Kids sitting alone on rides

Andrew M

We use single rider lines with our kids I go first and just wait on the rest after the ride. Works great and sometimes. We still ride together. When we don’t have a fast pass and the line is a bit long. Single rider is great. Rock n rollercoaster especially.

Yep! We've done the same on Test Track and almost always end up sitting together. But shhh.. that might be considered cheating.

ninjaprincesst

I need to vomit. Seriously. Don’t take yourself so.....serious. It is not gaming the system. It is simply doing what folks are allowed to do. The sun will come up tomorrow. I promise.
I’d love to share how you can “game” fast pass plus. But I’m afraid you’d have a coronary. Lol. So I’ll leave that my self. Lol. Oh and our family uses single rider lines where ever possible. Especially DL. And you know we almost always still ride together. The horror of that But even if we get split up. So what. It beats waiting.
And me personally I would much rather see the 9 year old get to ride twice than have the 10 person brigade of "my family is at the front of the line" cutting in front of me.

Dave B

Yes. While they are ok with the kids being in front of you together on the spinning rides like Aladdin, you can’t do that on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Everest, Slinky Dog, Splash, Barnstormer, or any other thrill ride I’m not thinking of where only two sit in a row. An adult must be in the same row as any child under 7. Big Thunder allows 3 in a row. Test Track, Soarin, ToT, Star Tours, Kali, and Dinosaur are also fine.
I do not believe they really look at age on those rides, its more about Height, they will get measured, if tall enough, good to go, I have never seen someone asked their age to get on a ride, just their height

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

Someone w

ill yell at you for this, I got berated on these boards , good job though
Dave the funny thing about these boards, and great thing is you and disneyfireman can totally disagree with me on another subject and then we can agree on something here. Single rider lines are that, I actually have tried them in the past with my wife when we went with other people that stayed with our kids, and yeah sometimes you save a ton of time but I have seen it backfire too. It is certainly in the rules to do it though. As for rider swap the CMs have always encouraged us to have our daughter ride again with the other parent that waited with her younger sibling, and sometimes she does, sometimes she says once was enough lol.

Trackmaster

I think it would be kind of cool if Disney got to the point that they emphasized the reservation so much that a stand-by line was like a true stand-by situation - you were in line at the convenience at the park. Meaning that it was a filler line for the FP holders. You were pulled in to plug in seats after FP loaded, and were not guaranteed to sit with your party. Would guarantee that every train went out full, and would emphasize to people that Disney is trying to push the reservation system.

But they'd also want to tweak the FP system so that it was less of a game, and more practical for everyone to realistically get more rides in. I could see a hybrid where you were able to book slots online ahead of time, but also were able to get tickets by walking there and coming back like the old days.

Club Cooloholic

The only time i have a issue with kids riding alone, is when there is a big panic at loading, suddenly a child doesn't want to ride alone. Having a kid ride the ride with the family first should always be the rule to make sure they know what it is and if they would want to ride it alone.

Trackmaster

The only time i have a issue with kids riding alone, is when there is a big panic at loading, suddenly a child doesn't want to ride alone. Having a kid ride the ride with the family first should always be the rule to make sure they know what it is and if they would want to ride it alone.

I could also see Disney benefiting from a double rider line too. The parties get so big at theme parks that it can even be a challenge to find two guests to fill a slot if the party is being stubborn about being split up. So they can plan to give single, double, or 3+ as parallel separate lines when entering stand-by. That would solve the problem of spooked kids. They could at least be guaranteed to have one chaperon.

Trackmaster

Yep! We've done the same on Test Track and almost always end up sitting together. But shhh.. that might be considered cheating.

I don't think its cheating if you gave the CM's an honest good faith effort to split you up, but they didn't have to. You're only abusing the system and causing a problem if you try to argue with them in line about being split up, or request to sit together. The SRL is supposed to be quick and business-like, and you trade a much shorter line for understanding that you're there at the convenience of the park. If you're making life more difficult for the staff, you're defeating its purpose, but if my coincidence, you get to sit with a friend, then great. As I said above, it might be smart to have a double rider line too -- and for that one, they would want to let some through too periodically even when not needed just to make the wait competitive.

NeedMoreMickey

My sister solved the whole who rides, who sits.... by taking along our 13 yr. old niece. Did add a little extra cost but it was much easier to figure out everything.

ToTBellHop

I do not believe they really look at age on those rides, its more about Height, they will get measured, if tall enough, good to go, I have never seen someone asked their age to get on a ride, just their height
I’ve seen people asked and denied boarding.

disneyfireman

They have never gave us an issue with riding alone...as long as the kid is tall enough....they are fine. My son ride space at 4 for the first time....BARLEY tall enough..i mean if it wasn't for shoes he'd been too short..lol He wanted the front all to himself...he got it. we spaced out the family so no one was behind him..it was his big boy moment...loved it.

Andrew Appleby

We were there last year and our two children aged 5 & 6 sat next to each other on EE with us behind them, wasn't a problem at all.

Amusingly we also did Universal during the trip and went on Cat in the Hat where they refused to let the our kids sit next to each other with us behind!

Club Cooloholic

We were there last year and our two children aged 5 & 6 sat next to each other on EE with us behind them, wasn't a problem at all.

Amusingly we also did Universal during the trip and went on Cat in the Hat where they refused to let the our kids sit next to each other with us behind!
That cat in the hat height restriction is nuts. They have a few odd ones there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom