Pre-Trip Keeping My Fingers Crossed for June 2016

It's time to pull out the planning binder again!!

As of right now, we have:

"We" is me, Amy, my husband,Brian, and our three kids, Logan, Lily, and Owen. Here we are from the last trip we all took together in October 2011:

We have all been since then, just not at the same time!
Owen and I went with my mom in Dec. 2012.

And Brian and I went for my 40th birthday in November 2013.

Then the kids and I went to the parks and on a cruise in June 2014 with my parents and my brother's family.

And finally, Brian and I went on a cruise and to MK last October.

We've had a lot of upheaval recently, so we are not 100% sure we will be taking this trip, but I am being optimistic at this point!! However, we are not telling the kids until we know for sure. It is killing me to not be able to openly plan this trip!!
We have booked a 5 person room at Caribbean Beach Resort June 3-11, 2016. Brian and I honeymooned in the Jamaica section back in 1998, and we are hoping to stay there again!

I know there is a lot of hate for CBR on here, but we loved it on our honeymoon and Owen and I loved the pirate rooms on our 2012 trip, so I am really excited that they finally have rooms that have queen sized beds and sleep 5!! I figure we will take advantage this time, as next time we go we will need more than 1 bathroom, and Owen will be too big to sleep in the murphy bed!

We are obviously too far out to have any set plans yet, but you better believe that I already have the whole trip planned out in my head!!! We are going to spend our arrival day at the pool, hopefully have dinner at 'Ohana, and spend the evening at Downtown Disney/Disney Springs. We will have 2 days at MK, 2 days at Epcot, 1 day at AK, 1 day at DHS, and go to Typhoon Lagoon the remaining day during the week with a possible evening in MK. I still haven't decided how to spend departure day. A lot will depend on the timing of our flight. We will likely have breakfast at 'Ohana, then do some miniature golfing before returning to the airport, but we may hit a park if time allows. Dining plans include: 'Ohana (breakfast and dinner), Crystal Palace breakfast, Akershus breakfast, Garden Grill dinner, Tusker House breakfast, Mama Melrose Fantasmic! package, and 1900 Park Fare. I believe that we will be there during Star Wars weekends. I have no desire to fight the crowds during the weekend, but I'm hoping they will have the special dining during the week again, and I will try to schedule one or both of the character dining experiences for us. I'm also hoping to try to fit in the new Adventureland Veranda restaurant at MK. Also excited that the new night show will be open at AK. I don't really care, but Lily will be excited that the new Frozen ride should be open too.
I can't wait to share the plans with you all as they get firmed up!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I've been lurking & reading you plans for weeks! I'm such a creeper ;-) Hahahahahaha!
I love the Inside Out backpack! Adorable!
Also, I never thought I'd say this, but I might have to hit Hot Topic! Cute tops!
No worries! I tend to be a creeper too! I never thought at 42 that I would be wearing Hot Topic clothes either! They tend to have a much better Disney selection online than in store. They also run a little on the small side.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Love the backpack and the shirts! I too will have to check out Hot Topic! Keeping my fingers crossed for you for BTMRR! It is one of my favorites, too! Wish I was going back this summer!
Big Thunder will now officially be open!! My kids are so excited. Looks like Frozen may open right before we get there too. I am most excited for the night offerings at AK! Hope you get to return soon!!

fractal

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!:inlove::inlove::inlove:
First, I want to encourage anyone who gets the chance to see Roger and Hammerstein's Cinderella to do it! Lily and I went Friday night and truly enjoyed it!
Now for the big news!! The kids finally know, and I can actually talk about our trip!!!! We decided to hide Scrabble tiles that spelled out "we are going to Disney in June" and let them find them, then figure out what they spelled. We tried to hide them in places that they could be seen, but weren't obvious. That is easier said than done when you have 24 tiles to hide! Here were two of our hiding spots:

We had to help with a few clues to find the last few, but overall they did really well finding them.

And finding the last tile:

Trying to figure out what it says:

Great idea!

LisaBelle

Big Thunder will now officially be open!! My kids are so excited. Looks like Frozen may open right before we get there too. I am most excited for the night offerings at AK! Hope you get to return soon!!
Yay! Very happy for you about BTMRR. It will be so much fun if Frozen is open when you are there! It would be awesome to be some of the first people to ever ride it! We saw the construction for the Rivers of Light venue and it looked really cool when we were there 2 weeks ago. I think that show will be spectacular. Can't wait to read all about it in your report!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I ordered matching tank tops for me and Lily, and they finally arrived today!!
DSCN7844.JPG

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Woohoo! I'll be doing all of those same things on Friday. :D The Soarin' and Frozen dates are also holding up my planning.. Hopefully we get more info on that soon!
Yay!! Mission:Space was moved back to a tier 2 attraction, so I'm hopeful that Soarin' and Frozen will both be open! I was able to make FP+ for AK up until 8:00pm. I am hoping they extend it even further!

BWK05

Late to the party...just got caught up on your trip report as well as your short trip report. Reading your plans it looks like we will be crossing paths several times that week. We are coming in on the 3rd and leaving the 12th. My kids and I will be at Typhoon Lagoon on Wednesday as well. Getting up early to do fast passes tomorrow and after that may attempt a pre trip report but may chicken out.o_O;):)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom