Just Passed Right of Refusal

wdwfan100

Original Poster
I just got the call from our broker that Disney waived the right of refusal. So it looks like my wife and I are soon to be the proud owners in the Beach Club Villas. I am so happy right now I could scream. :sohappy::sohappy::ROFLOL::sohappy::sohappy::):) :sohappy::sohappy:

KingStefan

Wow. That seems like a pretty good deal. I'm no expert, though. Just thinking of taking the plunge if my DW ever finds work.

How many points left this year?

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Welcome to the Disney Vacation Club family. If you are as big a Walt Disney World fan as I am; I know you will enjoy.

wdwfan100

Original Poster
Thanks to all for the "welcome aboard" kind words. We are so excited. Can't wait to get to the point of booking a stay. We are huge WDW fans. We go at least once a year with family and friends. I may still be a little giddy.

yankspy

Thanks to all for the "welcome aboard" kind words. We are so excited. Can't wait to get to the point of booking a stay. We are huge WDW fans. We go at least once a year with family and friends. I may still be a little giddy.
Welcome Neighbor.:wave:

Mickey-Mommy

I don't know much about dvc although we did buy in once about 11 years ago. (they approved us for bwv with me having no job and my at the time bf (now dh) only making $8,000 a year!) After we got home we realized we fell for every trick in the book they were pulling on us and realized there was absolutely no way we could've afforded that at the time. Just young college students then! Anyway, how many points does it take for a vacation? I realize it must vary depending on which resort, where you stay and time of year. But can someone explain it to me? How many years is your loan for? How much are the maintence fees now?

PhilharMagician

I don't know much about dvc although we did buy in once about 11 years ago. (they approved us for bwv with me having no job and my at the time bf (now dh) only making $8,000 a year!) After we got home we realized we fell for every trick in the book they were pulling on us and realized there was absolutely no way we could've afforded that at the time. Just young college students then! Anyway, how many points does it take for a vacation? I realize it must vary depending on which resort, where you stay and time of year. But can someone explain it to me? How many years is your loan for? How much are the maintence fees now?

How many pioint depends on when you travel, but some examples for traveling during the value seasons are: approx 100 points for a studio or 200 points for a 1 bedroom for a week. These numbers vary quite a bit epending on which resort.

Many people just pay cash, but I believe the max loan was for 10 years and it is about 10% interest.

Maintenance fees again vary quite a bit between resorts. I am about $800.00 per year for 200 SSR. For the same amout of points for BCV would be about $1000.00+.

I feel that having DVC allows me the option to stay in a deluxe resort. Without it i would definately be staying in value resorts and less often.

DVC also offer discounts to AP's, ability to join Tables in Wonderland, free internet in DVC resorts and many other discounts throughout WDW. These discounts do add uo to substantiol savings when used.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom