Just made Le Cellier Cheddar Soup

Tinkerkell

I've made the soup several times at home and love it! What type of beer did you use? I wanted to use Moosehead, but it's hard to find. I've probably used a different beer each time we make the soup.

It's not the same as real pretzel bread, but we'll buy frozen soft pretzels and make that when we make the soup. If you live near a Wegmans, they have pretzel bread in their bakery area. Unfortunately, Wegmans isn't too close to us, but I might plan a Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese Soup Day for a day we're in that area this winter so I can pick up some bread while there.

cornandacobb

Now...to figure out how to make that pretzel bread!!! YUM! :D

If you have a Costco near you, in the bakery section, they sell bags of pretzel rolls by Labriola. Fresh and fantastic. They disappear really fast in my house.

IMG_0467-e1331833628859.jpg

awesomeinabox

Trader Joe's also has really good Pretzel bread in stick form. Not as skinny as LC but still pretty good. They get it fresh so it tastes nice and soft. I found Moosehead beer at Marianos (they are midwestern) a month or so ago so you can try your craft beer sections.
If you want Moosehead go to your local liquor store and ask if they can order some. Usually if you can pay for it they will order it for you.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
I've made the soup several times at home and love it! What type of beer did you use? I wanted to use Moosehead, but it's hard to find. I've probably used a different beer each time we make the soup.

It's not the same as real pretzel bread, but we'll buy frozen soft pretzels and make that when we make the soup. If you live near a Wegmans, they have pretzel bread in their bakery area. Unfortunately, Wegmans isn't too close to us, but I might plan a Le Cellier Cheddar Cheese Soup Day for a day we're in that area this winter so I can pick up some bread while there.

An Indian Pale Ale from whole foods. we just guessed! :) It was really good. I do live near a Wegmans! :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I could be wrong, but I believe they use diamond cheddar, and I need to get my hands on it. :cool: I tried it with a white cheddar called Dubliner. It is delicious. I use liberal amounts of white pepper. I make sure the bacon bits are well done or I had a slightly greasy batch of soup once even when used as a garnish. My next experiment is throwing in a bay leaf, because bay leaf makes everything taste good. I have to try the specific Disney recipe.

Also, Dubliner cheddar is killer on cheeseburgers and mac and cheese. It has this rich, tangy kick that is awesome.

I bought Diamond at Sam's Club. Much less expensive.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have a great belief that you can't knock something until you have tried it! Back in 2007 our first visit to Le Cellier I tried the Cheese soup I tried to finish it but couldn't, even with the wonderful pretzel bread. Every year since I have said it might have been a bad batch, so many people love it I might try it again, but I have not be able to bring myself to order it. I guess I'm in the minority but Cheese should not be in a soup it's just so wrong! Even now just the thought of it make me shudder!
IT'S WRONG JUST SO WRONG!!!
TTFN Jo
Oh poor you. I cheat behind its back on my Canadian Soup, I have a love affair with Panera's Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup.

Mrs.Toad

Don't get me started. I just found a Panera by my house and I had the broccoli cheddar soup like two weeks ago. So good...so rich. Just a shame that my accompanying chicken sandwich with chipotle sauce was not so good.

fauzha7

I recently found Pretzel Bread Sticks at my local Walmart Supercenter. I think they are packed 8 in a bag but I try not to buy them too often. They are 170 cal. each and I can eat most of the bag myself (if I don't close the bag and put it out of sight). They are around $3 a bag.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom