Kicked off the bus!

ladydancer

Original Poster
When we were @ Downtown Disney a few years ago we boarded a bus to take us back to All Star Movies. It was around 10:00 pm with 2 children 4 and 7 years old, whom were very tired. We didn't get very far when the bus driver pulled over to a bus stop and demanded EVERY one get off the bus. No explanation! The bus was full. So here we are with 2 tired kids and people standing around asking each other "what happened"? Of course everyone was very upset. Every bus that stopped could only pick up a few passengers as they were almost full. We stood there for about an hour before we could board another bus. I called when I got back to our room to complain. I know there had to been others that complain also as people were pretty mad about the situation. I never heard anything from WDW. It would have been nice to have gotten some kind of response.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any problem with the transportation people beside me.

ISTCrew20

Wow...thats crazy..I have never had that problem...EVER...If I did, I would make sure Disney knew about it. I would be EXTREMELY upset...espicially if the guy yelled at us to get off, then drove away..I would personally make sure Disney knew about it, and something was done about it

BwanaBob

ladydancer....you wern't abandoned on the side of the road, were you? Or did she stop at a "pick-up/drop-off" site that was out of the way?

mickhyperion

I just returned from WDW last week and I have to say that there was a definite difference in bus driver attitude this trip compared to previous trips... even just six months ago. Most drivers were surly and even mean, drove like absolute maniacs around curves and on the highways, and overall reminded me more of the city bus drivers I put up with in Seattle rather than Disney bus drivers. I don't know if they are just overworked or underpaid, but they really seemed to have a chip on their shoulders. I can't say that I ran into a single pleasant driver this trip. Perhaps Disney is recruiting Mears drivers these days. I was so happy to get to the Yacht Club the last few days of my trip so that I could avoid the buses completely.

dalton30720

During our trip in April of 2000, we had a WDW bus driver that pulled off the road and quit. He had been having an argument over the radio with someone (possibly a manager). He finally pulled over, told us all goodbye and walked away. We got on the radio and asked for help. About 20 minutes later, another bus pulled up with another driver for us. It was all very interesting.

ISTCrew20

OMG!!!...This is crazy...I have never had an experience like that on a bus. Most bus drivers, with the exception of a couple, who yell at me for standing over the yellow line, which I can understand, had never ended up yelling or being crazy like that. Believe me, if some driver leaves the group of people from the bus I happen to be on, on the side of the rode...we going bus tippin

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
hmmm... I'm gonna step out on a limb here and say he was a superseniority teamster steward bus driver who knew his contract very well and knew his shift was ending soon so rather than risk working for free, he would rather inconvenience guests and get home to watch Conan.

But thats what I think... and it's still unexcusable

Eljay

I had a loony-toon bus driver last year who went off proudly telling us how many people he had thrown off his bus or refused service to. He had a thing about anyone who seemed to have had a few cocktails. Would he rather that they DRIVE!!! I remember thinking, whoa - this guy's a loose cannon. He was young too - maybe 25.

aim

Whoa! This is crazy! I for one would have called Disney and made sure they knew about what happened!!!!! One bus driver closed to door on my sister. Luckily, she didn't get hurt though. But that was a bad night for busses (at least for us it seemed). We had to wait over an hour at the Wilderness Lodge for a bus. We originially wanted a bus to Fort Wilderness, but took the first one that came.

mkepcotmgmak

when i was on the wdwcp - there was a CRAZY female bus driver... icannot remember her name for ANYTHING - anyway- she didn't work for disney (disney busses don't work the cp)- but she USED to work for disney... anyway - she was CRAZY - but so damn funny!
she knew her disney too... but on days i was really tired i didn't take her bus... because she liked to go OUT OF THE WAY to show you neat things... they were neat... the first, second and third time... but... she was cool!!

Invero

Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak
when i was on the wdwcp - there was a CRAZY female bus driver... icannot remember her name for ANYTHING - anyway- she didn't work for disney (disney busses don't work the cp)- but she USED to work for disney... anyway - she was CRAZY - but so damn funny!

Was it Bonnie?

Invero

Originally posted by ladydancer
When we were @ Downtown Disney a few years ago we boarded a bus to take us back to All Star Movies. It was around 10:00 pm with 2 children 4 and 7 years old, whom were very tired. We didn't get very far when the bus driver pulled over to a bus stop and demanded EVERY one get off the bus. No explanation! The bus was full. So here we are with 2 tired kids and people standing around asking each other "what happened"? Of course everyone was very upset. Every bus that stopped could only pick up a few passengers as they were almost full. We stood there for about an hour before we could board another bus. I called when I got back to our room to complain. I know there had to been others that complain also as people were pretty mad about the situation. I never heard anything from WDW. It would have been nice to have gotten some kind of response.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any problem with the transportation people beside me.

I have no clue about that situation, but the bus could have been having a technical problem. Check Engine, Stop Engine, Transmission problems... could be a variety of things that would require deadheading the bus and taking it to maintenance.

westie

I coould see if it was the last bus of the night coming from PI but, no explanation? That sounds like a free stuffed animal for getting stiffed to me situastion!:mad:

shari71

We have stayed at POR many times without much problem with the busing system. This year we stayed at the GF and it was horrible. It was nothing to wait an hour or more for a bus and then to be crammed on because they service three hotels and only have one bus for the round. Almost afraid to go back to POR if this is the new system. Bus drivers were always friendly in the past but the ones this trip were downright rude. Try getting off a bus that is packed with two sleeping kids and a stroller and the driver will not open the back door....basically we had to unload the bus because he was being a crab about opening the doors.

niteobsrvr

Rules to follow while on the bus:

1. Remain seated unless you are standing and then Hold onto the poles. A lot of the busses are 15 to 20 years old and what may seem like bad driving is actually just the bus itself.

2. No Eating, Drinking or Smoking. These are local health rules. If you have ever seen a bus infested with roaches you would understand why.

3. Strollers must be folded. Its a federal law that can cost a driver his job and or license if something were to happen. Sleeping Children are not a sufficient reason to not have to remove them and fold a stroller.

4. Don't allow you or your children to move around on a bus once it leaves a bus stop. To further clarify, a redlight is also not a time to have children move on the bus because it can resume motion at any time.

5. Do not talk to the driver or expect him to sing or tell jokes while the bus is in motion. This is also a federal law. If something were to happen like an accident and the investigators were to find out the driver was talking, he or she could end up losing their job and license and possibly end up in a lengthy and expensive court situation.

6 THE BACK DOOR - IT IS AN EXIT ONLY except for a guest using a mobility device and their family. The family is allowed to enter with the guest in the mobility device so that they may all stay together. If a driver chooses not to open the back door, it could be becasue of a mechanical issue with it. It also could be that there is a large crowd waiting outside to board and he knows that if he opens it people will begin to enter that way instead of waiting in line to come through the front. You would not believe how ugly it can get if a family does enter out of turn through the back door as the guest who have been waiting come through the front and find the family who snuck on the back took the last seats. That is why in some situations the driver will make the people who came in the back get back off the bus and wait in line as they were suppsoed to.

The drivers are there for one thing and thats to safely, courteously and efficiently move the guests from point A to point B. The entertainment portion of your stay at Disney lies within your resort and the parks. Disney World may not have a big city rush hour situation, but it does have a reasonable amount of traffic that is often unpredictable. Often times, half the cars on the road are lost and the other half know exactly where they are going and are exceeding the speedlimit by 15 to 20 mph to get there. Monitoring all of this activity while operating a 40 foot, 20 ton vehicle carrying up to 80 people (and monitoring them too) is not an easy job.

ladydancer

Original Poster
Re: Re: Kicked off the bus!

Originally posted by Invero
I have no clue about that situation, but the bus could have been having a technical problem. Check Engine, Stop Engine, Transmission problems... could be a variety of things that would require deadheading the bus and taking it to maintenance.

That would be perfectly understandable. She gave no explanation. I think if that were the case, she could have at least made some kind of announcement. We didn't deserve an explanation?

I'm more upset with the fact I didn't get an acknowledgement from someone at WDW.

Invero

Re: Re: Re: Kicked off the bus!

Originally posted by ladydancer
That would be perfectly understandable. She gave no explanation. I think if that were the case, she could have at least made some kind of announcement. We didn't deserve an explanation?

I'm more upset with the fact I didn't get an acknowledgement from someone at WDW.

That is odd that there was no explanation given. Usually when my Nova takes a dump, I tell my guests that it's running Windows 95. They all get a kick out of that.

Perhaps it was a new driver, and she got flustered? Or she didn't speak much English? (don't even get me started on that one... lol) I wish I knew, but you are correct, you did deserve some form of an explanation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom