just our luck

richard53uk

Original Poster
we have been going to disney for the past 16 years the last 4 years missed out on rise of the resistance by 2 weeks missed out on sky line by 2 days now we will miss out on ratatouille by 2 weeks so dot fair cost us a fortune to save up to

nicb88

we have been going to disney for the past 16 years the last 4 years missed out on rise of the resistance by 2 weeks missed out on sky line by 2 days now we will miss out on ratatouille by 2 weeks so dot fair cost us a fortune to save up to

I know the feeling - it's disappointing when you miss out and you've travelled so far, but it does happen (I'm also from the UK and have experienced it before). However, it just builds up excitement for the next trip! Try enjoy the fact that it will probably be much quieter just before Rat opens so you can enjoy Galaxy's Edge and Skyliner without masses of people there for the new attraction! :)

Weather_Lady

I feel your pain, OP! My family's trips are often planned with the anticipation of enjoying a new attraction -- generally one that's supposed to have been open for several months before our travel dates -- and inevitably, delay after delay results in the attraction opening just after we visit.

We have had luck going the other way, too -- once getting ushered into the Little Mermaid dark ride during an unannounced soft opening. Perhaps you'll have similar luck given how close your visit is to the Ratatouille "official" opening. (In fact, given that the opening date was set for ceremonial purposes and not operational ones, the chances of soft openings in the weeks before October 1st might be probably better than usual, especially if the summer months prove to be crowded.)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Look forward to next year when those items will be open for you and you’ll miss Tron by two weeks.

@The Mom wrong forum?

Bocabear

I have been three times since ROTR opened and have not been able to do it... When they fill the boarding groups in under 10 seconds, there is just no way most people will ever be able to experience this attraction... I am sure they will do the same with Guardians and Tron when they open in a few years...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I think it's a strong indication that Disney waited too long to add new rides when the pent-up demand for such meh rides as Slink and 7DMT is still generating long lines and rope-drop crushes years after they were opened.

JIMINYCR

We're disappointed too. All along weve been watching progress being made on Ratatouille and when Disney put up the signage and opened up the area around it for guests to walk through, things looked promising. DW, DS and I had high hopes we would be able to do it in May. Weve had other trips where we missed out on things opening just days or weeks after the trip we were on was over. I always tell DS that it a big letdown but it just gives us something to look forward to on the next time we go. And maybe the wait in lines by that time will be lessened.
This trip we have the Skyliner, MMRR, all of TSL and SWL to see thats new to us since last trip.

KikoKea

I always view it as "New to me" vs. "New today". Riding the day it opens means crowds and long waits. Riding when I get to it, less so.
Yep. We usually wait a few trips before even trying to get on new rides- I'm not going to wait a ridiculous amount of time in line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom