Just returned from WDW and I went to P&P

Ella's Mommy

Original Poster
Hello everyone!!!!!!

Soooo sad to be back first of all!!! Okay anyway, I went to P&P on Jan 22, opening night so to speak. The first thing I want to say is it was AWESOME!!! Upon entering the park you were given an orange wrist band. Then right before the tunnel you were given a velvet treasure bad and a map. The in inside the tunnel before you enter Main Street they had carpets with P&P on them and smoke machines.

Then on Main Street the castle and shops were light up in purple and orange light and had projected images on them. The balloons were castles, skulls, and the 3rd I cant seem to remember. All CM's were dressed as pirates. We had dinner at LTT so I know that was open. Tony's was open, but CP was closed. El pirato ye pirate(name?) was open and so was the Dole whip station.

All the GOOD rides were open with no wait time at all, 5 mins at the most. That includes Peter PF. I actually walked on pirates. IT WAS A GHOST TOWN!!!! No one was there except for the CM's. For a more detailed report of the rides check out allears.net

The fireworks and parade were amazing. Even though it poured rain for like 1/2 an hour(thankfully during dinner) they still had both parades and the fire works. We watched the fireworks in Fantasyland. It was basically Wishes with some skull shaped fireworks thrown in, but still a good show.

The Grotto was Sebastian's Dance Party. They had a DJ playing recent pop hits. I heard the BlackEyedPeas when I was passing it. They also had characters dancing there. It was realy cute.

There were Princesses and Pirates galore to take pics with!!!! They even had Cinderellas coach out for little princesses to take a picture in front of. It didnt look like they were allowing anyone in the coach.

It was totally worth the money and if you get the chance GO!!!!!!!!!!!

mickiesteve

Hi
Great to hear P&P is a hit. Just bought our tickets for it today. Leaving on Fri. Question--do you recommend going on a different day than the day we plan to spend at MK? And if we go on same day do we have to leave and then come back. No small kids--teens and tweens so long hours are OK. Thanks for any input!!

Mickie:animwink:

sittle

Welcome back ... unfortunately!!

DizneePrincess, so sorry to hear you had to come back!! I know the feeling, and will know it again it 40 more nights, not looking forward to WaltDisneyWorldWithdrawl!!

Anyway, so you seem to say almost all the major rides were open!!! Hooray!!!! (We're any of the biggies closed at all with the exception of a refurb??)

Was it really ghost townish... wow... that's awesome, I'd pay for that!!

Sounds like you had a grand time!!! Hope you go back soon!!

MiRi

Thank you. :)

I am so tempted to go to the P&P. I leave Feb. 1 after work (about 4ish). I'll be driving up from Miami. I am just worried about buying tickets and then missing a lot of stuff because of what if I get traffic on the way up and then checking in to the hotel.... *sigh*

Do you think that P&P party is worth it for two adults.... well kids at heart? or is it really just for kids. I was thinking it might be worth it just to be in the park late one night becuase everything closes fairly early the week im there 9-16.

Ella's Mommy

Original Poster
Do you think that P&P party is worth it for two adults.... well kids at heart? or is it really just for kids. I was thinking it might be worth it just to be in the park late one night becuase everything closes fairly early the week im there 9-16.

Its definately worth it. I didnt really get the tickets for the kids b/c the kids in my party ranged 10 to 16. So they could have cared less about the characters and teasures. They really loved being able to be at the park with no wait time for their fav rides. We ran all over the park to ride our favs.

Ella's Mommy

Original Poster
Hi
Great to hear P&P is a hit. Just bought our tickets for it today. Leaving on Fri. Question--do you recommend going on a different day than the day we plan to spend at MK? And if we go on same day do we have to leave and then come back. No small kids--teens and tweens so long hours are OK. Thanks for any input!!

Mickie:animwink:

I would try to go during the week instead of a weekend.

FanofDinsey1981

I am very excited about going, I just bought 3 tickets for the March 5th evening. My sister (24), my cousin (21) and myself (25) are all going. I am going as a pirate, and they want to go as princesses! horray!

Thanks for the info. do you have any pictures?

dreamscometrue

Is the park only open for P & P ticket holders? The Disney website shows a 7:30pm start. Does that mean everyone not attending leaves at 7pm or so?

Ella's Mommy

Original Poster
I am very excited about going, I just bought 3 tickets for the March 5th evening. My sister (24), my cousin (21) and myself (25) are all going. I am going as a pirate, and they want to go as princesses! horray!

Thanks for the info. do you have any pictures?

Sorry!!! I soo wish I did but my bat died during dinner :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom