Kali River Rapids was shut down momentarily

Little Leota

Original Poster
Kali River Rapids was shut down momentarily on Saturday due to a large piece of bamboo that was sticking out and almost hit a lady in the face. I believe it was after the drop. The CM's acted quickly after it was reported, and called the Horticulture Department to cut it off. It did reopen 45 minutes later.

Robfasto

Little Leota said:
Kali River Rapids was shut down momentarily on Saturday due to a large piece of bamboo that was sticking out and almost hit a lady in the face. I believe it was after the drop. The CM's acted quickly after it was reported, and called the Horticulture Department to cut it off. It did reopen 45 minutes later.

Wouldn't call the momentarily....

disneywy

That is probably a fairly common occurance at Kali with all the bamboo around. I know it is an issue with Jungle Cruise at times and why they are making those posts around the track of Everest to catch any falling bamboo. It is just a common occurance when dealing with any plant to have parts of it fall down or off.

Epcot82Guy

I used to deal with that over at Living with the Land with the Sugar Cane, too. Plants like that are designed to fall over and start new shoots.

Scooter

Not surprising since Bamboo, in the grass family, one of natures fastest growing plants, can grow up to a foot a day.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Thread drift:

Always wondered how WDW keeps the bamboo only where they want it to grow and not have it take over everything like kudzu. :confused:

Cliffordsmon

unkadug said:
Thread drift:

Always wondered how WDW keeps the bamboo only where they want it to grow and not have it take over everything like kudzu. :confused:

To control Bamboo you control the roots by limiting the space where the roots can go. Plants can be planted in containers or with barriers to prevent the roots spreading.

Craig & Lisa

Scooter said:
Not surprising since Bamboo, in the grass family, one of natures fastest growing plants, can grow up to a foot a day.

Then let's all applaud WDW for their fast thinking for "NOT" letting anybody put kudsdu anywhere on property. :sohappy: the vine can grow as much as 18 inches in one day

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
hakunamatata said:
Ok, I will predict we will here the media report: Lady assaulted on river ride at Disneys Animal Kingdom...... :lol:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Dateline August 28, 2005

An unnamed woman was assaulted at Disney's Animal Kingdom by a piece of killer bamboo. The 20 foot bamboo plant in question was imported from Chinese Nationals in the 1960's amid political unrest.

Having spent its adult life in the nurseries of WDW, the terrorist bamboo had been treated with kid gloves since growing to an alarming 12 inches in diameter and was transplanted to DAK in 1997.

A spokesperson for the plant has not issued a statement to the press as of press time. The murderous grass is being held at the Reedy Creek Improvement District's Waste Management site under maximum security pending a Grand Jury investigation.

The whole use of plants in a theme park environment is now being seriously reconsidered.

:rolleyes:

GrandFloridian1

Don't jump down my back or anything but what's with all of the negativity with Eisner? I have read that Roy wasn't happy with him but what was the cause of all the unrest?

Pioneer Hall

GrandFloridian1 said:
Don't jump down my back or anything but what's with all of the negativity with Eisner? I have read that Roy wasn't happy with him but what was the cause of all the unrest?

Look around at the forums or anywhere else and you can probably find out why their is a dislike towards Eisner. It is pretty much a situatuon of a great man who passed his prime. He has made a lot of decisions recently that have been negatively affecting the company and that is really the reason for a lot of the problems.

Connor002

Ghostbuster626 said:
Actually I heard it was Matt Ouimet who came to the rescue...

Silly GhostBuster... Ouimet was too busy at the time helping old ladies cross the street over in disneyland :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom