JUST NOT SURE

Amidala

Well that kinda stinks that you have to book the parks you want to park hopper to. Sometimes late in our vacation we like to go from park to park to get a second ride on the attractions we really like. We often decide on a whim.

You don't. You only have to reserve the first park you visit. After 2:00PM you can park hop to any of the other three (assuming crowds are under capacity).

So where do I go to see what attractions are open? Like Sourin which is a must for me.

AFAIK most major rides (Soarin' included) are up and running, minus the preshow and with a socially distanced queue. Some rides like TTA are down for refurbishment unrelated to COVID, and you can check the list of affected attractions on the WDW website like always. But stage shows, nighttime spectaculars and other forms of entertainment have been cut for the most part. There are some stragglers like the Frozen Sing-Along at DHS and FOLK coming back soon, but a vast majority of shows are suspended.

Graham9

We were originally planning to come the the 'World in 70 days time, but then this virus appeared and everything stopped.

However, we are in position where we don't want to come having to wear masks and park entry restrictions and the like. It's just going to take too much away from the experience of WDW. For that reason we will be evaluating the Covid situation, the mask/park entry limitations and all other options in Feb 2022 for a planned trip in Nov 2022.

Raxel7851

Well that kinda stinks that you have to book the parks you want to park hopper to. Sometimes late in our vacation we like to go from park to park to get a second ride on the attractions we really like. We often decide on a whim.
The new park reservation system and park hopper requirements aren’t as bad as you may think. As others have stated you must go to your reserved park first, then after 2 PM, you can go to any other park you like. You don’t need to reserve your 2nd park. It’s so much better than previously where you could only go to one park a day. It’s best to know how things work before you go.

Mickey5150

For anyone who isn't sure about going to WDW this year, I say wait. With all of the construction going on there are multiple attractions that could be open next year. I used to go to WDW every year, but didn't go last year. I kept planning and changing plans for this year when I decided to stop stressing myself out. Moving my trip to next year has been so freeing. Don't let the stress of possibly going ruin whatever you are doing right now.

Walter Elias Disney

I have been several times since the park opened this past summer. Yes, mask wearing can be a bit unbearable in the heat...know that it will be uncomfortable for some. Limited shows were a bit disappointing, but I will say we have truly enjoyed the unannounced cavalcades in all four parks...we truly have stopped each time to see the characters and truly realize they make the visit! No parades and fireworks can be a bummer, but I have found that I'm not totally exhausted from the trip do to staying late and trying to get to several parks in one day. I would honestly say my initial disappointment was EPCOT...not due to the renovations (I'm thrilled to see the park evolve) The lack of representation of the cast members from the "Host" countries was evident (Current cast members we're fantastic...just not the same)...sometimes walking through the stores and signs stating that the restaurants were closed was a bit depressing. Follow the guidelines..6 foot barrier, wash hand regularly (remind kids to keep their hands off the railings LOL) and wear your mask. DISNEY has provided an unbelievable response to the pandemic..yes, they have staging lines on wear to stand while waiting to board the rides, mobile app ordering for food in order to keep the lines controlled, constant cleaning/wiping down areas of heavy touch, no finger print ID required for entrance, new security guidelines that have proven to be an outstanding plus, directional signs that tell you which doorway is the entrance and exit, plexiglass barriers in the que lines and on some attraction vehicles, resort cleanliness is spot on, limited number of guests allowed in stores, additional bathroom cleaning/sanitizing is evident , and bus/monorail control of where guests can be seated with plexiglass barriers. DISNEY has definitely went above and beyond for our safety. I can understand why you would want to wait until the park is back to normal..I appreciate the fact that I feel safe and comfortable following CDC and DISNEY guidelines.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

We cancelled our trip last year and are now talking about going this year. I am apprehensive about going. First, I am not crazy about wearing a mask in that heat. My DW breaks out from some of the mask and can only use certain ones. I don't know if the heat will have added effect on her problem. Then all the little extras that makes WDW so special are gone like the entertainers. These extras are what made WDW above all other parks. For us anyway. Is Park Hopper coming back? That is a must for us. We never do the same park all day.

Just a few of the reasons I am apprehensive but on the other hand I have about 800 points on my card to use.
I say GO! You never know what life events may happen. GO and have a great time!

pixie225

After 4 cancellations we are heading to DW May 1st. We are also a bit apprehensive - more about the crowds not social distancing than anything else. We get skeeved out with people breathing down our necks. I will have no problem asking (nicely) for people to back up a bit. We are used to wearing masks, using hand sanitizer, etc. We are also a bit worried about the food situation. We have been vaccinated, but have only eaten inside a restaurant once since covid began - and that was last week. (just got 2nd vaccine last week.) We have reservations for 3 restaurants, and have no doubts we may leave if we feel uncomfortable with the seating/eating situation. Mobile ordering, here we come!

Robbiem

If you dont think you’ll enjoy yourself then don’t go. Go somewhere else then go back when you want.

I’ve got no interest in going with current restrictions (not that I’m allowed to travel from the UK) but if other people feel happy visiting then good for them.
At the end of the day do what you want not what you think you should do

ilovelabs2021

You have to do what you feel is right. It is a tough decision. My family and I have gone through some hard times since Covid arrived. We have been very careful, but as soon as I found out that teachers would be vaccinated in time for us to take a trip this summer, I booked. I know it won't be the same as our past trips, but it will still be magical. Even though we are now vaccinated, we will still take precautions. We just need a dose of Disney!

graphite1326

Original Poster
After 4 cancellations we are heading to DW May 1st. We are also a bit apprehensive - more about the crowds not social distancing than anything else. We get skeeved out with people breathing down our necks. I will have no problem asking (nicely) for people to back up a bit. We are used to wearing masks, using hand sanitizer, etc. We are also a bit worried about the food situation. We have been vaccinated, but have only eaten inside a restaurant once since covid began - and that was last week. (just got 2nd vaccine last week.) We have reservations for 3 restaurants, and have no doubts we may leave if we feel uncomfortable with the seating/eating situation. Mobile ordering, here we come!
I have been careful also. Somewhat. I wear my mask and have bee vaccinated. However, I live in an area where a lot of people don't concur with the covid rules. Social distancing? Doesn't happen. The mask signs are on the businesses but if someone walks in without a mask nothing is said. I have been out to eat probably 50 times. Family gatherings? Nothing has changed. Here is the thing. Number of Covid cases in our area? 1!

JoeCamel

I don't know what restrictions on dining there are in your area but be aware Florida has no restriction. The individual town or private establishment may require spacing and masks or it may be a free for all. I suggest trying to eat out a couple of times where you are to see if that would be a deal breaker.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom