Just the parents trip in Feb...Boardwalk or AKL?

becanya

DH and I have decided to take a kidless trip to the world in Feb (the kids are going to KILL us!). We want to stay at a DVC resort. We have only stayed at Wilderness Lodge, but want to try somewhere new without the kids. We will either stay at Boardwalk villas or AKL villas. Which do you recommend and why? I'm leaning toward Boardwalk because of the convenience factor, but AKL is fewer points. HELP!!!

PS - If you recommend AKL...which building and why? We'll stay at the cheapest value efficiency suite.

NeedMoreMickey

I've haven't been to the AKL and I'm sure it is wonderful but when my husband and I go we like being close to Epcot and HS, walking distance close. He hates to spend a day/evening at the park and then have to catch the bus back to the hotel. It's very romantic walk along the water back to the hotel, perfect for no kids.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Kidani Village is very quiet resort and just seems to have a more laid back feel to it. The only con for Kidani is it's lack of CS food, other than that I think it's better than Jambo House. The pool is smaller but never crowded! And Sanaa is an amazing restaurant!

Upvote 0

cinderellafan6

Boardwalk all the way!!! Especially kidless!! Its so romantic plus the Atlantic Dance hall and Jellyrolls are two nice bars that are short walking disntance from your room!! Plus the walk is beautiful from EPCOT. Also you have many many many options for dining. Not only is there the restaurants on the Boardwalk but really great restaurants in the swan & dolphin resorts as well. Save AKL for the kids..And there is cute little entertainment on the Boardwalk day and night.

Upvote 0

becanya

Original Poster
Wow...you guys are really making it easy to make this decision! Besides the awesome walk and bars...are there any other things you especially love at Boardwalk? Any special requests I should make on a DVC room?

Upvote 0

disneyrcks

Wow...you guys are really making it easy to make this decision! Besides the awesome walk and bars...are there any other things you especially love at Boardwalk? Any special requests I should make on a DVC room?

A boarwalk view would be nice. Depending on your angle you can see the fireworks at Epcot and the MK. We love sitting on a bench at night with a drink and enjoying the view!

Upvote 0

Bri1121

Boardwalk all the way!!! Especially kidless!! Its so romantic plus the Atlantic Dance hall and Jellyrolls are two nice bars that are short walking disntance from your room!! Plus the walk is beautiful from EPCOT. Also you have many many many options for dining. Not only is there the restaurants on the Boardwalk but really great restaurants in the swan & dolphin resorts as well. Save AKL for the kids..And there is cute little entertainment on the Boardwalk day and night.

I completely agree!!

Upvote 0

coltow

For us it would be all about location. Before kids we spent the majority of our time at EPCOT. So we assume if we ever go with out the kids we'd do the same

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

The Boadwalk, a million times. I love the quietness of it for a couple, and the location to the parks. It's a very romantic resort - moreso IMO than AKL. I've always preferred it to any of the other deluxe resorts.

Upvote 0

JML42691

Just got back last night from AKL: Kidani with my family and it was a blast, but if you are doing a kid-less trip then I think the Boardwalk would be a much better choice, for the same reasons all of the other people have said.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom