Just returned from WDW and I went to P&P

tecowdw

Do you think that P&P party is worth it for two adults.... well kids at heart? or is it really just for kids. I was thinking it might be worth it just to be in the park late one night because everything closes fairly early the week I'm there 9-16.

Yes!! I am a party of two adults and we enjoyed it (although the rain was a real damper, literally). Some of the adults were dressed up which add a bit of fun if you're into that. We don't do the "get candy" part but we certainly enjoy the atmosphere, parade and fireworks of all of the parties at the MK. When else can you enjoy 5 or less minute waits? Obviously with this event being new, the crowds are artificially low. I'm sure they will increase as the event grows in popularity if they continue year after year.

Gee, I can remember when MK E-ride nights were empty! I could go across the entire park and barely see 20 people.
Ah, those were the days ~ then they decided to do it for free and here came the crowds.
:p

DisneyLindz

I am very excited about going, I just bought 3 tickets for the March 5th evening. My sister (24), my cousin (21) and myself (25) are all going. I am going as a pirate, and they want to go as princesses! horray!

Thanks for the info. do you have any pictures?

That's me!!!! Woo-hoo!!! We are all big kids at heart! I can't wait to be a princess for the night! :)

Gorjus

Yes Jack Sparrow is available for photos. Johnny Depp is raking in the money now. Every Photopass photo sold with Capt. Jack brings Johnny some cash. Smart man.

wild01ride

My question on the logistics of this event is:
If we will be in the MK during the hours leading up 'til 7:00pm, can we obtain our wristband or whatever necessary earlier or?
Basically, we'd rather be able to do what we need to do at Guest Relations (Will Call) upon first entering the park rather than having to wade through lines later in the day when everyone is just showing up for the party.

Thanks for any help that anyone can possible interject!
:wave:

FanofDinsey1981

My question on the logistics of this event is:
If we will be in the MK during the hours leading up 'til 7:00pm, can we obtain our wristband or whatever necessary earlier or?
Basically, we'd rather be able to do what we need to do at Guest Relations (Will Call) upon first entering the park rather than having to wade through lines later in the day when everyone is just showing up for the party.

Thanks for any help that anyone can possible interject!
:wave:

Yes, that is good to know. Do we need to show up by a certain time? or can we just stay in the park if we happen to be there before 7 pm?

oops thanks i dont know what i was looking at when i wrote down all the times.. haha.. i think all this disney stuff is getting to me the parks are open later in my head..lol

dreamscometrue

My brother will be in Orlando on business for a few nights in March while my family is there on vacation. He is actually staying at a WDW resort and was hoping to join us for one evening in a park. Since he works every night until about 5pm, he was a little discouraged that a $67 one day park pass would only allow him a few hours at MK before it closed. We now know that he'll be there during a P & P evening. Am I missing something, or could I call today and get us all P & P tickets for about $40 each, and my brother would actually have 7:30pm to 12:30am at MK? For about $30 less than a typical pass he can have an entire evening. Am I correct or does he also need a regular park pass?

3fordisney

My brother will be in Orlando on business for a few nights in March while my family is there on vacation. He is actually staying at a WDW resort and was hoping to join us for one evening in a park. Since he works every night until about 5pm, he was a little discouraged that a $67 one day park pass would only allow him a few hours at MK before it closed. We now know that he'll be there during a P & P evening. Am I missing something, or could I call today and get us all P & P tickets for about $40 each, and my brother would actually have 7:30pm to 12:30am at MK? For about $30 less than a typical pass he can have an entire evening. Am I correct or does he also need a regular park pass?

The P&P party is a separate admisson ticket. You do not need a regular park pass to get in. We have gone to the MNSSH and MVMCP a few times and we entered the parks with just the party ticket. It would be a great idea to meet your brother for the evening and only pay the P & P ticket price instead of buying a one day pass.

dreamscometrue

The P&P party is a separate admisson ticket. You do not need a regular park pass to get in. We have gone to the MNSSH and MVMCP a few times and we entered the parks with just the party ticket. It would be a great idea to meet your brother for the evening and only pay the P & P ticket price instead of buying a one day pass.

That's great news. Not only can he get in for about $40, but the crowds probably won't be huge, so he'll probably get to ride quite a bit during the 5 hours.

thanks for the help. :)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
im sorry if any one has already asked this, but do you have to pay the price of park admission and buy a ticket for the P&P?

P&P is a "Hard Ticket Event", it's price includes admission for the event only. If you want to go to the park beforehand you'd have to pay a regular addmision in addition to the event ticket.

MaryMcMagic

I just got back this afternoon from spending 6 days at WDW and last night (Friday) at P&P. It was PHENOMENAL!!!!!! As described before, as you entered the park we were given wristbands, then as you proceeded near the tunnels CM's dressed as pirates were handing out treasure pouches. We got our map for the event and quickly identified our plan of attack. I have two little girls who dressed as princesses for the evening, they were very excited. Main street was great with special banners on the light posts and smoke machines sporadically thrown throughout the park. On the fronts of the buildings were projected treasure maps and skull and crossbones. Super Cool!
The maps let you know where the "treasures" were. You could proceed to the 'x's to collect beads and candy--Hershey's Treasures, Hershey's Kisses and Palmer's gold coins. We really got a lot of candy!!!
As mentioned on an earlier post, most rides were walk on only. My oldest daughter, 5, and husband rode Thunder Mountain 3 times in a matter of 20 minutes--twice without getting off. Pirates was <1 minute and Space Mountain was about 5 minutes. My girls really like Dumbo, too, and were able to ride to their hearts content.
Characters were every where!!! Jack Sparrow was in front of Expedition Hall when we caught up to him about midnight, but earlier in the event we spied Jasmine near the Magic Carpets, Pirate Goofy and Pluto outside of Peco's Bills, Pooh and Tigger in Pooh's Playful Spot, Cinderella's Stepmother and Stepsisters near the entrance of Toontown, as well as many others that I can't even remember right now.
You can really do a full days worth of rides in just a few hours due to the short ride lines. If you do a full day at MK prior to attending P&P, I feel you'd just be wasting time waiting in lines that will be non-existent come later in the pm. Of course, this is just my opinion, but, if the ride line is more than 20 minutes, I'd move on knowing that later in the night, I'll be able to ride at will.
Also, if it wasn't mentioned yet, strollers were free during this event. That was a great gem!
My favorite part of the event was how they scattered 'props' throughout the park for pictures and such. For example, Cinderella's carriage was in the stroller parking area of Fantasyland (the former skyway to tomorrowland area). In the rose garden area, by the topiary serpent, was a large royal throne with the castle as a backdrop. In front of Toontown was Belle's wardrobe ....the name escapes me....and dresser drawers and mirror that was great for pretty princess pics with my girls.
I was really great! I enjoyed the night thoroughly. I met up with the rest of my group during the night and they all thought it was way cool, too. We were a Grand Gathering of 24 ranging from 3-63 years and we all had a blast. There was no shortage of things to do and the time just flew by. I'd definitely recommend this party to anyone who may be hesitant to pull the trigger on another expense during their vacation...it was way worth the cost of admission! It was a very magical way to spend our last night at WDW!!!:)

MaryMcMagic

My in-laws spent the entire day at the park and then attended the event in the evening. They never left the park at all. By 5:30 they called us back at our room to let us know they would not be leaving because they had been able to show their tickets and get their wristbands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom