Adventure Safaris and such) mean that the effect will be auto-disabled for some guests riding the regular safaris. So unless something changes, for now it will be potluck whether you get the effect or not in your safari.

Heck, potluck would be an improvement for another certain ride... :lookaroun

B. Mode
The Disco Yeti
The effect was originally designed to be a pot-luck feature. It's one of the details that made each safari different.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
It was always "pot-luck". There was a timer that stopped it from shaking if the previous truck was too recent. Partly to keep passengers seeing the truck ahead of them getting the effect and then getting it themselves.

MotherOfBirds

What about the Jeeps in the chase section of the safari? Every time we get to that part of the ride, I look on the right and see the cleared path where the track for the Jeeps is, but alas, the poachermobiles are missing :( There seems to be quite a bit that's been changed/removed from KS.

Disco Yeti

Original Poster
It was always "pot-luck". There was a timer that stopped it from shaking if the previous truck was too recent. Partly to keep passengers seeing the truck ahead of them getting the effect and then getting it themselves.

This is true. What I meant was that it will now be less frequent than before. So say my lion friends. They may be lazy, but they're usually right.

RSoxNo1

What about the Jeeps in the chase section of the safari? Every time we get to that part of the ride, I look on the right and see the cleared path where the track for the Jeeps is, but alas, the poachermobiles are missing :( There seems to be quite a bit that's been changed/removed from KS.

My understanding is that this has broken and they didn't bother to fix it.

Alektronic

The Jeep was removed years ago, and is never coming back,

jakeman

My understanding is that this has broken and they didn't bother to fix it.
It was an effect that was struck by lightning almost daily in the summers.

As for the bridge, it is up to the drivers to ensure their spacing is adequate to meet the time reset requirement.

The original intent was that every truck would get the bridge unless it was a wheelchair truck.

Alektronic

The effect was originally designed to be a pot-luck feature. It's one of the details that made each safari different.

No, it wasn't designed that way. But it seems like it happened that way because of the safari drivers, they supposed to keep the same distance interval and same speed and it works fine.

wolf359

This is an effect I would prefer to be random.

Because the live animal sightings on the Safari are so random, all of the "scripted" elements Disney put in stand out so much more when they appear on subsequent trips. It's the same reason I'm glad they've significantly relaxed the poacher storyline over the years too.

In this particular case it's okay to have to drive carefully over a rickety bridge, but when the bridge "almost" collapses every time it spoils the effect.

SeaCastle

At least the geyser area is working again. I can't remember when it was disabled, but it was nice to see it back this August.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom