Kali River Rapids questions

JennyD

Original Poster
My two teenage daughters would like to ride the Kali River Rapids when we are at the Animal Kingdom Park this June. We would like to hold their sneakers and socks for them while they ride, so that they don't have to walk around in soggy wet shoes and socks for the rest of the day! Will they be allowed to get on the ride in bare feet?

Keyblader Ax

Well, you don't have to take their shoes or socks, because in the middle of the raft is a plastic covered bowl that can hold anything you don't want getting wet, i.e. shoes and socks.:D

Moustronaut

hmmmmmm

I really want to say I remember cast members telling the girls in the boat with us that they HAD to keep their shoes on when we were there last month.

Blake

It really depends on the CM's running the ride. Many will let you take your shoes off and put them in the thing in the middle but some will tell you to keep them on..

Testtrack321

I don't know if they removed those plastic holders, they might have. But I'd bring an extra pair of socks just incase. Also, bring some small bags and some rubberbands to put over the shoes, that'll keep them somewhat dry.

The_CEO

Originally posted by s25843
do you really want to be in those rafts barefoot??

Do you think the some bacteria will NOT get through your shoes at all? If water soaks em consider it all there. Other than that. I do it all the time. Unless one of you are afraid of showing your feet.

Woody13

You cannot be barefoot on Kali River Rapids (several signs are posted addressing this issue). As long as you keep your feet on the metal foot rail, your feet will not get wet. The rest of your body may get soaked but your feet will stay dry. :lol:

Disneyfalcon

When we rode a year and a half ago we put our shoes and socks in the compartment in the middle.
I think I read however, that now they will not allow you to take your shoes off due to health reasons.

Irrawaddy Erik

Courtesy We work to offer a comfortable, safe, and enjoyable experience for all our Guests. Please assist us by showing common courtesy to fellow Park Guests. Please be respectful of others. Do not use profanity or engage in unsafe, illegal or offensive behavior. Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times.

- Any Walt Disney World Resort Guide Maps

The_CEO

Originally posted by Woody13
You cannot be barefoot on Kali River Rapids (several signs are posted addressing this issue). As long as you keep your feet on the metal foot rail, your feet will not get wet. The rest of your body may get soaked but your feet will stay dry. :lol:

Isn't like the check half-way through :)

imagineer99

Word to the wise...buy a group of poncho's for a dollar at the Dollar Store. Also, wear sandals. You can store your shoes in a locker at the entrance. That way everything stays dry! :)

It can be really uncomfortable if you get soaked...

Michael72688

Originally posted by Blake
It really depends on the CM's running the ride. Many will let you take your shoes off and put them in the thing in the middle but some will tell you to keep them on..

The same thing happens of Popeye's too, so if they tell me I have to have them on I just take them off as soon as we left the station and but them back on before we got back

Woody13

Originally posted by The_CEO
Isn't like the check half-way through :)

Best I recall, there is a sign about half way through the queue and another at the point where the CM does the height check just before you walk down ramp to the turntable. I have seen CM's stop the turntable if they observe guests removing their footwear. I have also seen the turntable stopped when a guest refused to put his footwear back on after the ride was over. The CM refused to let the guest get out of the boat barefooted. Some guests just insist upon "doing their own thing" without regard for their own safety or the safety and/or enjoyment of others. I don't envy the CM's for that reason alone. :wave:

DisneyPan

This is what I do:
I wear sandals and just take them off when the boat is leaving the dock. Then I put them in the center console. When the boat thingy arrives at the dock at the end I just get my sandals out and slip them on. Once the ride begins there's really nothing they can do. Socks and shoes can be tricky, because it takes longer. Just bring a back pack and keep sandals in there if you want to wear shoes during the day.

lebernadin

I like the plastic bag/rubber band idea. I know during the winter months there are days that sandals, or shorts for that matter aren't feasible while at the parks. But also in those instances, pants/jeans getting wet in 40-50 degree weather isn't fun either so a poncho is also an idea.

Or opt for the full Gorman's(sp?) Fisherman's outfit.

Blake

hehe thats me! I never get wet- i usually come out totally dry on Kali and Popeyes. My mom and sister always get completly drenched! Even on Splash Mountain they got qutie wet!

Anyways- you really aren't supposed to take off your shoes/socks but some CM's don't say anything if you do (and then theres the ones who will stop the whole ride if you do!:lol: . Same goes at Popeyes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom