Keys to the Kingdom Tour Yes, See the tunnel NO!

Skipper Timekpr

Original Poster
Some CM's and I had a discussion and we all agreed the Keys to the Kingdom Tour does provide very interested guests with a behind the scenes look of how we make our magic (part of it being the CM's themselves). But when I brought up the question of whether or not we should allow guests into the tunnels and backstage the response was a unanimous NO! I happen to agree, I personally think that allowing guests into the utilidoor cheapens the product, the name, and risks the safety of guests and CM's alike.

Thespis

Going into the Utilidors was the main reason I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour. I suspect that I'm not the only one...

SusanAnne

I was just wondering after reading your post, How are the utilitors dangerous? I would love to take that tour! -Thanks

Wishingtree

I took the Keys tour about 2 years ago. I thought it was a great tour and very informative but I have to agree with you. Seeing the parade staging area and the costuming departments was cool but the trash removal system and area behind Splash Mountain could be avoided. I also believe that the CM's deserve better than trying to get past a bunch of wandering tourists after a show in over 95 degree heat.

But as long as people will pay to see it, I'm sure that this tour and others like it will continue.

Jim

cm1988

C'mon down

Never thought the Keys to the Kingdom guests were "in the way" in the utilitors. These are usually just 15-20 people, and cast is most likely to encounter them late a.m. near "Cafe Fantasie" and cash control... being shown the map... where the hallways are really wide.

The larger groups going through utilidors are Traditions (new Cast Members). Never found them to be a problem either!

If you are the kind of person who takes things apart just to see how they work, you may want to consider one of these tours. Enjoy!

The route for Keys to the Kingdom actually goes under Main Street and above now. No longer does it go under the castle. The rest of the route is pretty much the same.

They show the scheduling office, payroll, basic concept of the utilidor, talk about the AVAC system ect. They then go into the entertainment offices above caseys and back behind MO-7 by the patio and such.

Maria

Originally posted by Skipper Timekpr
Some CM's and I had a discussion and we all agreed the Keys to the Kingdom Tour does provide very interested guests with a behind the scenes look of how we make our magic (part of it being the CM's themselves). But when I brought up the question of whether or not we should allow guests into the tunnels and backstage the response was a unanimous NO! I happen to agree, I personally think that allowing guests into the utilidoor cheapens the product, the name, and risks the safety of guests and CM's alike.

As a former CM, I agree with you, but doubt it will be canceled since I am guessing the majority of people pay for it to see the utilidoors. ;)

Javier&Christie

sorry, but I've always been curious as to "how things work" and what goes on back stage at Disney.. probably over 50% of the reason i'm taking the tour this weekend is to see the utilidors...

oh well.... i'll make sure not to get in your way back there. :rolleyes:

spcl99

Even though I have never taken the tour, I feel that I would be more enticed to work as a CM to find out about some of the "disney magic" rather than experience it as a guest. I guess it's just the curiosity of it all.

-- Dave

" If you can dare to see, you can dare to dream."
-- Jasmine Ashli

Justin149

i tok the keys to the kingdom tour on my last trip, and i can honestly say it was one of the most rewarding experiences of my trip. It was informative,yet entertaining. Anyone who is interested for working for disney, or just a disney nut should take this tour. I couldnt recommend it more.

on a personal note my tour guide was the biggest disney fanatic i've ever met, and it was alot of fun arguing about some rides and Universal with him.

-Justin-

SMCM

As a cast member, the utilidor tour doesn't bother me any. I think it is kind of neat to see people down there who are actually excited to be there. :cool:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
ahh... the ruin the magic tour... I love hekling the tourists..

Irrawaddy Erik

its when they bring a huge KttK tour through costuming and needless to say they allways go to window four (my window) to show them how costuming works......one time i basicly had to act as Moses parting the guest sea to get a costume....then they look at you like you have a third head or something when you pass them.....just dont like the idea of showing the behind the magic

ERiK
Toontown/Fantasyland Attractions/Opperations

Maria

Originally posted by hmppan
its when they bring a huge KttK tour through costuming and needless to say they allways go to window four (my window) to show them how costuming works......one time i basicly had to act as Moses parting the guest sea to get a costume....then they look at you like you have a third head or something when you pass them.....just dont like the idea of showing the behind the magic

ERiK

......and all you needed was a costume because you were already ON the clock to your work location, right? ;) Glad they didn´t do it in Epcot when I was there... no need of making the window even slower..... :rolleyes:

Irrawaddy Erik

well its part of the job discription of costuming to be slow:eek: :rolleyes: ... but its usually on a day when i needed three costumes from three different windows (1 toontown window 4, 1 fantasyland window 1, and 1 PAC at window 6) so im running around like a mad person down there trying to get my costumes in time :hammer: and be early for work (im able to pull off early pretty rarly usually its just in the nick of time)

ERiK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom