Kids sitting alone on rides

ndwatso

Original Poster
I;m trying to plan out our FP+ and Rider Swap arrangements and have realized there may be some issues. I've read that Disney does not allow kids under 7 to ride alone and they must be with someone over 13. So here's my question. Which rides are going to be the biggest problems in my situation(at all 4 parks)?

4 kids 2 parents
kids: 9yo, 6yo, 4yo, 18months(rider swap kid)
The 9/6 can go on nearly all rides, the 4yo will not be able to go on 44" and above.

We would be fine(the kids would be as well) with the 9/6yo being together and adult/4yo together on rides where we can have 4 (Barnstormer, Slinky, ect...)

justintheharris

I;m trying to plan out our FP+ and Rider Swap arrangements and have realized there may be some issues. I've read that Disney does not allow kids under 7 to ride alone and they must be with someone over 13. So here's my question. Which rides are going to be the biggest problems in my situation(at all 4 parks)?

4 kids 2 parents
kids: 9yo, 6yo, 4yo, 18months(rider swap kid)
The 9/6 can go on nearly all rides, the 4yo will not be able to go on 44" and above.

We would be fine(the kids would be as well) with the 9/6yo being together and adult/4yo together on rides where we can have 4 (Barnstormer, Slinky, ect...)
I don't know if I'm reading this right. What exactly is your concern? It seems as if you answer your own question by saying you can do rider swap on rides. If you're referring to Disney requiring someone be 14 years or older, I'm fairly certain that they just mean the parent must be able to visually see their children while riding such as just being in the same ride vehicle... Right? Someone else correct me if I'm wrong?

justintheharris

Let me simplify. Are there any rides where taking 2 kids under 7 with 1 adult are a problem?
I'm pretty sure that isn't an issue. Perhaps I'm not the best person to answer as I do not have children but I've always understood Disney's policy to be targeted at having adults supervise their kids. I did a little research on the internet and it said that the adult needs to be in the same ride vehicle. I'm hoping someone else will reply and affirm that or be able to give you more information. But my judgement is that if the adult is sitting right behind them, they should be okay.

ToTBellHop

Let me simplify. Are there any rides where taking 2 kids under 7 with 1 adult are a problem?
Yes. While they are ok with the kids being in front of you together on the spinning rides like Aladdin, you can’t do that on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Everest, Slinky Dog, Splash, Barnstormer, or any other thrill ride I’m not thinking of where only two sit in a row. An adult must be in the same row as any child under 7. Big Thunder allows 3 in a row. Test Track, Soarin, ToT, Star Tours, Kali, and Dinosaur are also fine.

nickys

Premium Member
Yes. While they are ok with the kids being in front of you together on the spinning rides like Aladdin, you can’t do that on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Everest, Slinky Dog, Splash, Barnstormer, or any other thrill ride I’m not thinking of where only two sit in a row. An adult must be in the same row as any child under 7. Big Thunder allows 3 in a row. Test Track, Soarin, ToT, Star Tours, Kali, and Dinosaur are also fine.

So what you will need to do is do a rider switch for each of the rides @MansionButler84 listed. The 9 yr old will be able to ride twice, sitting on their own, but the 6yo and 4yo will only be able to ride once.

dhslxop

Disney's policy is that if a child is under the age of 7, they must be with someone who is over the age of 14. There are rides where the supervising adult must be next to the child - not just where they can "visually" see them (i.e. in a row in front of them or in the same ride vehicle).

thomas998

So what you will need to do is do a rider switch for each of the rides @MansionButler84 listed. The 9 yr old will be able to ride twice, sitting on their own, but the 6yo and 4yo will only be able to ride once.
Why would the 9 year old ride twice? first time Mom stays with the baby, Dad rides with the 6 year old. Second time Dad stays and mom rides with the 4 year old. The 9 year old gets to ride it when either Mom or Dad rides but not twice. All you accomplish by trying to get the 9 year old on twice is to slow the lines down for other people, no reason for the 9 year old to ride twice.

nickys

Premium Member
Why would the 9 year old ride twice? first time Mom stays with the baby, Dad rides with the 6 year old. Second time Dad stays and mom rides with the 4 year old. The 9 year old gets to ride it when either Mom or Dad rides but not twice. All you accomplish by trying to get the 9 year old on twice is to slow the lines down for other people, no reason for the 9 year old to ride twice.

With rider switch, up to three people can ride the second time. It means that if there are just 2 kids who can ride, they can ride with both Mom and Dad. Always been like that. These days, they will add the switch to up to 3 magic bands.

tallica

Fun killer:rolleyes: the family has to take 2x time to all ride one, at least both parents will be able share the experience and joy with one of their kids!

nickys

Premium Member
Disney's policy is that if a child is under the age of 7, they must be with someone who is over the age of 14. There are rides where the supervising adult must be next to the child - not just where they can "visually" see them (i.e. in a row in front of them or in the same ride vehicle).

Wouldn’t work for Space Mountain, or Splash at DL. Those are both single seater, so there must be exceptions or no one under 7 would be able to ride them.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Most ride seats are wide enough to accommodate a parent with two small children.

ndwatso

Original Poster
Thanks Mansion, so it look like the biggest issues you mentioned(I couldn't find any others either): 7DMT, Slinky, Barn, Splash, TLSpeedway?

or maybe since he'll be almost 7 by then, he could just be "7" for those rides. ;-)

Everest(4yo isn't big enough)

Next question on RiderSwap then. Does the Rider Swap FP+ allow you to have 2 of the same ride on your band?
Since I cannot ride with my 4 y/o and 6y/o at the same time I would rider swap when my wife went on(stay back with the 6yo), but then still have my original FP+ and then take the other child(4yo) right after?

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks Mansion, so it look like the biggest issues you mentioned(I couldn't find any others either): 7DMT, Slinky, Barn, Splash, TLSpeedway?

or maybe since he'll be almost 7 by then, he could just be "7" for those rides. ;-)

Everest(4yo isn't big enough)

Next question on RiderSwap then. Does the Rider Swap FP+ allow you to have 2 of the same ride on your band?
Since I cannot ride with my 4 y/o and 6y/o at the same time I would rider swap when my wife went on(stay back with the 6yo), but then still have my original FP+ and then take the other child(4yo) right after?

You approach the CM. If you have an FP, they simply add the switch to the bands of those who will ride second. Then those with the FP enter the FP line. When you come out, those with the RS on their bands use it as an FP.

If you do RS without an FP, it’s the same process except that the first group enter through the stand-by line. The second group go through the FP line.

So those with the FP ride first. Then those with the RS.

ndwatso

Original Poster
You approach the CM. If you have an FP, they simply add the switch to the bands of those who will ride second. Then those with the FP enter the FP line. When you come out, those with the RS on their bands use it as an FP.

If you do RS without an FP, it’s the same process except that the first group enter through the stand-by line. The second group go through the FP line.

So those with the FP ride first. Then those with the RS.
Correct, but my question is this:
Will this work on the bands?

Mom has slinky FP, Dad has slinky FP.....Kids each have theirs.
M, Kid A, Kid B go (using FP)
D, Kid A, Kid B go(using rider swap)
D, Kid C (go using FP)
M, Kid C, Kid B(go using rider swap)

Kid A is the 9yo
B=6yo
C=4yo
This would mean that after Mom went Dad would get the FP+ rider swap added and have two for the same ride?

ndwatso

Original Poster
Correct, but my question is this:
Will this work on the bands?

Mom has slinky FP, Dad has slinky FP.....Kids each have theirs.
M, Kid A, Kid B go (using FP)
D, Kid A, Kid B go(using rider swap)
D, Kid C (go using FP)
M, Kid C, Kid B(go using rider swap)

Kid A is the 9yo
B=6yo
C=4yo
This would mean that after Mom went Dad would get the FP+ rider swap added and have two for the same ride?

So follow up to that, which would come of the band first? The FP+ or the rider swap?

mololy

Responding to your alone on ride questions, I would just make sure your 9 year old is aware that they will be sitting by themselves and potentially in a different ride vehicle. When I was in line for Aliens Swirling Saucer the family in front of us was 1 parent with 3 younger kids. Since 4 can not fit into the ride vehicle the cast member asked the oldest child (after confirming ages) if they would sit by themselves, which he did not want to do, and he could not sit with one of his siblings as they were too young. They ended up having to get out of line to find the other parent to ride the ride with the oldest child. (They were let back in the exit, but just a situation I witnessed)

For your rider swap question, I believe you must present all fast passes prior to using the rider swap. So if you're using the rider swap and using the fastpass line, all members of the party must first scan their fastpass and then you get the rider swaps. So in this example if you have 5 fastpasses for space mountatin you would scan your fastpasses to receive your rider swap, and then be able to have M, Kid B, Kid C. D, Kid A, Kid B. However, I haven't used the rider swap system so I am not positive that this is fully accurate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom