Kermit has been working with Bob Weis, hmmmm? (EDIT: AND JOE RHODE?!?!)

Homemade Imagineering

Personally... I would NOT read into this too much. I think Muppet Studios wanted a public facing department of TWDC to play along, and since Bob Weis was already connected, the got WDI to play.
Makes sense. It seems like it was just something for fun in the first place. I don’t think they’ve ever done something like this where this kind of situation through a social media platform such as Instagram leads to a project announcement.

Parker in NYC

They're not shy about closing things down and letting them sit there indefinitely when they find something problematic, though. They have and continue to do it all over property. In the case of HOP, it's hidden well enough that they could close it down, reopen the front as a store a week later and new guests would be none the wiser that there's a huge theater tucked away back there hiding.

A store?! Oh, please wake me up when... or don't. I know this is just wild speculation but I may flatline.

MrPromey

A store?! Oh, please wake me up when... or don't. I know this is just wild speculation but I may flatline.

It's very wild speculation on my part. I say store only because I can't think of much else they could do with that front waiting area's size plus putting anything cool in there would actually cost money.

Given current management's track record, I can't imagine them letting that real estate go to waste when it could be making them money and honestly, a shop of some kind, would make it not look like a weirdly abandoned or pointless facade in a high-traffic area.

But yeah, for all we know, the Donald will be up there for another 4 years or it'll go down for 8-12 months while they reskin him to Biden. 🤷‍♂️

Parker in NYC

It's very wild speculation on my part. I say store only because I can't think of much else they could do with that front waiting area's size plus putting anything cool in there would actually cost money.

Given current management's track record, I can't imagine them letting that real estate go to waste when it could be making them money and honestly, a shop of some kind, would make it not look like a weirdly abandoned or pointless facade in a high-traffic area.

But yeah, for all we know, the Donald will be up there for another 4 years or it'll go down for 8-12 months while they reskin him to Biden. 🤷‍♂️

I'll fight for HoP or the Muppets or whatever they choose to do. I'm down with a gift shop (in addition to that) if it means having a true Americana merch location, and I don't know, maybe a little exhibit focusing on Walt's patriotism? The war effort? Mr. Lincoln? But another shop filled with sparkling Minnie headbands (if there's anything I loathe more than the latest barrage of leggings, it's those headbands) in lieu of an attraction. Help us all.

Magic Feather

Also, after a little investigating, it looks like the Imagineers/Disney employees are the only ones actually "responding" to the challenge. I don't think I've seen any responses from the other celebrities that were "called out." I really think this was their way of using TWDC employees to try and get some auto responses to this challenge and give it some traction.

Homemade Imagineering

I should’ve known this was just for fun. However, we can always hope in the future for a Muppets experience. 😀
Definately. I’ll admit I had some fun thinking up different scenarios from this, and connecting this to Imagination, since I’m still furious at what they did to that pavilion, and I don’t want to wait another 7 years for them to do something! I do wonder if it’s even realistic for them to bring back something like the original, because they’ve never brought back any other extinct attractions to the extent like, let’s say Knotts is doing with Bear-y-Tales for one example. I worry they’ll just slap an IP on it and call it a day, without worrying about whether it’s relevant to Imagination or not. Inside out seems to be dead, but I’m sure they could just revive that at any time if they wanted to. Hopefully we can get something original and worthy of being in that pavilion.

Surferboy567

Also, after a little investigating, it looks like the Imagineers/Disney employees are the only ones actually "responding" to the challenge. I don't think I've seen any responses from the other celebrities that were "called out." I really think this was their way of using TWDC employees to try and get some auto responses to this challenge and give it some traction.

This is disappointing but makes sense. Thank you Magic Feather!

DoleWhipDrea

Since WDI would most likely want to hold onto the robotics of the AAs, if I were them, I would send the leftover skins of the presidents to their originals 😂 (If you haven’t seen it, I recommend searching for Ellen’s reaction to the leftovers of her AA from UoE)

I’m not convinced that this is just some generic social media thing, though with the Muppets being who they are, I’m surprised no one at Disney reached out to these celebs ahead of time...it’s not like they don’t have ways to personally get in touch with these people to make things go viral they way they would want it to.

Magenta Panther

If the Hall of Presidents DOES close, I would love it if they destroyed that Donald Trump animatronic in an unbelievably over-the-top fashion (like throwing it off a cliff or setting it on fire or something). Now THAT'S an animatronic that deserves to be trashed.

Yeah, because it's a lousy likeness.

At least I HOPE that's what you're referring to. If not, please take it to the political forum, thanks.

Magenta Panther

Or the previous President 😉

Yeah, another lousy likeness. Really, who does the sculpts these days at TDO? Blaine Gibson they're not.

gibson reagan.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom