JUST NOT SURE

graphite1326

Original Poster
We cancelled our trip last year and are now talking about going this year. I am apprehensive about going. First, I am not crazy about wearing a mask in that heat. My DW breaks out from some of the mask and can only use certain ones. I don't know if the heat will have added effect on her problem. Then all the little extras that makes WDW so special are gone like the entertainers. These extras are what made WDW above all other parks. For us anyway. Is Park Hopper coming back? That is a must for us. We never do the same park all day.

Just a few of the reasons I am apprehensive but on the other hand I have about 800 points on my card to use.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Everyone has a different tolerance for mask-wearing, proximity to other people, and expectations for their vacation. What you also need to consider is the disruption that the shutdowns have had in the supply chains and the amusement industries. The supply of vacation experiences has contracted and there's pent-up demand from a year of isolation. The experiences will be different this and subsequent years and may never return to what it once was.

Temper your expectations and you'll be fine. We've been twice for a week each since the reopening and will be back again next month. Masks have not been an issue for us with temperatures in the 80's and the 60's, but we're from the South and spend lots of time outdoors anyway.

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Park hopping has been back for months at this point.

I get it about the masks. I'm in the same boat. Masks irritate my skin even when I'm wearing them for just an hour at the grocery store plus the glasses fogging is a real issue.

You have to consider when you're going.
Going in May? Yeah masks are likely still required and entertainment more limited etc.
Going in August? The world may look much different and I for one hope it does.
My sister and I plan to go late August as that was the plan for 2020.
We are willing to do whatever we have to and if that means wearing a mask then so be it and if that means there's still not a full experience so be it.
What you need to figure out is if nothing changes between now and when you're looking to go would you be willing or not?

graphite1326

Original Poster
Park hopping has returned. You must tap in at your reserved park first and are then free to park hop after 2 pm.

Masks are here to stay for awhile so perhaps you should wait until Disney removes the mask requirement. Continue to save your points.
Yeah I'm a little confused on the reserved park thing. Can you explain that to me?

graphite1326

Original Poster
Just don't go. You're already not onboard with wearing a mask and even worried about maskne (mask acne). What makes you think you will enjoy your trip with that inconvenience already in your mind? Just go next year, besides the 50th will last until next year anyways.
No it's not mask acne. She actually breaks out and it is quite painful. She actually has had to take anti-biotics. Unfortunately she works in a hospital and has to wear one all the time.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Yeah I'm a little confused on the reserved park thing. Can you explain that to me?
You need a park reservation in order to enter any park. This is due to capacity limitations. As soon as you have linked your tickets in My Disney Experience you can select one park per each day of your tickets. The calendar will show if any parks are unavailable (meaning capacity has already been filled). If you purchased the park hopper option, you can visit a different park after 2 pm without an advanced reservation, but you must have “tapped in” to your first park. You can hop to more than one park if you wish. Thus far none of the parks have reached capacity after hopping begins at 2 pm.

Parker in NYC

Park hopping has been back for months at this point.

I get it about the masks. I'm in the same boat. Masks irritate my skin even when I'm wearing them for just an hour at the grocery store plus the glasses fogging is a real issue.

You have to consider when you're going.
Going in May? Yeah masks are likely still required and entertainment more limited etc.
Going in August? The world may look much different and I for one hope it does.
My sister and I plan to go late August as that was the plan for 2020.
We are willing to do whatever we have to and if that means wearing a mask then so be it and if that means there's still not a full experience so be it.
What you need to figure out is if nothing changes between now and when you're looking to go would you be willing or not?
Likely? Masks are remaining through the rest of the year. My track record here is pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Likely? Masks are remaining through the rest of the year. My track record here is pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Disney has stated they are following CDC guidelines.
Seems like the CDC is starting to loosen recommendations little by little and a lot by July so... my guess is by August Disney may loosen requirments.

JIMINYCR

Everyone has their tolerance for what makes or breaks their decision to go to WDW. If the masking policy and lack of entertainment determines your upper level of abandoning a trip then so be it. We have tolerated wearing masks on a daily basis now and although we arent going to be happy about it at Disney, it isnt something that will stop us from enjoying our May trip back. We will miss plenty of things weve enjoyed in the past but still we can find enough to keep us satisfied. Even despite all that we just simply NEED our family time together back in WDW. Everyone is going stir crazy with doing what weve been doing at home... a nice trip to the FL warmth, the atmosphere of the parks, the dining, the snacks and just walking the property is exactly what will do us good. So your decision when to go back may be delayed, but hopefully you will reach the point where you can justify making the trip work.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Disney has stated they are following CDC guidelines.
Seems like the CDC is starting to loosen recommendations little by little and a lot by July so... my guess is by August Disney may loosen requirments.

The only way masks will be gone by July is if the virus has diminished in such a way that social distancing is no longer required. 2022 is when we probably wont have to wear them anymore.

Walt Disney1955

Just don't go. You're already not onboard with wearing a mask and even worried about maskne (mask acne). What makes you think you will enjoy your trip with that inconvenience already in your mind? Just go next year, besides the 50th will last until next year anyways.

I agree with him, Disney just isn't Disney in its current form. I'd love to be there in the fall, it would be fun, but the problem I have is that a year ago we heard the same thing (eg. "It isn't as if this will be here in a year"). The same language is used in March of 2021 that was used in March of 2020. It is the public that will decide if they want things to change by March of 2022, and most don't truly want things back to normal. Or else we'd be there today. So I guess what I am saying is that it is easy to be skeptical about the whole "It won't be like that by then" type of optimism.

graphite1326

Original Poster
You need a park reservation in order to enter any park. This is due to capacity limitations. As soon as you have linked your tickets in My Disney Experience you can select one park per each day of your tickets. The calendar will show if any parks are unavailable (meaning capacity has already been filled). If you purchased the park hopper option, you can visit a different park after 2 pm without an advanced reservation, but you must have “tapped in” to your first park. You can hop to more than one park if you wish. Thus far none of the parks have reached capacity after hopping begins at 2 pm.
Well that kinda stinks that you have to book the parks you want to park hopper to. Sometimes late in our vacation we like to go from park to park to get a second ride on the attractions we really like. We often decide on a whim.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Well that kinda stinks that you have to book the parks you want to park hopper to. Sometimes late in our vacation we like to go from park to park to get a second ride on the attractions we really like. We often decide on a whim.
You don’t have to book the parks you want to hop to. You must tap into the park where you made your initial reservation for the day before being allowed to park hop after 2 pm. (You can then hop to as many parks as you like.) If you don’t enter the first park that you booked you will be denied entry at the other 3 parks.

Giss Neric

I think you will understand the new rules more if you watch Youtube videos about it. There are a lot out there. You will understand it more than just reading a bunch of opinions cause clearly I think you have a lack of knowledge about the "new normal" in theme parks.

Disvillain63

I went with my daughter in December. Wearing a mask wasn't so bad. We used the mask-free areas as needed, planned breaks for food or drink, and took our time. The two of us and our spouses are planning to go again in May.

There is some entertainment. We enjoyed the cavalcades, maybe even more than parades. Things are different, but it was still magical and fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom