Kid in the Passenger Seat of a Safari Truck...

Monsoon Man

Original Poster
I just got back from my vacation and I've never posted here before, but I had to mention this because I've never heard anyone talking about it before.

The last day of my vacation (Friday) I was got onto Kilimanjaro Safaris and there was a kid sitting in the front seat of the truck. The one next to the driver. The driver said it was a magical moment. Has anyone else seen this?

Chape19714

I've never seen this, but I don't doubt it. It could be something done more regularly for the new promotion. Any Safari Driver on here know? I know one or 2 post on here.

juan

i think it is something disney should start doing more often
currently at busch gardens, there is one kid chosen for each and every ride to sit next to the driver

metscool

Welcome to the boards. I am Mike.

I think it is all about the new Celbration that Disney is doing. It is called the Year of a Million Dreams.

dandaman

i think it is something disney should start doing more often
currently at busch gardens, there is one kid chosen for each and every ride to sit next to the driver

The kid on our safari (Rhino Rally, FYI) last month was hilarious. He was supposed to be the navigator.

"You mean to tell me you can't find us on a map?! It's Zimbabwe! There's only three roads!"

"We're not even on the road!!"

"Ah, yes... suppose I have to give you credit for that."

:lol:

I agree, Kilimanjaro should do something more like that!

dandaman

Well, since I've done KS so many times now... I'd actually go with Rhino Rally. Not for the animals (you go a bit too fast to enjoy the wildlife), but because of all the surprises I got, including the bridge-breaking-off-into-a-pontoon, "OMG-we're-floating-down-the-river-of-doom" part. :lookaroun :D

the-reason14

haha that kid sounds like a character...I've never done Kilimanjaro safari's...whats better Rhino Rally or that?

Ive heard many people say that KS is better, but from what I saw on the travel channel, RR looks better. I think RR looks more thrilling, and I heard many people say that KS was better because it was longer or something along those lines.

DisneySaint

There was actually a MM today on the Epcot parking lot tram. Essentially this consists of them just announcing your name over the PA. :p

metscool

There was actually a MM today on the Epcot parking lot tram. Essentially this consists of them just announcing your name over the PA. :p
It is like you guys over at Sorin' the other day when I was there they let some kid making the announment over the PA before the video.

Figment1986

Ive heard many people say that KS is better, but from what I saw on the travel channel, RR looks better. I think RR looks more thrilling, and I heard many people say that KS was better because it was longer or something along those lines.

Rhino Rally may look better.. but how old is that footage... :lookaroun

imagineersrock

Yup, I actually referred to this in a post the other day. It's one of our awesome new "magical moments" for the upcoming celebration. The one you saw is called "Junior Safari Guide" where a random child as you saw gets picked to ride up front with the driver... The driver interacts with the kid throughout the safari--who spots the animals and tells the driver what they see through their pair of binoculars that we provide and they get to take home with them!

There are several other new magical moments (big and small) being designed for the safaris as well. Can't wait 'til Sunday when it all becomes official!

At innoventions we're doing magical moments as well. Over at Underwriters Laboratory or "UL" as we like to dub it or even "headache central." LOL We're doing one every hour! We're randomly selecting a child every hour to be our "junior lab assistant" They get to wear the goggles and lab coat and go around with us testing three of the 5 sections that UL has. We tell them to test out the shatter lab (where the tv is) We go ask them to jump on the doors to see if they slam and then we ask them to do the Marquee (overloading of the circuits) Then we ask them if each of them worked, how many times they tested it and they all write it down in this neat "checklist" that has the name of the venue and such. When they complete it, we give them a magical moments certificate!! It's loads of fun.....

Untill parents ask us "what's a magical moment, is it free and do they get something at the end of it?"

>_>; Seriously, it's the experience itself woman. Don't expect free icecream or stuff. Besides, it's for your child, not you.

But yeah, we do that over in UL and we also do something at Toon Tag, but I haven't gotten a chance to do that yet. I think we let the child be pur assistant announcer and gets to help the kids play toon tag and press a few buttons here and there. =D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom