Kali River Rapids was shut down momentarily

peter11435

DisneyInsider said:
Look around at the forums or anywhere else and you can probably find out why their is a dislike towards Eisner. It is pretty much a situatuon of a great man who passed his prime. He has made a lot of decisions recently that have been negatively affecting the company and that is really the reason for a lot of the problems.
That is one of the most truthful Eisner posts I have seen in a very long time.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
GrandFloridian1 said:
Don't jump down my back or anything but what's with all of the negativity with Eisner? I have read that Roy wasn't happy with him but what was the cause of all the unrest?

Eisner is a two timing, backstabing, ego maniac that could not realize when his productive tenure at Disney was over.......

SpenceMan01

Craig & Lisa said:
Then let's all applaud WDW for their fast thinking for "NOT" letting anybody put kudsdu anywhere on property. :sohappy: the vine can grow as much as 18 inches in one day

Wow! That stuff is worse than Stitch! :lookaroun

kudzucar7we.jpg

TheOneVader

njblackberry said:
Eisner Blamed For Plant Abuse

They just revised the article:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Dateline August 28, 2005
Updated: August 29, 2005

An unnamed woman was assaulted at Disney's Animal Kingdom by a piece of killer bamboo. The 20 foot bamboo plant in question was imported from Chinese Nationals in the 1960's amid political unrest.

Having spent its adult life in the nurseries of WDW, the terrorist bamboo had been treated with kid gloves since growing to an alarming 12 inches in diameter and was transplanted to DAK in 1997.

A spokesperson for the plant has not issued a statement to the press as of press time. The murderous grass is being held at the Reedy Creek Improvement District's Waste Management site under maximum security pending a Grand Jury investigation.

The whole use of plants in a theme park environment is now being seriously reconsidered.

Said one witness, "And then, as if the terrorist bamboo wasn't bad enough, Michael Eisner jumped out of the woods and onto our raft. He started hitting people on the head with the bamboo. It was horrible."

Another witness noted, "After that, he started ripping out everything that wasn't nessecary to keep the raft afloat. He was muttering to himself, something about 'Budget Cuts' or something. But then a beautiful site came upon us all. Iger came to the rescue, kicked Eisner off the boat and saved the day!"

Iger, who would not comment with us, vanished into the forest again. Reportedly, Iger was wearing a blue and red, full body jumpsuit with the letter "I" in the center.

:lookaroun

PeeplMoovr

I was there on Saturday and tried to ride it during this down-time. Pretty bummed since it was pretty hot at the time (if I remember correctly it was around Noon time).

Oh - and about bamboo - there are several kinds, but the kind that spread all over are usually called "running" type bamboo, and there is bamboo that doesn't spread and it's usually called the "clumping" kind. Perhaps Disney uses the clumping kind so it doesn't grow like crazy and invade everywhere.

I also walked on the now overgrown "secret" path between Africa and Asia on Saturday. It still looks like it's kept up alright - just not advertised. Does anyone know if this is technically "off-limits" to people?

jcat2312

TheOneVader said:
They just revised the article:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Dateline August 28, 2005
Updated: August 29, 2005

An unnamed woman was assaulted at Disney's Animal Kingdom by a piece of killer bamboo. The 20 foot bamboo plant in question was imported from Chinese Nationals in the 1960's amid political unrest.

Having spent its adult life in the nurseries of WDW, the terrorist bamboo had been treated with kid gloves since growing to an alarming 12 inches in diameter and was transplanted to DAK in 1997.

A spokesperson for the plant has not issued a statement to the press as of press time. The murderous grass is being held at the Reedy Creek Improvement District's Waste Management site under maximum security pending a Grand Jury investigation.

The whole use of plants in a theme park environment is now being seriously reconsidered.

Said one witness, "And then, as if the terrorist bamboo wasn't bad enough, Michael Eisner jumped out of the woods and onto our raft. He started hitting people on the head with the bamboo. It was horrible."

Another witness noted, "After that, he started ripping out everything that wasn't nessecary to keep the raft afloat. He was muttering to himself, something about 'Budget Cuts' or something. But then a beautiful site came upon us all. Iger came to the rescue, kicked Eisner off the boat and saved the day!"

Iger, who would not comment with us, vanished into the forest again. Reportedly, Iger was wearing a blue and red, full body jumpsuit with the letter "I" in the center.

:lookaroun

:lol: :lol: That is too hilarious!!

ballewclan

PeeplMoovr said:
I was there on Saturday and tried to ride it during this down-time. Pretty bummed since it was pretty hot at the time (if I remember correctly it was around Noon time).

Oh - and about bamboo - there are several kinds, but the kind that spread all over are usually called "running" type bamboo, and there is bamboo that doesn't spread and it's usually called the "clumping" kind. Perhaps Disney uses the clumping kind so it doesn't grow like crazy and invade everywhere.

I also walked on the now overgrown "secret" path between Africa and Asia on Saturday. It still looks like it's kept up alright - just not advertised. Does anyone know if this is technically "off-limits" to people?

Good question, ive never actually been on the path but ive heard about it. Where exactly is it??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom