Kermit

DznyRktekt

Original Poster
I wonder if Kermit is aware that he does not sound like himself. Does anyone know why the voice actor who was cast was cast?

erasure fan1

The best answer I can muster is this. There's more to the character than just the voice. It's also the performance. Even Whitmire wasn't that great from a voice standpoint. But you need someone who is a capable puppeteer and can also do a Kermit voice. Unfortunately it seems to always come off as a mediocre impression.

Stumpos

Would you prefer having Seth MacFarlane do Kermit? I sure wouldn't.
Doubt that'd ever happen considering Seth has never worked with puppets and they usually get experienced Mupeteers to perform the Muppets. I doubt they'd go through the trouble of having to have Seth loop Kermit lines to another person performing Kermit's puppet.

Brer Panther

Doubt that'd ever happen considering Seth has never worked with puppets and they usually get experienced Mupeteers to perform the Muppets. I doubt they'd go through the trouble of having to have Seth loop Kermit lines to another person performing Kermit's puppet.
Yeah, I know. I was trying to make a jab at how everyone thinks Seth does the best Kermit EVER when his impression just sounds like the bear from The Cleveland Show doing a bad Marvin the Martian impression (that, and I don't want Seth ever getting near the Muppets).

Prince-1

Kermit isn't aware of anything. It's a sock. As to why the voice actor sounds bad...does it really matter anymore?

1682075454210.png

Magenta Panther

Which is another reason why I don't want him to ever voice Kermit.

Seth McFarlane voiced Mike the Mouse in the first Sing movie. Basically, he played himself, and test audiences found Mike so obnoxious and abrasive that, by the end of the movie, Mike got (apparently) eaten by a bear, and was the only character not to return for the sequel. 😁 The producers of the film apparently didn't know that McFarlane's jerk persona doesn't work outside of Family Guy. Again, scr*w that guy.

Stumpos

Seth McFarlane voiced Mike the Mouse in the first Sing movie. Basically, he played himself, and test audiences found Mike so obnoxious and abrasive that, by the end of the movie, Mike got (apparently) eaten by a bear, and was the only character not to return for the sequel. 😁 The producers of the film apparently didn't know that McFarlane's jerk persona doesn't work outside of Family Guy. Again, scr*w that guy.
I'm confused, did Seth do something shady like Butch Hartman and John K?

I know Family Guy has gone downhill and he's made bad calls on that show, but is Seth actually a jerk in real life? Someone who is bad in writing and managing a show can still be a good person.

Prince-1

I never saw Sing but I think Seth is super talented. Just curious but do you have any back-up for that test audience claim??

Brer Panther

I know Family Guy has gone downhill and he's made bad calls on that show, but is Seth actually a jerk in real life?
He allows his writers to make jokes about 9/11 on Family Guy even though he was almost one of the people to be on that plane. That doesn't strike you as being a jerk?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom