Just the Facts

IWant2GoNow

Original Poster
I was going to start a separate thread to dicuss Lee's fact thread, but it seems his fact thread is already a discussion about it. I decided to restart a fact thread for Lee and other insiders to chime in on anything they can about the changes. Mods feel free to delete this if you feel it's being too redundant.

Please leave "they could do this", "they should do this", "I'd like this better", "I liked the old attraction more", etc. out. Discuss those possibilities and things in the old fact thread.

I would say it is okay to ask questions but I will leave that up to the insiders. Here's a restatement of what Lee has come up with.

OK.
After endless emails, pm's, and a couple phone calls, I'm gonna lay out what I see as happening with FLE. It hasn't been easy to get any info or confirmation. Lips are sealed pretty tight about the whole FLE v2.0.

I will update/modify it as needed, which hopefully won't be too much.

If anyone finds fault with it, feel free to chime in. (But keep it to facts or very good info. Let's leave opinion out of this thread.)

So here we go, based on a metric ton of rumor and good info:

FLE East will be almost entirely "Dumbo's Circus" themed. Double Dumbo ("Dumbo's Big Top"), rethemed Barnstormer (likely clowns), rethemed train station, Casey Jr food stand, and a fairly major merch location.

Tents will go due to their current condition being not all that good, but will likely be replaced by more tents.

Pixie Hollow (in all it's early concept forms) is dead.

__________________________________________________ _______________

FLE West will have the biggest change from the original plan.

Mermaid and BatB areas are proceeding as planned.

Cindy/Aurora M&G complex is dead.

The large space where they were going will in fact be the Snow White/Dwarf coaster/mine car ride.

Snow White's Scary Adventure will close, providing a home for the wayward princesses. This looks to possibly be a temporary move, perhaps using the recycled name of Fantasyland Character Festival.

This will allow them to have somewhere to do M&Gs while a new area is built, perhaps over in the old Skyway station spot. The SWSA show building would then be changed into a new attraction.

Tink and the Pixies....not sure.

EDIT: Chance the princesses may move in with Mick and Min on Main St for a bit while their new home is being prepared. Depends on the timeframe of how long they keep TTF open.

Ok...there you have it. As of Monday, August 23, 2010 at 9:20 in the am.
Refute it. Deny it. Prove it. Love it or hate it.

IWant2GoNow

Original Poster
Just giving this thread a bump a week later in case any new revelations have sprung up that any insiders are able to share. :animwink:

:wave:

SeaCastle

Just giving this thread a bump a week later in case any new revelations have sprung up that any insiders are able to share. :animwink:

Seeing that Lee and Martin are on vacation this week, that would explain the lack of any major developments. :lol: However, tirian pointed out that in the Jack Blitch video, visuals of everything except TLM and the Beauty and the Beast area had been obscured, with everything else being replaced.

IWant2GoNow

Original Poster
Seeing that Lee and Martin are on vacation this week, that would explain the lack of any major developments. :lol: However, tirian pointed out that in the Jack Blitch video, visuals of everything except TLM and the Beauty and the Beast area had been obscured, with everything else being replaced.

Very true. :lol:

I was thinking maybe Juan might still be out there. It must be Disney Insider holiday week. :)

Good point on tirian's observation. Thanks for adding! :wave:

jt04

I was thinking maybe Juan might still be out there. It must be Disney Insider holiday week. :)

But there is speculation elsewhere that the Juan stuff is deliberate subterfuge. It's not me, it's them. :lookaroun

And in the video he talks of the new style m&g's in the plural when talking about the new Belle show. As in more than one. At least two.

Would they stop at just two?

juan

I think we were all on vacation.:cool:

Nothing really to report on other than Pooh is taking shape and construction on FLE West is in full swing.

jt04

Nothing really to report on other than Pooh is taking shape and construction on FLE West is in full swing.

I noticed he had a more recent aerial photo then we have here. I saw something. I won't speculate what it is but it did involve the magic yellow sand.:zipit:

juan

But there is speculation elsewhere that the Juan stuff is deliberate subterfuge. It's not me, it's them. :lookaroun

And in the video he talks of the new style m&g's in the plural when talking about the new Belle show. As in more than one. At least two.

Would they stop at just two?

My comments have been my own. I'm not involved in some big conspiracy to "hide the truth". Let "them" speculate; it doesn't bother me, I will sleep perfectly. :wave:

Meet and greets will still be represented, just not as elaborate as before. LM and BatB will have same meet and greets, there's 2 plus stuff for the princesses.
I don't know where you're getting that people have said that there's only going to be one. :shrug:

PurpleRose

My comments have been my own. I'm not involved in some big conspiracy to "hide the truth". Let "them" speculate; it doesn't bother me, I will sleep perfectly. :wave:

Meet and greets will still be represented, just not as elaborate as before. LM and BatB will have same meet and greets, there's 2 plus stuff for the princesses.
I don't know where you're getting that people have said that there's only going to be one. :shrug:

I think that he assumed LM was just a ride and the only M & G was BatB. :shrug:

jt04

I think that he assumed LM was just a ride and the only M & G was BatB. :shrug:

Close but not quite. LM was always supposed to be a standard m&g. Fancy but just a m&g. The Aurora, Cindy and Belle m&g's are 'enhanced', meaning there is some participatory activity involved beyond just a photo.

When he refered to the new enhanced style m&g they are developing (by talking specifically about the announced Belle attraction) he used the plural. In other words, there will be more than one. Maybe more than two.

No speculation, just going by what was said. Unless I misunderstood.

MAF

So you pretty much copied Lee's original post in that other thread word for word and created your own thread? ...and the point that was???:shrug:

Captain Neo

Well if you want to get real technical the only thing we know for an absolute fact are happening is the new Pooh queue/facade and Little Mermaid dark ride since we can actually see the physical construction going on. Has the Beauty & The Beast area started construction yet or nah?

IWant2GoNow

Original Poster
So you pretty much copied Lee's original post in that other thread word for word and created your own thread? ...and the point that was???:shrug:

The point is discussed in the very first part of this thread above Lee's original post.

IWant2GoNow

Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response, juan. :)

DocMcHulk

I tried to get some info from inside WDI, but haven't heard a peep back yet. My guess is that it true that they are getting very tight lipped.
I was trying to get the info for my own knowledge, and probably wouldn't have share the info here (other than a "i can confirm this") to protect the source and respect their confidentiality, but not a word.

IWant2GoNow

Original Poster
I tried to get some info from inside WDI, but haven't heard a peep back yet. My guess is that it true that they are getting very tight lipped.
I was trying to get the info for my own knowledge, and probably wouldn't have share the info here (other than a "i can confirm this") to protect the source and respect their confidentiality, but not a word.

Your attempts are appreciated.

At this point, I would just be happy knowning when they plan to announce the changes. :)

BrerFrog

After the blueprints leaked I am not surprised they are doing that this time around.

jt04

So they continue to install a foundation in the area of the mill and cement trucks are on site nearby.

Just some facts.

Oh, and a utilidor. Definitely a utilidor in the insider pic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom