kids menu

sallysan

Original Poster
We are hoping to visit Disney World in January and are therefore lucky to be able to take advantage of the free dining plan. My only concern is that my oldest son will be 9 and so will be required to order off the kids menu. He has a good appetite and enjoys a varied diet at home and so the limited options offered to the children may be a problem. Does anyone know if i can pay the difference to upgrade him to the adult plan? If not, do you have any suggestions of more apropriate places for him to eat. He has enjoyed the meals at ohanas, bome and wilderness lodge on previous visits. Thankyou for any advice.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
We are hoping to visit Disney World in January and are therefore lucky to be able to take advantage of the free dining plan. My only concern is that my oldest son will be 9 and so will be required to order off the kids menu. He has a good appetite and enjoys a varied diet at home and so the limited options offered to the children may be a problem. Does anyone know if i can pay the difference to upgrade him to the adult plan? If not, do you have any suggestions of more apropriate places for him to eat. He has enjoyed the meals at ohanas, bome and wilderness lodge on previous visits. Thankyou for any advice.

Le Cellier, Biergarten, California Grill great variety even on any kids menus!

And i cant be sure but i dont think you can upgrade him

powlessfamily4

What??? You have a child who prefers more than chicken nuggets and fries? Good for you!! My kids were also the type to try a lot of new foods. I say pay the extra if you have to. If your child is willing to eat veggies and meat that is not processed you should make sure it is available for him. :)

mickeysshoes

China would be a good place to try also! The best thing to do is to talk to your server and see if they will work with you. Most of them (not all) are willing to please and will make any changes to please all. I am not sure about upgrading from a child plan to adult. I would call Disney and ask them what they can do for you. Good Luck!!

mickey's mamu

I had this exact same problem when booking our trip with our grandchildren for this September on the free dining promotion. Our grandson will be 10 in December, and I knew he would not be happy with the offerings on the child's menu. What I decided to do was list his age as 10 so he would be considered an adult. Of course this meant paying the adult price for his 7-day pass as well, but I decided it would be worth the difference. I could see us ordering extra food for him, because I knew he wouldn't be satisfied (he's a big eater and likes EVERYTHING).

Now if you have already booked and paid for your trip, I'm not sure if you can change his age at this point. I would definitely call Disney and ask if it is possible and what the difference would be. For us, it was worth it.

Good Luck and have a Magical Trip

Please let us know if you call Disney and get a definite answer. We will be going Sept 2012 and my daughter will finally be considered and adult and is very excited about being able to order off the adult menu but my son will be 9 1/2 and is already upset that his big sis will be getting the good meals. Yeah, I've heard of people putting in an adult age but I'm just curious if there's another option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom